Texas vs iowa state - 7pm on Fox

Pancho

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will confess that of all the teams that ever were in the Big XII, Iowa State is the one I disliked the least. I even root for them regularly.

But man, if we never play another game in Ames, it'll be too soon.

Happy to escape Ames with a win and to have 10 wins on the season.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

unless they beat Georgia in the SEC championship game.  We have enough to worry about going up against Rig 12 officiating two more weeks. 

If Bama beats Georgia they deserve to be in, and 1 loss conference champ Texas would be in over 1 loss Georgia 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Yes. Nothing against our other weapons, but a team leader as great as 13 should get at least an occasional bone. It's been a long time coming. I really want him to go off against Tech and leave the Forty in epic style. 

The lack of targets to Whittington doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially against this flyover defense everyone keeps running against us. Whittington is there a lot more than we target in the intermediate passing game. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Yes. Nothing against our other weapons, but a team leader as great as 13 should get at least an occasional bone. It's been a long time coming. I really want him to go off against Tech and leave the Forty in epic style. 

I feel like before today he'd dropped the ball more often than not when targeted. Most of the rest of the time, he was just plain missed.

18 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

There is zero chance that Bama makes it over us in a playoff scenario imo

This just isn’t true. 

Nothing is at 0% when you have a committee that can make up shit as they go. You can’t claim something is at 0% if there’s no rule or policy that states that. They can put Alabama in for whatever reason they want should they beat Georgia, and there’s no one there to stop them. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

If Bama beats Georgia they deserve to be in, and 1 loss conference champ Texas would be in over 1 loss Georgia 

This can be true if there’s no undefeated FSU or Washington. If one or both of them are undefeated, well…

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

This just isn’t true. 

Nothing is at 0% when you have a committee that can make up shit as they go. You can’t claim something is at 0% if there’s no rule or policy that states that. They can put Alabama in for whatever reason they want should they beat Georgia, and there’s no one there to stop them. 

That’s all fine, but they aren’t putting both in over us so it doesn’t matter. SEC isn’t the problem as of today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I feel like before today he'd dropped the ball more often than not when targeted. Most of the rest of the time, he was just plain missed.

Whittington is open a lot. 

I think it's just Ewers not finding him. Against this flyover D that everyone keeps running against us they're just daring us to take these easy intermediate passing routes to the likes of Whittington. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

FUCK you announcer guy saying we played like 2 stars!!!! FUCK YOU IN THE GOATASSS!!!!!

so follow me on this...... the announcers were actually saying that as a compliment. 

I know it seems idiotic ( hey its announcer speak, its definately idiotic)  but what they were saying is our 5 stars werent tea-sipping, playing "too cool" and untouchable.

they were saying our 5 stars were playing like hungry 2 stars who put on their workboots and put in hard time.

they were NOT talking down about our guys, literally the opposit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Whittington is open a lot. 

I think it's just Ewers not finding him. Against this flyover D that everyone keeps running against us they're just daring us to take these easy intermediate passing routes to the likes of Whittington. 

It's Ewers not finding him, missing him when he does, and Whitt dropping it when it IS on target. Finally everything got together today.

Our injury count must be out of this world.  Does Tech come in super-motivated for some special reason, other than making sure we don't go to the CFP?  Cuz I don't think we're going to the CFP anyway.  Rig 12 still has it out for us.  That slimy dude Yormark doesn't want to stand up there and have to present Texas with a trophy. 

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so follow me on this...... the announcers were actually saying that as a compliment. 

I know it seems idiotic ( hey its announcer speak, its definately idiotic)  but what they were saying is our 5 stars werent tea-sipping, playing "too cool" and untouchable.

they were saying our 5 stars were playing like hungry 2 stars who put on their workboots and put in hard time.

they were NOT talking down about our guys, literally the opposit. 

Well shit, that blows my drunk mind.  If that is the case, that was the most complementary thing they said all night. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic