2023 ALCS: Rangers vs Astros

Helobious

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

With the exception of ztejas, every single fan in the Rangers thread has given on that team multiple times since the all-star break. Hell, I can find a whole bunch of give up posts that started Friday afternoon.

Come on now.

Incorrect.

I gave up on them multiple times tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

With the exception of ztejas, every single fan in the Rangers thread has given on that team multiple times since the all-star break. Hell, I can find a whole bunch of give up posts that started Friday afternoon.
Come on now.
To be fair, I've still given up on them lol.

Ok not really but a Scherzer start doesn't exactly give me a ton of confidence. I'm just hoping any arm available is ready to go since the next game isn't until Friday night. I'd give Scherzer a very short leash. He had a big bag of nothing in game 3. Astros squared up on him all night. Even all his outs were hard hit.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

To be fair, I've still given up on them lol.

Ok not really but a Scherzer start doesn't exactly give me a ton of confidence. I'm just hoping any arm available is ready to go since the next game isn't until Friday night. I'd give Scherzer a very short leash. He had a big bag of nothing in game 3. Astros squared up on him all night. Even all his outs were hard hit.

He actually had his fastball but had no control over his slider.  If he finds his slider tomorrow night, maybe we can get 5 out of him.   

32 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Have you guys seen us at home? Sherzer needs to be decent and we won’t score shit. It’s just like we were in 2019. Is what it is. Crazy part is I feel no confidence to win tonight but confident we could handle Philly being on the road for 4 games. 

I saw also that Javier has never lost when pitching after an Astros loss. Something’s gotta give.

Stolen from Facebook:

Some very interesting coincidences involving tonight’s ALCS game 7. There have been 3 best of 5 or best of 7 postseason series in MLB history that the visiting team has won each game… 2010 ALDS, 2012 NLDS, and the 2019 World Series. All 3 of these series have direct links to this one. The Rangers won the 2010 ALDS by winning games 1 and 2 at Tampa before dropping games 3 and 4 at home and then won game 5 in Tampa.

Dusty Baker managed the 2012 Cincinnati Reds when they won the first two games of the NLDS against San Francisco before losing three straight at home… the LDS was a 2-3 format that season.

Finally of course the Astros lost the 2019 World Series to the Nationals in which the visiting team won all seven games and the starting pitcher for the Washington that night was Max Scherzer who will get the start tonight for the Rangers.

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't think it was on purpose. I think Dusty's reaction was valid and genuine. I think you could tell from Maldonado's reaction as well. It just doesn't make sense and I don't know if this is unpopular or outside of the party line to say these things as a Rangers fan, but I think it was accidental. I was actually a little shocked at how many Astro fans thought it was intentional on the Astros thread in the aftermath.

That said, there is a chance I guess that Abreu took matters into his own hands and went rogue and did intentionally bean Garcia, but that seems unlikely as well.

27 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If anyone wants to know why we have issues with Dusty Baker, they were on full display for the last inning.

Actually, the last four innings.

Letting France bleed out was amazing. I couldn't believe he was doing it. Left him in at LEAST 4 batters too long.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Letting France bleed out was amazing. I couldn't believe he was doing it. Left him in at LEAST 4 batters too long.

That was amazing but letting Maldonado hit with runners on in the 4th was beyond amazing.  

I think Dusty's trying to get fired.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Beau Vine said:

That was amazing but letting Maldonado hit with runners on in the 4th was beyond amazing.  

Imagine not being the Yankees and firing a manager that won a World Series and lost in game 7 of the LCS the next year. Never going to happen. 

Just now, Beau Vine said:

He didn't want to ruin his streak of never having won a Game 7 in the playoffs. He's a main who demands a certain symmetry and neatness in that regard.

21 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Hard to believe.  I thought after 2011 it would never happen again. 

That night honestly nearly killed me. The only worse sports moment for me was 2008 Tech tbh.
I’ve been a pussy ass fair weather casual Rangers fan since 2011 after growing up watching them almost every night with my older brother- Rusty Greer, Will Clark salet days.
Fuck it though. I’ll jump on board if there’s room and you guys will have me.
Go win the whole fucking thing! Atonement.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

Just absolutely fucking beautiful. The Astros fraudulent “dynasty” ends with their rivals celebrating the pennant on the Minute Maid field. Great day to be a baseball fan
Is it even a dynasty if you never win back to back? That seems like the minimum. What they did was very impressive but dynasty? Nope.
  • Like 2