Texas vs tceh - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

KSU, ISU, Nebraska, etc meant nothing to us in 1994. 

At least now we're playing among the absolute cream of CFB and strategically speaking it makes no sense to give any of those leftover big 12 teams any recruiting exposure. Us and aggy should absolutely dominate the state in recruiting now and the techs and TCU should fall off a cliff within 5 years without any marquee matchups left. 

Already this season Baylor hasn't played on broadcast TV hardly at all since we beat them. Their games are only on ESPN+ streaming. They're fully irrelevant now. That will happen to the rest of the conference eventually and they'll have to start playing on Wednesdays to get some attention. 

I wonder if the rest of the current Big12 teams realize that once Texas and OU are gone the new team that will end up running things won't even be a member until 2024?

9 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

🙏 Hope everyone heal up.

I find it funny the cart used to transport injured player is a St David’s/HCA cart, though technically Dell SETON is associated with UT and where the injured would go for assessment/treatment.  

Getting that advertisement 💰

Edited by Zuerst
  • Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

1. That’s the best beat down of a non-directional school or total shit team since the Mack era.  And what a perfect time for it.  Thanks, McGuire and Yormark.

2. I really hope it’s Oklahoma State next week because the scoreboard over every team from the old Big 12 that’s remaining in the new Big 12 is how this should end.  

I hope it's Oklahoma because fuck 'em. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Man, I can't get over Taj Brooks. Tech doesn't deserve him. He's a fucking man. 

Sucks he grew up close to Austin and the staff was going to offer him late, but tech offered him first and he stuck with it. But I get it. It's hard to project how good/great a player can be, but if you're at the point of wanting to offer, even if they are committed elsewhere, fucking do it. Imagine that dude in the room With Bijan, Rojo, Baxter, Blue, Red, Keilan, and Wisner? We already have the best RB room in the country, imo. He would have just made it even more out of reach. 

Just an impressive specimen in college. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

So I just found another reason I'll actually miss LHN.  I like the pregame and postgame shows, but tonight was another level.  The pregame showed most (if not all) of the seniors in the senior day ceremony while the broadcast only showed one or two.  Then the postgame kept showing the seniors going over and firing Smokey the Cannon.  The one thing I didn't see was the postgame report with Sark.   The press conference this week should be good.

The post games this year have been pretty good.

Especially tonight on what you noted above. Even Galindo was tolerable. Winning Is Good.🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Zuerst said:

🙏 Hope everyone heal up.

I find it funny the cart used to transport injured player is a St David’s/HCA cart, though technically Dell SETON is associated with UT and where the injured would go for assessment/treatment.  

Getting that advertisement 💰

Yep.

That and being the only level 1 trauma center in the area 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Hey guys, do you hear that noise?  It sounds like we just crushed our enemies.  I can hear them being driven before us.

The lamentation is their women is borderline erotic.

I hear it, but it's hard to distinguish the lamentations of their women from the lamentations of Brett Yormack and Kevin Mar.

Hopefully their sobbing dislocates a rib or two. 

I hope Micah Hudson enjoyed his experience watching his future team get gang raped. And he could have been next to Cook, Neyor, Wingo, Moore, Dubose, and Livingston. But oh well, fuck him. Enjoy being a ditch digger when you go umdrafted. We need more of those so the rest of us can make it to our places of sadness, also known as work. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

That man has a big future. I hope he grows into the next Roschon.

No lol. He's not big and mean enough for that role. Bobby mentioned he reminded him of Jamaal with his thin frame and side to side running right now. Not that he'll obviously be JC. But he does have a bright future, and he was underrated as a 3 star and I believe we got a massive bargain after seeing what he can do. Another RB with great hands. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Well, the Tech family was calling us classless by running up the score. I lol’ed and said, we don’t purposely do that. Take the L.

Good times

They sure were okay with it when the Pirate used to do it to other teams.  I still remember his rationale, which they were all totally fine with:

"If the other team doesn't like it, then put a stop to it."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Slorch is a good poster.  Sorry his team got their asses kicked tonight. 

Slotxh has been around for a while. At this point he's that weird relative who hangs around at a family gathering and only wants to talk about topics that no one is really interested in, but is humored and welcomed as family regardless.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Slotxh has been around for a while. At this point he's that weird relative who hangs around at a family gathering and only wants to talk about topics that no one is really interested in, but is humored and welcomed as family regardless.

That's pretty much the description I would give of any Tech fan. 

The drunk and dumb uncle that you don't really respect but have to put up with because they're family. 

ESPN summarized it right. Destruction. 

On Friday night, Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium turned into one big farewell party as the Longhorns (11-1, 8-1 in conference) clinched an appearance in next Saturday's Big 12 championship game with a 57-7 destruction of Texas Tech, a team that beat Texas a year ago in Lubbock. In doing so, the Longhorns marked their first 50-point win in a Big 12 game since 2007, and claimed their second-largest win over the Red Raiders in 73 meetings.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

1. That’s the best beat down of a non-directional school or total shit team since the Mack era.  And what a perfect time for it.  Thanks, McGuire and Yormark.

2. I really hope it’s Oklahoma State next week because the scoreboard over every team from the old Big 12 that’s remaining in the new Big 12 is how this should end.  

Agree completely 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac unpinned this topic