T'Vondre Sweat Appreciation Thread

BurntOrange&White

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
18 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

First mistake was being on I-35 regardless of time of day.

Getting rear-ended at highway speeds he's lucky to be alive and supposedly without any serious injuries

Getting rear-ended at highway speeds he's lucky to be alive and supposedly without any serious injuries
No such thing as "highway speeds" on I-35 from roughly north of Round Rock until you're almost in San Marcos. I'm betting it was just fast enough to cause T'vondre to lose control..something around 45mph or less.

Of course it's been about 3 years since I've been down that way (driving) so maybe things are improved enough to at least reach the speed limit occasionally?

1 minute ago, ousux said:

No such thing as "highway speeds" on I-35 from roughly north of Round Rock until you're almost in San Marcos. I'm betting it was just fast enough to cause T'vondre to lose control..something around 45mph or less.

Of course it's been about 3 years since I've been down that way (driving) so maybe things are improved enough to at least reach the speed limit occasionally?

I don't think there was any traffic at that hour

322 pounds. Lol. Also, .10 BAC 2 hours later.
Do they actually weigh arrested suspects? I've only been in the slammer once for a few hours...bar fight where my only participation was trying to save a buddy from getting annihilated by a much larger drunk dude, but I don't remember a weigh in.

Oh, and that was more than 12 years ago..I no longer hang out with dumb people.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ousux said:

Do they actually weigh arrested suspects? I've only been in the slammer once for a few hours...bar fight where my only participation was trying to save a buddy from getting annihilated by a much larger drunk dude, but I don't remember a weigh in.

Oh, and that was more than 12 years ago..I no longer hang out with dumb people.

giphy.gif

On 4/8/2024 at 11:46 AM, immamac said:

I would suppose around 40-50%. There’s a lot of poor drunks out there. 

I once had to go to traffic court because I forgot to pay the ticket before the appearance date 

The DUIs were sad. It was all poor people on their 3rd or 4th DUI driving without licenses and blowing like 0.15 or higher 

Obviously driving drunk is dangerous and unacceptable. But I had some sympathy for these folks because they clearly had serious alcohol problems and few resources to attempt to solve them and get sober 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, ousux said:
52 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

First mistake was being on I-35 regardless of time of day.

Second mistake was talking to cops and admitting he had drinks before driving 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

Yeah this seems like a stupid mistake but not necessarily him being plastered out there driving paired with the cops being pretty big dicks about the situation in a hit and flee because he was black. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Yeah, I made that mistake 5 years ago or so. I don't know what the right answer is, but maybe some people will chime in. I went to Fredericksburg with my wife and son right after getting my car inspected. I have allergies from wine so I didn't do any wine tasting. I had one cider with diner. Maybe a half hour after a long early diner (so an hour and a half after the cider), we left town at dusk and I didn't notice my light weren't on. The inspector had turned the light switch from automatic. Anyway, I was stopped maybe 10mi from town for driving with my lights off. It was a new, really short policeman who was shaking speaking with me and asked if I had any drinks. I told him I had one cider with diner. He then proceeded to do a sobriety test. It was dark by that time, so as he was pointing the light in my eyes, bugs were flying up my nose, etc. He had me stand with my feet together at the side of the road, which was at probably a 25% angle - try doing that without taking a step forward. I didn't step forward but I bet 95% of the population would. Shit I could have beat the guy senseless in basketball, but obviously that wasn't part of his fucking test. Anyway, he let me go after a long lecture. Knowing that I was sober, should I have just asked him for a breathalyzer? Should I have let him take me to jail, for one fucking cider? Or should I have done what I did and hopefully pass the fucking subjective test that he was obviously trying to get me to fail?

Edited by Bevo

Tangentially related.

csb?
On Sunday, Uber from airport to NW Austin was $75.  WTF?  Tried Lyft: $43.  OK great.  Driver opens trunk to load up my bags and I see he's packing a 9mm - clearly visible.  I proceed to ask about it.  Open carry proponent?  Past incidents?  Nope.  Just finished police academy and is waiting for a position in (formerly rural now a suburb of Austin) ISD for next year.  OK.  Proceeds to tell me about moving from Brooklyn, his family, damn near everything about his life.  I am sure I contributed because I asked a few questions.  "Oh, you drove for a delivery company that delivered to Brooklyn, Staten, and Jersey.  Did you ever drive through Manhattan?"  "I fucking hate Manhattan.  My last GF wanted me to take her on a date there and I refused."  etc.  He moved here to get better work in a better weather environment (as most are, I guess).  I still wonder if $75 might have been a better deal, but I contributed to my own discomfort.
/csb?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

322 pounds. Lol. Also, .10 BAC 2 hours later.

