Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

They need to be thinking about getting Manning some snaps. Forget his redshirt, get him ready for the stretch run. Maalik is very good, but not the star caliber it takes to with a Natty. Gotta be Ewers or Manning to end this season

you literally can not know that about Arch

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Fucking seriously. I don't give a fuck that we're up by 10. We could be up by 13. 

It’s the not recognizing how to be the better team that gets me. We had won everything up to that point. Kick the FG, keep winning. Why give them a chance to have a win? The a blocked fg occurs and now they have a series of wins. Why do that? We aren’t the underdogs that need to take chances. 

3 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

No, christ. You don't bring in Manning unless MM gets hurt or the game is out of reach. What if Manning struggles in his first moment as a true freshman in a big game? You're fucked.

You don't wait for your mediocre backup to get injured in week 9 or 10. Ewers is a question mark right now, and we might need Manning to win the big one or two at the end of the season. Just don't think MM can handle the pressure or make good decisions on the big plays.

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We looked like typical Texas regardless of who’s QB. We’ve jumped on some teams and looked playoff worthy only to allow horribad coaching calls that have yet to work this entire year being 3-1726162 on 4th down.   We’ve also looked like typical Texas allowing weak teams to get back in the game that we should be blowing out.  I truly believe a diet of Brooks Baxter Blue and Krob on the edges until their slow secondaries creep and then deep prayers to AM and worthy is all you need.  We can 3-4yard them to death and crush this defense. But sark gonna sark 

Lol "weak teams"

Everyone here was scared of K State. Vegas had them +3.5 today. They're T1 in the B12 and ranked.

Y'all so consistently crack me up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dad said:

Sark is allowing pride to impact his decision making. He can't stand being seen as an offensive guru yet having the 120th ranked red zone offense so he foregoes taking the ideal play for maintaining the highest probability of winning a game (taking the field goal to go up 20-0) in order to attempt to get a touchdown to improve his rating and perception. This second half needs to be absolutely run heavy as Malik is fringing on breaking down mentally and we were doing great running in the first half.

bullshit, he sees his defense fucking them up, but no, let's go with he's worried about perception more than winning.  god fucking damnit what kind of drugs do you fuckers do before games?

Sark's gonna fuck around and lose this game for us. Not taking the 3 on 4th from the 12 with a 17 pt lead when your team is 120th in the country in red zone. Maalik started hot but is still way too loose with the ball and Sark isn't reigning him in. Remove the intermediate throws over the middle for now. 

• Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

because this isn't a penalty

image.jpeg.ad8f3f3d302b50e279e9742a4b20c5dd.jpeg

This picture is such a good example of why "chest catching" is so stupid as a WR and something NFL coaches will make him change. If his hands are up and he high points the ball there's no way that DB can interfere with Worthy's arms. It'd still be PI, but even with the penalty, Worthy likely still catches it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Impressed with the first half! It was a huge momentum swing but thankfully KState wasn’t able to capitalize on that last drive. 
What we have been doing is working.

Take a breath. Regroup and come out with a fighter mentality. 

And take the FG points Sark. No team is so good that they can afford just give up an easy three for a hard 7 and get nada.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

bullshit, he sees his defense fucking them up, but no, let's go with he's worried about perception more than winning.  god fucking damnit what kind of drugs do you fuckers do before games?

It's almost like he hasn't done this all year but yes let's use today's defensive performance to justify his propensity to take the low probability play. 

Just now, RoyalBevo21 said:

This picture is such a good example of why "chest catching" is so stupid as a WR and something NFL coaches will make him change. If his hands are up and he high points the ball there's no way that DB can interfere with Worthy's arms. It'd still be PI, but even with the penalty, Worthy likely still catches it. 

Well it looks kinda of hard to raise your hands when the DB is holding them down. Think he was just adjusting and trying to catch it best he could 

13 minutes ago, BarthHollamew said:

Sark, you see how hard we are trying not to give up three points here at the end of the half?  Can we please have that same urgency on offense when three points is there for the taking? 

Human Psychology 101

Loss aversion > potential gain, even when it's the same value. 

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's hysterical. It's all the same posters that thought we would lose this game. We're up 10 right now with a dude making his 2nd start at QB - missing our starting RT and it's just endless fucking criticism of the HC. 

From what I can see we have receivers open. Sometimes, Malik hits them and the receiver is interfered with and it is not called. Other times, Malik is missing the throw.  Sark can't go out there and throw the ball for him.

The no call on Worthy was criminal.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

you literally can not know that about Arch

True, I'm guessing that Manning can do anything we've seen Maalik do (i.e. throw  the deep ball, throw the quick short ball), and he's more mobile, maybe he'll make better decisions, but he's gotta get some playing time. Hell, let's get up another 14 pts, then alternate QBs.

I desperately want one of the post game press conference reports to ask Sark

Hey coach, so far this year, you have gone for 4th down inside the red zone how many times?

how many TDs and First downs do you have?  because I think its ridiculous coach.  like 3 first downs, 1 or 2 TDs and no less than 5 failed attempts. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Impressed with the first half! It was a huge momentum swing but thankfully KState wasn’t able to capitalize on that last drive. 
What we have been doing is working.

Take a breath. Regroup and come out with a fighter mentality. 

And take the FG points Sark. No team is so good that they can afford just give up an easy three for a hard 7 and get nada.

Couldn't have said it better.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Here's what I'm pissed about:

1. Not taking the points
  2. Ignored PI
  3. Blocked punt

More than any of the above is fucking @GreenspointTexaswith the low-blow comment about Sark's past drinking problem. Seriously, fuck your own face, man.

@GreenspointTexas does this every weekend.

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol "weak teams"

Everyone here was scared of K State. Vegas had them +3.5 today. They're T1 in the B12 and ranked.

Y'all so consistently crack me up.

Unfortunately my opinion. Of k state was todays showing and CTJ breakdown analysis of them 

mother than that I’ve not seen anything from them this season 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

You don't wait for your mediocre backup to get injured in week 9 or 10. Ewers is a question mark right now, and we might need Manning to win the big one or two at the end of the season. Just don't think MM can handle the pressure or make good decisions on the big plays.

Dude, MM looked like he'd win the Heisman this year in the first quarter. The he struggled in the 2nd. It's his second start. Don't be daft. If he throws two more interceptions and looks like he's melting down, that's another story. 

Edited by mwaadeeb

By the way - I love Johnathan Brooks. He's arguably our best player. He's had a fantastic season. I took money out of my own bank account a few weeks ago and sent it directly to him.

His run on the 3rd and 4 in the red zone before Savion muffed the snap was piss-poor. 

You want to hold people accountable - hold them accountable. You don't get to just shit on the head coach anytime anything goes wrong because you like certain players or defend players in general. It's a team game. 

Sark has done a tremendous fucking job this season. Some of us are enjoying the fact that we don't suck shit for the 15th season in a row. I'm sorry that some of you can't enjoy that and have delusional aspirations about where Texas should be every season. 

Let's put these fucks away in the 2nd half and keep our CFP hopes alive. 

Hook em

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Well it looks kinda of hard to raise your hands when the DB is holding them down. Think he was just adjusting and trying to catch it best he could 

That's the point, if he were trying to catch with his hands his arms would be raised before the DB ever gets there. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic