Rematch!

Longboard Horn

20 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Are we going to be able to get 85 seats together or are we going to split the team up into different sections? Because the only way we go to Arlington is in the stands.

Egregiously stupid post. Please say who you think is going to win out in remaining schedule other than Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

We turned it over 3 times (4 if you count the dumb penalty that gave OU a free first on a punt), lost our starting center, lost Catalon, played without Watts, shit the bed on red zone playcalling, shit the bed on time management at the end of the game, and still managed to almost win it.  If we get a rematch, we will win convincingly.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Grade of D as in David said:

Why do you think Texas wins out?

Becauase Texas is significantly better than every one of the remaining opponents. In s shitty game with three turnovers against a very good team Texas lost on a last second touchdown. Other than OU, someone has to go to the big 12 title game. Who goes? Otherwise your bleating is as inane as "X team is over-ranked". Well fine, who should be ranked higher?

• Hook 'Em 5

Texas will beat them in the Big 12 CCG, no doubts in my mind. We made a lot of mistakes and shouldve won still. This will be a turning point for the team in a good way. 

31 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Hell, I'm not convinced we'll be playing OU.

I am, none of the loser Rig 12 teams are gonna be able to get through the year on less than two losses. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Hook 'Em 1

Well, I'm 99% sure that Big 12 officials will cost us at least one of: @TCU, KSU, BYU or Tech... They'll rig it so another team wins the tiebreaker, and we're sitting at home. Then Yomark will probably whack off to the Big 12 refs jobbing OU in the Championship Game -- costing them a playoff bid.

• Rage+1 1

We, unfortunately, want OU to win every game and face us as a top 4 ranked team in the championship. Playing someone else or a one loss OU may not pump our resume enough. First order of business is getting there and curb stomping the rest of the big 12 in the process. No more taking our foot off the pedal so Murphy can hand it off 4 times in a row.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

We turned it over 3 times (4 if you count the dumb penalty that gave OU a free first on a punt), lost our starting center, lost Catalon, played without Watts, shit the bed on red zone playcalling, shit the bed on time management at the end of the game, and still managed to almost win it.  If we get a rematch, we will win convincingly.

5 if you count 3 times in the idiotic jumbo formation from the 1 yard line. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

OU played a great game, we didn’t, and we almost won.  It sucks, and I wish we would have won, but if we take this and put a chip on our shoulder, we’ll win out, be in the CCG in a rematch against OU and we’ll destroy them the 2nd time around.  We’ll then go the playoffs, because there are not going to be four undefeated teams and no one loss team will have a better resume.

• Hook 'Em 5

24 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

On paper yes, but it’s hard to shake the stink and mojo of the last 10+ years when Texas loses the way it did today.

The fuck does that mean?  We were missing our #1 CB. Our starting center left in the 1Q. Our QB gifted them two balls in the 1Q. Our opponent did everything they fucking could to not lose today.

This is a good Texas team. I fucking dare any of the spares left on our schedule to beat us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The fuck does that mean?  We were missing our #1 CB. Our starting center left in the 1Q. Our QB gifted them two balls in the 1Q. Our opponent did everything they fucking could to not lose today.

This is a good Texas team. I fucking dare any of the spares left on our schedule to beat us. 

I’m with you brother. I triple dog dare anyone left to beat us.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It means Texas has stepped on itself plenty today and has a history of doing so with questionable shifts in play calling by Sark. It didn’t matter who was out when you make four predictable runs in the middle inside the 5. Oklahoma wasn’t at full strength either by the end of the game. I’m not saying Texas won’t run the table, but excuse us for being cautious about the propensity for a Sark led team to implode in certain games. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Some of our fans don't want to accept the reality that this is a very good football team.

Yeah, we lost today. That happens to good teams.

Shake it off. Win out.

Yep.  A lot of great teams lose one along the way.  Most of them, in fact.

I'm not saying we're gonna win out, but ou is a very good team -- better than I had thought.  And look at how much shit had to go wrong for them to beat us.  

This loss doesn't keep us from winning the conference or making the playoff.  And, there's nothing in this loss that should make us feel like those things aren't still attainable.

It's just one loss.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Got home a couple hours ago, had time to process everything. JWhitt, Gunnar Helm, J Brooks and X had a great game. Quinn and JT Sanders were pretty good in spots, but Quinn's forced throws led to turnovers...one that didn't hurt at all (led to the blocked punt in the end zone and MM's TD.

Our defense still has issues with deep pass coverage but they did well enough that against most QB's we get a coverage sack or throw out of bounds. We simply didn't pressure Gabriel often enough and couldn't contain him when we did...and in my mind that was the difference in the game.

I'm not as sunshiney as the OP (been a long day) but I do see us facing bloU again if we get our shit together and play like we did against Bama...and no ref fuckery.

18 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

It means Texas has stepped on itself plenty today and has a history of doing so with questionable shifts in play calling by Sark. It didn’t matter who was out when you make four predictable runs in the middle inside the 5. Oklahoma wasn’t at full strength either by the end of the game. I’m not saying Texas won’t run the table, but excuse us for being cautious about the propensity for a Sark led team to implode in certain games. 

We played with our third string center for 3 1/2 quarters. Catalon basically missed 3 quarters. Watts was out. Sanders was obviously still hobbled when he tried to play. Ou lost Mettaur for the 4th quarter and Gentry Williams for the last few possessions. Not exactly equal there.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

You are a fucking retarded if you think we end our 12 game schedule with one loss. 

54 minutes ago, Goredho said:

You are just fucking retarded, outright, no conditions.

That mother fucker gave up and checked out in the middle of the game 

Screenshot_20231007-215111.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

so what exactly in our last decade of football (or sarks entire history) makes you all think we will go undefeated the remainder of the schedule?

Going 5 and 0 to start the year, beating two ranked teams, almost beating a 3rd ranked team, and having no ranked teams remaining on the schedule.  Sorry for your battered wife Longhorn fan syndrome.

• Hook 'Em 3