Houston Astros off-season thread

Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Don’t renew Dusty’s contract. Don’t resign Maldy. Find a decent LF and some bullpen depth.

Yep. Won’t even cost that much to do that. Literally with the right hires in the front office and on field staff, and maybe one leverage arm in the bullpen, and a LHH bat in the OF (even if just a platoon) this team and this organization will be ready to pivot into awesomeness.  It can be such a breath of fresh air. 
Altuve needs to be re-signed. They need to shit or get off the pot with Tucker. Offer him 10/300 and if he says no trade him for a Soto type package if you can get it. 
If they run it back with moron and maldonado I’m going to be despondent. I promise I won’t bitch about it every page, it will probably just lead to a lot of apathy and me waking up in the middle of the night occasionally screaming why. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. Won’t even cost that much to do that. Literally with the right hires in the front office and on field staff, and maybe one leverage arm in the bullpen, and a LHH bat in the OF (even if just a platoon) this team and this organization will be ready to pivot into awesomeness.  It can be such a breath of fresh air. 
Altuve needs to be re-signed. They need to shit or get off the pot with Tucker. Offer him 10/300 and if he says no trade him for a Soto type package if you can get it. 
If they run it back with moron and maldonado I’m going to be despondent. I promise I won’t bitch about it every page, it will probably just lead to a lot of apathy and me waking up in the middle of the night occasionally screaming why. 

They should offer him 6/120 right now, and he might just take it because he's so mopey, sad and depressed about something. Dude looks like he's be listening to My Chemical Romance the whole postseason. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I'm viewing next year as a 'reload'. All the key pieces are back for one more run. the next manager has to be able to handle that. he has to come in with the mind set of taking the down the 2024 rangers and getting back to the world series 

extremely sr roster, with multiple HoF'ers

Edited by tx 3 putt

157 days until we take on Yankees on Opening Day. I'm done thinking about baseball until Spring Training is a few weeks out. Doubt I'll watch more than a few innings (if any) of the World Series. Don't really give shit when Astros aren't playing.

Only thing I care about between now and then is not hearing that we've offered Dusty a chance to come back for another shot in 2024.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

They should offer him 6/120 right now, and he might just take it because he's so mopey, sad and depressed about something. Dude looks like he's be listening to My Chemical Romance the whole postseason. 

It’s amazing the numbers he puts up over the course of an entire season because he has a penchant for completely disappearing for a couple of weeks at a time.  I’m not talking a slump where he hits 0.175, he can go 0-fer for an entire week.  Sucks that he did it in the postseason this time, but last year it was Altuve.  Fortunately last year there weren’t four other black holes in the lineup. 

Need to ditch Graveman.  He’s a jinx and bringing him back started our late season slide.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WBT said:

He won't say no to that but we also won't offer it.

I know.  But we should. It’s an 8/270 or so extension (he should make about 30M in arbitration) which seems light if he were to be a FA tonight but fair to both parties with the discount for guaranteed money now that he would have to give. 
but yeah- I know that won’t get offered. 
the right time to trade guys is 2 years out from FA. 

I'm glad we spent October watching a few more weeks of baseball, rather than staying home watching it on TV like the Yankees and Mariners did.

I'm not sure we deserved a playoff spot, and glad we justified it.

We gotta figure out why we have a home field disadvantage.

Thanks for the memories, Dusty; don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Same to you, Maldy.

It's been a wonderful decade of Astros baseball. I wonder what happens next?

• Hook 'Em 3

excited to see Baker gone, the Astros have won in spite of him and his constant awful untimely moves. Tonight was further proof that Dusty is horrible and should have retired years ago. He is a game 7 nightmare. Maldanado has to go as well, enough is enough. Need some pitching help, but next year can be another good, beyond that it gets ugly if the management doesnt step up and pay for the talent....with no much on the farm it could be a long drought unless Crane decides to pay up.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Dusty took over a team in the middle of a scandal. He took the team to the ALCS every year. Went to 2 World Series and won one.

He has left large shoes to fill.

Hope we make a great hire to replace him.

dodgers and yankees would kill for the success that dusty had here (and they both have better rosters)

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Dusty took over a team in the middle of a scandal. He took the team to the ALCS every year. Went to 2 World Series and won one.

He has left large shoes to fill.

Hope we make a great hire to replace him.

There are winos on Crawford that could have done a better job than Dusty tonight. Brilliant moves like bringing in Jp France. Not pinch hitting for Maldanado with runners on but then two innings later pinch hitting for him in the lead off spot. Crusty Dusty is constantly getting out managed. Sure he gets a little credit for coming in after scandal but thats nothing that another experienced manager couldnt have done. With the talent the Astros have had the last few years, they could have won more games with a better manager, cant wait to see him gone. The best thing that happened in game was 5 was Dusty getting thrown out so someone else could make the right moves.

• Hook 'Em 3