Texas @ TCU time placeholder thread

mdmost

So we got that 6 day window. Other Big 12 games in the same status are oSu @ UCF, Cincy @ Houston, Baylor @ KSU, WVU @ OU. Iowa State @ BYU is a 9:15 ESPN game.

Big Noon is spoken for with Michigan and Penn State.

I feel like we're good for either an 11am or 2:30 ABC game. 

Other 6 day holds: USC @ Oregon, Utah @ Washington

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, mdleast said:

As I understand it, as of this moment, there has been no announcement as to the primetime night game by Fox, FS1, ABC or ESPN so…I can still dare to dream of a night game

Look at post #3 many of those have been announced. WVU/Oklahoma is FOX Prime and Cincy/UH is FS1 Prime and the SEC#2 game (likely TN/Mizzou as UGA/Ole Miss has to be #1) game is ESPN Prime.

Edited by TKthunder2

Look at post #3 many of those have been announced. WVU/Oklahoma is FOX Prime and Cincy/UH is FS1 Prime and the SEC#2 game (likely TN/Mizzou as UGA/Ole Miss has to be #1) game is ESPN Prime.

Yeah you’re right. I was looking at my preferred schedule site (http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm) (as it’s Central time) and they haven’t updated

6 minutes ago, mdleast said:

Yeah you’re right. I was looking at my preferred schedule site (http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm) (as it’s Central time) and they haven’t updated

The guys at FBschedules.com update their stuff fairly quickly.

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-tv-schedule/

It’s between our game and Miami/FSU for the 230/prime spot on ABC. 230 seems most likely based on the competition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:
Baylor gets ESPN+ again, lol.

Starting next season we'll get the Beth Mowins gauge of suckitude and/or irrelevancy. Never thought I'd say it, but I'll miss Fox.

You’re trying way too hard.

Fox had 1 good team, and even then, Gus’ shtick is/was getting old. There is no #2 or #3 team for Fox worth a shit. (Huard should have stayed with ESPN but I think he was cut)

Pasch/Dusty

Fowler/Herbie

McDonough/McElroy

These are (to me) the top 3 ESPN teams, and they are miles ahead of the #2 and #3 teams for Fox. 

I realize technically the TV slot is announced, but don't they eventually have to pick one?  2:30p or 6:30p.  I mean, we've all planned around 6-day windows but at some point today, don't have to declare one or the other?  Not a huge deal for the team, they'll get to Fort Worth on Friday afternoon anyway...but selfishly, I want to take the girls to some stuff at the Texas Book Festival on Saturday.  2:30p is right in the middle of it, and that's fine, just gotta tell them it's Mickey Mouse's fault that we can't go see their favorite illustrator draw their favorite stories in real time.  So I guess I'm pulling for 6:30p and can watch it at home in quiet.  

But for our fans making the drive.  Kind of a big deal between deciding to leave at 8:00a versus after lunch.  

9 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

The guys at FBschedules.com update their stuff fairly quickly.

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-tv-schedule/

It’s between our game and Miami/FSU for the 230/prime spot on ABC. 230 seems most likely based on the competition.

The game times for Texas/TCU and Miami/FSU are also dependent on the SEC as they are waiting to get an answer for their 6-day decisions.  

13 minutes ago, The Tower said:

The game times for Texas/TCU and Miami/FSU are also dependent on the SEC as they are waiting to get an answer for their 6-day decisions.  

I don’t think that is correct.

The SEC’s spot are set, they just don’t know which game goes where:

230 CBS (99% chance it’s UGA/OleMiss)

6 ESPN (likely TN/Mizzou but could be UF/LSU)

730 SECN (likely UF/LSU but could be TN/Mizzou)

11 ESPN is Bama/UK

630 ESPN2 is MSU/aggy

11 SECN is Vandy/SC

3 SECN is Aub/Ark

So if you’re saying ESPN is strategically waiting for CBS to state the obvious then maybe you’re right, but I don’t see how it makes a big difference here.

I’m predicting it’s 230 by the way.

8 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

So if you’re saying ESPN is strategically waiting for CBS to state the obvious then maybe you’re right, but I don’t see how it makes a big difference here.

I’m predicting it’s 230 by the way.

Yes you are correct., CBS has not officially stated which game they are carrying at the 2:30pm slot.  My guess is that this game is at 2:30pm on ABC, as well.  

55* is just fine.  Running weather probably favors us as well.  

Bumping for @ISU kickoff time announcement as well.  

I'm allowed to look ahead since Sark stopped returning my calls during games.  Cyclones game is gonna be yuge.  I think the winner of that game ends up in the Big XII title game.  Not sure with our goofy-ass 14-team TV deal this one-off year, what that means for kickoff times.  But did one night game in Ames and it is a raucous and chilly place to be this time of year.  I'd almost prefer a day game for our team but selfishly would like a night game.  We'll know in about 2-3 hours.  Post when you see something up on social media.  My carrier pigeon from the Big XII office is injured today so I won't know shit about fuck.

Okay, well I don't know if Her Majesty told you how timezones work but you said, "staying up til midnight."  When our game with TCU ends, it will be 4:00a, not 12:00a where you live.  It's okay, we'll work on it.

Edited by YGIFS

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Okay, well I don't know if Her Majesty told you how timezones work but you said, "staying up til midnight."  When our game with TCU ends, it will be 4:00a, not 12:00a where you live.  It's okay, we'll work on it.

I was referring the start time of the game. Also, the queen is dead. 

well, if you stay up "til midnight", you won't even see kickoff, let alone the end of the game.  Your words, not mine.  Also, sorry to hear about your loss of the Queen of your majesty or whatever you call her when living on their shores.  Didn't realize she died. I think I read she drove a medic jeep in WWII though which I thought was pretty cool.  Otherwise, the whole lot is a buncha limey cunts.  

Now then, on to whipping TCU and getting the ISU kickoff green light.

Most of the Big 10 just put on a 6-day window.  Hopefully that means ABC/ESPN ain't pulling that shit with our games weekend of 11/18.  Wanted to plan a neighborhood night gamewatch party if possible considering any 6/6:30/7 kickoff will be dark enough for my discount projector (insert South Austin mom joke here)

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Most of the Big 10 just put on a 6-day window.  Hopefully that means ABC/ESPN ain't pulling that shit with our games weekend of 11/18.  Wanted to plan a neighborhood night gamewatch party if possible considering any 6/6:30/7 kickoff will be dark enough for my discount projector (insert South Austin mom joke here)

• Hook 'Em 1