NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

So I looked up at Minnesota is 17-4.  

And Rudy is playing out of his mind.

If this keeps up through this season, I'll be disappointed if @MNLonghornFUKM doesn't rub it in all of our faces given all of the shit he took for the trade.

As overrated as I think Gobert is, I thought that Minnesota would be be a good regular season team last year, despite my jokes. His impact on regular season defense is well-established. So they hilariously underachieved.

But you make a trade like that because you think that Gobert is the missing piece to your team winning a championship. Playoff Gobert--when teams take the time to gameplan and run a billion pick and rolls to target mismatches--also has a well-established reputation for a reason.

But being the #1 seed has never been a bad thing with regards to title hopes, so maybe they will prove us all wrong.

Goberts the bombs. I guess the injuries last year really hindered him…especially at the beginning when we all thought this guy is completely washed

Also replacing loser DLo with Mike Conley is an absolute upgrade. Actually replaced loser DLo with Conley, NAW and a 2nd round pick lol.

I wouldn’t trade NAW or Conley for loser DLo straight up none the less getting both of them for loser DLO is the definition of a fleecing.

We have an incredibly tough stretch up through mid January. Believe about 10 straight vs current playoff teams and ant checked out of the game last night with his hip issue again. At least jaden mcdaniels is set to come back soon and hopefully ant too.

It’s been fun to watch…especially seeing that this team has already passed like 3 other wolves teams from the past decade in total wins.

13 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

She hired Gloria Allred. I don't think there's going to be much shared responsibility here.

Yeah I thought with the family not cooperating that they were at least partially admitting that she has some fault but hiring Allred tells me the shit is about to blow up.

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Kevin Hart seems like he maybe would like to see Giddey shot out of a cannon with his self-described deflection. If I had a daughter and I found that out I would probably feel the same way. That the family hired Allred means they are now obviously seeking a payday. Can’t blame them as it’s hard to be upwardly mobile in that state. 

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

What ID should guys ask for? Driver’s Licenses can be easily faked. Passport? I’m sure not many are issued in Oklahoma emoji1787.png

If he asked and carded, is his ass protected? Who knows? Dude is getting a crash course in age of consent. Lawyer up and pay to make it go away. Then have a fool-proof system going forward. This doesn’t really seem to be an issue for anyone else not named Karl. 

46 minutes ago, Kermit said:

If he asked and carded, is his ass protected? Who knows? Dude is getting a crash course in age of consent. Lawyer up and pay to make it go away. Then have a fool-proof system going forward. This doesn’t really seem to be an issue for anyone else not named Karl. 

He needs to find himself a cougar just to be on the safe side. Not real sure what he’ll wind up with going that route, but he won’t be handing over six or seven figures to a family like he is about to do.

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

Big night for OKC tomorrow night as voters get to decide whether or not to approve a $900 million dollar arena for the Thunder.

What the hell is wrong with their current arena? It was built in 2002. If you don’t get 30 years out of a stadium you’re doing something wrong. Can’t they just renovate it?

27 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What the hell is wrong with their current arena? It was built in 2002. If you don’t get 30 years out of a stadium you’re doing something wrong. Can’t they just renovate it?

But then how would the owners get a public handout?

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Believe it or not, it's the oldest in the NBA at 30 years.

Same reason Dallas is wanting a new arena.

23 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Atlanta was able to renovate their arena recently that was built in the 90s for less than half of what the bloodsucking ownership OKC are asking the public to pay. OKC owners are only putting $50 million of their own money while leaching  the taxpayers for $900 million. Toyota Center was built in 2003 and, thankfully, not a word from the Rockets about needing a new arena. The Rockets and the city have upgraded and renovated the arena over the years to keep it up to date. They added new LED ribbon boards this season and for next season they’ll have a new center hanging scoreboard and video screens. Having a reserve for renovations to keep your stadium up to date is the only responsible way to manage these type of assets so you don’t have an OKC waste of taxpayer funds.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Atlanta was able to renovate their arena recently that was built in the 90s for less than half of what the bloodsucking ownership OKC are asking the public to pay. OKC owners are only putting $50 million of their own money while leaching  the taxpayers for $900 million. Toyota Center was built in 2003 and, thankfully, not a word from the Rockets about needing a new arena. The Rockets and the city have upgraded and renovated the arena over the years to keep it up to date. They added new LED ribbon boards this season and for next season they’ll have a new center hanging scoreboard and video screens. Having a reserve for renovations to keep your stadium up to date is the only responsible way to manage these type of assets so you don’t have an OKC waste of taxpayer funds.

They have the smallest and oldest arena in the NBA.  They miss out on concerts that other cities in the region get.  The city will own the arena, not the team.  It's also not a tax increase but an extension of a current tax that is mostly paid by tourists.  

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

They have the smallest and oldest arena in the NBA.  They miss out on concerts that other cities in the region get.  The city will own the arena, not the team.  It's also not a tax increase but an extension of a current tax that is mostly paid by tourists.  

They miss out on concerts because they live in Oklahoma.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kermit said:

You’re right. Hanson is playing Tulsa in May.

Springsteen, for example, hit every major city in the region except Okie City.  We saw him in Tulsa.

From what I understand, the Okie City arena has 4 loading docks whereas Tulsa has like 12 or something.  Also, the dressing rooms aren't big enough.  Shows and acts are bigger now with more people and equipment.  It makes it difficult to get in and out of the Okie City arena.

People act like it's only going to be used for basketball games.  The city will own it and it'll be used for everything else.  Thunder ownership group is paying $50M and getting no stake in the arena.

Target center was built in 1990

Madison square garden 1968

Kaseya center 1999

United center 1994

American Airlines center 2001

Footprint center 1992

Delta center 1991

Staples center 1999

Gainbridge fieldhouse 1999

Wells Fargo center 1996

Scotiabank arena 1999

Capital one arena 1997

State Farm arena 1999

May want to fire your statistician
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It is nowhere close to being the oldest arena in the NBA (https://arenadigest.com/2020/01/08/nba-arenas-oldest-to-newest-2020-update/) Its also not the smallest (https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nba/biggest-nba-arenas-ranking-nba-arenas-by-capacity-bm05/). But other than that, your first sentence is spot on. 

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

It is nowhere close to being the oldest arena in the NBA (https://arenadigest.com/2020/01/08/nba-arenas-oldest-to-newest-2020-update/) Its also not the smallest (https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nba/biggest-nba-arenas-ranking-nba-arenas-by-capacity-bm05/). But other than that, your first sentence is spot on. 

The current arena — Paycom Center — is the smallest in the NBA by square footage, has the second-smallest capital investment of all NBA arenas and is one of the oldest in the entire NBA at 21 years old.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholascrain/2023/09/12/new-arena-thunder-to-remain-in-oklahoma-city-through-2050-and-beyond-pending-voter-approval/?sh=52315a5b3259