T'Vondre Sweat Appreciation Thread

BurntOrange&White

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Victory laps about being right when it comes to kids making horrible decisions when it comes to alcohol are verboten. 

Wreath fund collects the winnings and you...

Mad See Ya GIF by 1st Look

but aren't we all children?

• Hook 'Em 1

In all seriousness, what a fucking stupid decision these guys made. So glad nobody was killed by this idiocy and hope the 'culture' Sark talks about ad nauseam can prevent this from happening more. Austin is too high visibility of a city for these guys to think they can get away with the bs like they could in the backwater parts of the sec.

• Hook 'Em 1

If I read that right, his dad is a cop. Can anyone prove he was driving his vehicle? That was how a buddy in hs got out of essentially the same deal. Rolled his truck while drunk. Fled the scene. They found his truck and he plead ignorance. Nothing came of it.

8 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

If I read that right, his dad is a cop. Can anyone prove he was driving his vehicle? That was how a buddy in hs got out of essentially the same deal. Rolled his truck while drunk. Fled the scene. They found his truck and he plead ignorance. Nothing came of it.

It was his dad's vehicle who called in after accident to report that it was involved.  I suspect cop dad is smart enough not to admit who was driving.  

Police Report also has several people whose names are redacted in car with Sweat all college aged so there might be some more fallout from this if those are current players (though getting in a car with Sweat or Burrell is really stupid, but they weren't driving).  Now that people know details and they are more reported, I suspect Burrell will be charged shortly.

In all seriousness, what a fucking stupid decision these guys made. So glad nobody was killed by this idiocy and hope the 'culture' Sark talks about ad nauseam can prevent this from happening more. Austin is too high visibility of a city for these guys to think they can get away with the bs like they could in the backwater parts of the sec.
You jest, but I can pretty much guarantee Tuscaloosa cops would recognize both players and simply treat the whole thing as a fender bender. Same in Starkville, Fayettnam etc..
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

If it's been reported stolen is the only loophole I'm aware of. I would think that would be kinda hard to believe but if the dad is a copper...

Nope. No way to prove who was driving the car. It isn't a crime to let your friend drive your car. Also isn't a crime to go to sleep and have no idea what happened to your car when you were asleep in your bed. Cops can't prove shit. He won't have any repercussions from the law (assuming the witnesses stfu) unless you are talking about his dad. He will not like what happens to him if he has good parents. 

Edited by HOOKEM4
ousux
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

How the fuck has Burrell ducked an arrest? Not wish casting one on him, just think that fleeing the scene of an accident is an arrest able crime, right?

As a driver, yes, but not necessarily if he alleged to have been a passenger.

27 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Nope. No way to prove who was driving the car. It isn't a crime to let your friend drive your car. Also isn't a crime to go to sleep and have no idea what happened to your car when you were asleep in your bed. Cops can't prove shit. He won't have any repercussions from the law (assuming the witnesses stfu) unless you are talking about his dad. He will not like what happens to him if he has good parents. 

Outside of the "friend" excuse, which would involve him having to give a name, that would still fall under the reported stolen umbrella, no?

6 minutes ago, Nope said:

As a driver, yes, but not necessarily if he alleged to have been a passenger.

But it was his car that rear ended Sweat. So even if Burrell was a passenger in either vehicle, he would've presumably known who was driving his vehicle. 

4 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Outside of the "friend" excuse, which would involve him having to give a name, that would still fall under the reported stolen umbrella, no?

But it was his car that rear ended Sweat. So even if Burrell was a passenger in either vehicle, he would've presumably known who was driving his vehicle. 

He could feasibly have been too drunk to remember which friend he let drive him home, but then you have the underaged drinking factor.

You jest, but I can pretty much guarantee Tuscaloosa cops would recognize both players and simply treat the whole thing as a fender bender. Same in Starkville, Fayettnam etc..

Well sure. Those cities aren’t a top 10 city in America in size.

12 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

There was nobody at the scene. It was his car. Go ask him what happened. 

If he is smart, his response is "lawyer"

The cops aren't going to investigate it above that. There is no way to prove a crime by him. Quit overthinking this. Do you not remember night rider? Kit is wild.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Dumbasses were racing their fancy cars and crashed is my hypothesis

Luckily no one was killed and there don't appear to be any major injuries

Incredibly dumbshit behavior considering Rashee Rice’s recent miscue. 

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

If I'm Sweatt, I argue that the cop appeared intoxicated - eyes were watery, used grossly negligent grammar, slurred speech and poor balance.

Knees weak and arms were sweaty. 

My cousin is hooking up with a paralegal and she said she heard that Sweat asked for a translator, being that English is not his first language  and since one was not provided to him, his case is being tossed out. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

My cousin is hooking up with a paralegal and she said she heard that Sweat asked for a translator, being that English is not his first language  and since one was not provided to him, his case is being tossed out. 

IMG_3329.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Dumbasses were racing their fancy cars and crashed is my hypothesis

Luckily no one was killed and there don't appear to be any major injuries

A Bronco? lol

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Well sure. Those cities aren’t a top 10 city in America in size.

Austin has ran off all the decent cops they are hopeless and totally useless now. Best to always carry and stay alert because when you need them in 1 min they are 20 mins away. 

At least the bums haven’t organized and started mass breaking into people’s cars like in San Fran

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

If I'm Sweatt, I argue that the cop appeared intoxicated - eyes were watery, used grossly negligent grammar, slurred speech and poor balance.

This is why you don’t talk to cops or even open your mouth. 

They play the body cam and the cop says he smells it on your breath but you don’t even open your mouth… Also never do their stupid DWI tests just be polite and don’t do or say anything, just let them do whatever and get your lawyer ASAP. As long as you don’t escalate or do anything stupid it’s $10k from what I’ve heard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Fair. I just don't see how you get in an accident like that and flip a car if you're not racing and going way too fast.

Where exactly did this take place? Also you wouldn't be racing in a bronco....That police report is very bland and vague....

11 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Fair. I just don't see how you get in an accident like that and flip a car if you're not racing and going way too fast.

Probably not driving perfect but got rear ended by his buddy Smaje and could be just the slope of the freeway ramp and the way a bronco sits it made it flip more than speed. 

greenpoint im not defending this just saying what somebody that believes they are gonna get a dwi should do once they see pulled over to minimize the damage. 

My neighbor was killed by a drunk illegal about a month ago and he ran off, got away, and fled back to Mexico. The wife and two kids coming home from a baseball game were in the car behind him and watched it happen. Needless to say I wasn’t a fan before that happened but seeing those kids with their dad all the time has increased my distain for drunk driving. 

• Rage+1 1

I mean Burrell was either so trashed he ran into the bronco or he did it intentionally with other teammates in the car. Neither is even remotely in the realm of acceptable. 

Sweat doesn’t get a pass, but it doesn’t really seem like this is going to implode his draft stock as much as initially thought. Still could have been completely avoided with an UberXL

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

1_4RReIVsamM7Rrf95d9FS1w.webp

3 hours ago, immamac said:

I mean Burrell was either so trashed he ran into the bronco or he did it intentionally with other teammates in the car. Neither is even remotely in the realm of acceptable. 

Sweat doesn’t get a pass, but it doesn’t really seem like this is going to implode his draft stock as much as initially thought. Still could have been completely avoided with an UberXL

and leave that sweet Bronco in north austin?

16 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Why officer, your eyes appear to be glazed. Have you been eating donuts? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Not that I’m hoping they get away with this, but only a complete idiot would answer any of those types of questions from a cop.