PBTs are not admissible in trial as they are not scientifically reliable.  Obviously, the video is the most important piece of evidence, but from what is in that affidavit it looks like a good chance of a not guilty to me.  Only two clues in the one leg stand and walk and turn is pretty good for a big guy.   2 clues on each puts him right at the decision point on both of those tests.

Edited by kegman

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Tangentially related.

csb?
On Sunday, Uber from airport to NW Austin was $75.  WTF?  Tried Lyft: $43.  OK great.  Driver opens trunk to load up my bags and I see he's packing a 9mm - clearly visible.  I proceed to ask about it.  Open carry proponent?  Past incidents?  Nope.  Just finished police academy and is waiting for a position in (formerly rural now a suburb of Austin) ISD for next year.  OK.  Proceeds to tell me about moving from Brooklyn, his family, damn near everything about his life.  I am sure I contributed because I asked a few questions.  "Oh, you drove for a delivery company that delivered to Brooklyn, Staten, and Jersey.  Did you ever drive through Manhattan?"  "I fucking hate Manhattan.  My last GF wanted me to take her on a date there and I refused."  etc.  He moved here to get better work in a better weather environment (as most are, I guess).  I still wonder if $75 might have been a better deal, but I contributed to my own discomfort.
/csb?

In NOLA for the sugar bowl this past year I ordered an Uber and he had a pistol just sitting in the front passenger seat. Don’t know what make/model/whatever. Panicked for like a split second then just nudged it over to get in and he was like oh whoops and put it away. Normal ride otherwise and can’t say I blame the guy driving around NOLA on new years 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, I made that mistake 5 years ago or so. I don't know what the right answer is, but maybe some people will chime in. I went to Fredericksburg with my wife and son right after getting my car inspected. I have allergies from wine so I didn't do any wine tasting. I had one cider with diner. Maybe a half hour after a long early diner (so an hour and a half after the cider), we left town at dusk and I didn't notice my light weren't on. The inspector had turned the light switch from automatic. Anyway, I was stopped maybe 10mi from town for driving with my lights off. It was a new, really short policeman who was shaking speaking with me and asked if I had any drinks. I told him I had one cider with diner. He then proceeded to do a sobriety test. It was dark by that time, so as he was pointing the light in my eyes, bugs were flying up my nose, etc. He had me stand with my feet together at the side of the road, which was at probably a 25% angle - try doing that without taking a step forward. I didn't step forward but I bet 95% of the population would. Shit I could have beat the guy senseless in basketball, but obviously that wasn't part of his fucking test. Anyway, he let me go after a long lecture. Knowing that I was sober, should I have just asked him for a breathalyzer? Should I have let him take me to jail, for one fucking cider? Or should I have done what I did and hopefully pass the fucking subjective test that he was obviously trying to get me to fail?

Never, under any circumstance, admit to having a drink and then driving. And NEVER do a field sobriety test. That’s just monumentally stupid. It’s a junk science test & 100% subjective. I wouldn’t do a breathalyzer either if I’d had even one drink. Get arrested and get your license suspended 6 months for refusing. You can get a provisional license to drive around in the interim. That’s so much fucking better than giving the police any solid evidence to convict you for a DWI. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, immamac said:

Yeah this seems like a stupid mistake but not necessarily him being plastered out there driving paired with the cops being pretty big dicks about the situation in a hit and flee because he was black. 

What does his race have to do with anything here?

Edited by Tracer Bullet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

The usual advice is to say something like “I’m not going to discuss my day.” You can also just say “no.” You’re not under oath.

2 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

Tangentially related.

csb?
/csb?

Not related in the fucking slightest. Sorry you were scared of your Uber driver

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, MontereyMX said:

still confused on the timeline of this thing?!?!?!

T'Vondre was buzzed driving and got rear ended.....seems like he may have no been tested on the scene but later tested after booking where the .1 BAC was recorded. At the time of crash he may have been under the legal limit. Just really really bad luck to be hit by someone more drunk than you and that person flee. Maybe good samaritan and the later testing with a good lawyer will get this cleaned up?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Also how bad was the accident, if everything was drive able and the cops weren’t in top of you then who called the cops. 

image.thumb.png.ad59d156138dc56377e3a21ddb91779d.png

I'm confused if T'Vondres bronco was on it's side or the vehicle that hit him was on it's side. 

This is also good for Sweat:

image.png.cfd3e2248833a0f57374c0a55888e0e8.png

But IDK if being honest or lying is good.

image.png.bf423e493d9124c67723a6d0134230c3.png

But this tracks with his BAC especially for his size. 

Also this confirms my theory he wasn't tested on scene....cop probably did him a favor not testing on scene? I'm not sure how those scenarios work?

image.png.9c7786c67ba0be0a6e498c0b89b6a73a.png

@TwiceHorn aren't you a legal regal?

