Houston Astros off-season thread

Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, uoftorange said:

I'm going to need Altuve to get some more ground ball practice going.  He's been super iffy on almost every play his way.  I know it's early and it will be fine, but it's standing out 

he grounded out on the first pitch of the game. he’s ready for the season

• Haha 1

Only thing that really makes a shit this ST is BP arms.....and of course no injuries.  Yordan could go 0-28 and I would give zero fucks.  But guys like Coleman are important to watch because he can't keep his shit under control so he better figure it out fast or next man up.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, runthebone said:

Unlike the bats, the posters are ready for the regular season.

Speaking of, can we please get a consensus on the date the regular season thread should start? I don’t want @henrygandorf and @Hank Kingsley to have to issue an amber alert again if I’m tied up and not watching this thread on D-Day. Wednesday, March 27?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Do we really want spring training bitchassdness in the season thread? There’s a natural day off between the last exhibition game and the reg season opener against the Yankees.

I just looked back at my texts and that year it was March 30.

the season thread will have PLENTY of bitchassedness !!!!!

Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Speaking of, can we please get a consensus on the date the regular season thread should start? I don’t want @henrygandorf and @Hank Kingsley to have to issue an amber alert again if I’m tied up and not watching this thread on D-Day. Wednesday, March 27?

I vote for whatever day you did it in 2022.