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

T'Vondre was buzzed driving and got rear ended.....seems like he may have no been tested on the scene but later tested after booking where the .1 BAC was recorded. At the time of crash he may have been under the legal limit. Just really really bad luck to be hit by someone more drunk than you and that person flee. Maybe good samaritan and the later testing with a good lawyer will get this cleaned up?

Let me make sure I understand your theory here, Matlock. He was tested after booking (approximately 1.5 hours after the accident) and over the legal limit, but you think he might have been under the legal limit at the time of the accident? Are you unfamiliar with the way alcohol absortion and detoxification work or do you think the cops took out for a drink or two on the way to the station? 

3 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

Let me make sure I understand your theory here, Matlock. He was tested after booking (approximately 1.5 hours after the accident) and over the legal limit, but you think he might have been under the legal limit at the time of the accident? Are you unfamiliar with the way alcohol absortion and detoxification work or do you think the cops took out for a drink or two on the way to the station? 

It depends on when the admitted to drinks occur I believe....

If he had the admitted drinks within a hour or so of the incident that's not enough time for the test to go lower....it most likely makes the later test higher.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Orale said:

.1 BAC is not very much, even after an hour or two. Hell, that would nearly be legal in Texas 25 or so years ago. 

Probably a decent argument that 1.5 hours after the crash, it rose to .105 and at the time of the crash was below.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

It may not be the likeliest scenario, but blood alcohol concentration can continue to rise for a couple of hours after the last drink was consumed depending on a variety of factors.

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Probably a decent argument that 1.5 hours after the crash, it rose to .105 and at the time of the crash was below.

Isn't the science pretty well conclusive that one's BAC decreases approximately 0.016% per hour after a person stops drinking?  Alcohol absorption obviously varies with hard liquor and beer absorbing at different rates due to the difference in alcohol content, amount of food eaten, and how quickly the alcoholic drinks are consumed. I believe shots of tequila are fully absorbed well under 1.5 hours. At over 300 pounds and maybe he killed a number of burgers, I suppose if someone wants to argue he took shots within 15 minutes of the accident that his BAC could be higher after the actual collision, sure. However, going from .07 to .105 an hour and half after the accident seems like something a DUI defense attorney would sell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

I once had to go to traffic court because I forgot to pay the ticket before the appearance date 

The DUIs were sad. It was all poor people on their 3rd or 4th DUI driving without licenses and blowing like 0.15 or higher 

Obviously driving drunk is dangerous and unacceptable. But I had some sympathy for these folks because they clearly had serious alcohol problems and few resources to attempt to solve them and get sober 

DWI-industrial complex is a disgusting, regressive web of shit that only serves to line the pockets of municipalities and the DWI defense bar. I have never been pinched and do not heavily drink; however, the truth is that any one of us could have been pulled over at some point in our lives, especially while in college. First timers with BAC up to 0.10 should not have to go through the criminal justice system. They should pay a fine and go on their merry way. Unless you’re a recidivist or hurt someone in an accident, it shouldn’t leave a black mark on your record you have to explain away while applying to grad school or during background checks for jobs. It’s even worse in Canada, they put the hammer on you and can do jail time for run of the mill DWI. Hell, the Canucks bar Americans from visiting for a fucking DWI! Ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

Isn't the science pretty well conclusive that one's BAC decreases approximately 0.016% per hour after a person stops drinking?  Alcohol absorption obviously varies with hard liquor and beer absorbing at different rates due to the difference in alcohol content, amount of food eaten, and how quickly the alcoholic drinks are consumed. I believe shots of tequila are fully absorbed well under 1.5 hours. At over 300 pounds and maybe he killed a number of burgers, I suppose if someone wants to argue he took shots within 15 minutes of the accident that his BAC could be higher after the actual collision, sure. However, going from .07 to .105 an hour and half after the accident seems like something a DUI defense attorney would sell. 

It takes hours for the effects to go away....not just 1-2. As the alcohol goes through his blood and into his lungs it will get stronger for a short time after the drinks until it starts to reduce. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It takes hours for the effects to go away....not just 1-2.

I guess you're attempting to convey that the effects of alcohol don't "go away" after 1-2 hours. That's some keen insight there. I'm pretty confident I never said anything remotely contrary to that position. You might've well just said "water is wet."

As the alcohol goes through his blood and into his lungs it will get stronger for a short time after the drinks until it starts to reduce. 

I guess you're attempting to convey that BAC increases when absorption occurs. More keen insight. I'm pretty confident I never said anything remotely contrary to the basic concept of alcohol absorption. Actually attempting to explain how three tequila shots will take your BAC from .07 to .105 an hour and half after the last shot would have been a useful post. 

If you're going to quote posts, it doesn't hurt to actually address the information contained in the post. Or, don't. Either way, carry on and have a good day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1