Texas vs tceh - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

Just a couple of thoughts this morning, first what a fantastic beatdown.  Normally, I'm not much for a fuckton of points, but in this case, they deserved it. Second, maybe we should all send Yormark an email thanking him for the comments he made.  Looks like someone was paying attention and its use a bulletin board fuel was awesome.  Third, I do feel some apprehension for the young man who went to the hospital.  That didn't look good.  Lastly, the only thing better than our win last night will be the beat down aggy gets today.  BWHAHA!

Let's get to Arlington and take care of business.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• immamac unpinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Heard a lot of talk by announcers before and during the game about how Oregon wins the eye test over Texas.  Well, that argument lost a lot, if not all, merit as of today.

If Oregon avenges their only loss and gets a top five win it’s going to be tough. If they lose it won’t matter.

4 minutes ago, troph said:

If Oregon avenges their only loss and gets a top five win it’s going to be tough. If they lose it won’t matter.

Just one guy's opinion, but as far as eye test goes, if Texas plays Oregon 10 times at a neutral site, Texas beats them in 8.

Great game by the Horns last night.  No other way to say it.  Great execution on offense, as Ewers was sometimes seemingly sitting in a shooting gallery plinking away.  Great protection and leveraging RBs not named Jonathon Brooks.  All of that points to hellova game by the o-line.

The scoreboard says the defense played great, but it's one of those games that was really worse than the score.  Tech felt like they were in it for a few moments in the 1Q.  After that, it was just going through the motions. Felt like Tahj Brooks played his ass off, but the holes were just not there. Texas defense attacked to the ball and killed any momentum Tech ever tried to get going.

Special teams and coaching were an A- at worst for Texas.  Excellent decision making and execution again on these aspects of the game.  I predicted 45-17, which was double the spread.  I grossly undershot it.  Well done Horns.  For all the shit I talk, and I deliberately did not post anything game related yesterday,  Texas should be in the CFP.  Nobody wants to play them right now.  Nobody.

6 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No lol. He's not big and mean enough for that role. Bobby mentioned he reminded him of Jamaal with his thin frame and side to side running right now. Not that he'll obviously be JC. But he does have a bright future, and he was underrated as a 3 star and I believe we got a massive bargain after seeing what he can do. Another RB with great hands. 

I was referring to the potential for him to be a team leader.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, I'm not sure he did one. LHN didn't show it. Maybe he thought the game spoke for itself?

I expect he did one; rather, all the players meeting with their families on the field and photo taking meant that the post game locker room speech and press conference were pushed back.  The tight LHN budget only pays for an hour of post game broadcast.  

10 hours ago, oh_snap said:

Wrong OU shitheel, but totally understandable mistake. 

Ahhh.  He did get arrested, stripped of being team captain, and booted from team (then conveniently let back on).   It was the sexual assault charge that also was curiously not pursued either.   

Unless you find a still from the game after the first play, he was in street clothes on the sidelines. He was wearing a black hoodie. It was the Brooks, Holmes, and Muhammad show last night. X'Avion Brice came in late.

Pff shows him as having 1 defensive snap.

I never saw him back in there but easily could have missed it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, I'm not sure he did one. LHN didn't show it. Maybe he thought the game spoke for itself?

He did one.  I was up for a few minutes on youtube and then it was pulled. I was watching it and then suddenly it wasn't available.  I got maybe 2 minutes in so I didn't catch anything noteworthy. Think the first question was about watts and Baxter. 

Great overall win:

ST -KO return & Blocked punt

D- shut down Tech offense, multiple INt including an amazing/unlikely/great pick six, Tech QB had PTSD throughout game 

O- Strong performance with great effort in running game by Blue, Red & Wisner. When your fifth string RB drags his nuts on your face for final TD on a 95 yd drive that’s a good day. 

Just absolutely shoved Tech’s face in dirt and made them quit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

That was a great performance by Texas and an extremely bitchass performance by Joey & the herpes experience. Tech fucking quit early in that game like the sacks of shit they are. QB looked like UGA in the sugar bowl, just didn’t want to be there. Adios you dick riding slut factory. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

That was a great performance by Texas and an extremely bitchass performance by Joey & the herpes experience. Tech fucking quit early in that game like the sacks of shit they are. QB looked like UGA in the sugar bowl, just didn’t want to be there. Adios you dick riding slut factory. 

Excellent band names in this post.

9 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Tahj Brooks reminds me a lot of D'onta Foreman. Too bad his team is complete dogshit. 

He threw Ford to the ground like he was a middle schooler on one play. Of course, Murphy or Sweat flattened him immediately, but still. He’s a stud. A better team should be tampering to get him to portal to play for them.

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

He threw Ford to the ground like he was a middle schooler on one play. Of course, Murphy or Sweat flattened him immediately, but still. He’s a stud. A better team should be tampering to get him to portal to play for them.

Tahj Brooks is portaling to the NFL dude. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Nah, I was actively looking for it during the game. I still have no idea what happened to him.

It was the oddest injury I’ve ever seen. Not a big hit. He tried to drag/pull himself up but it just wouldn’t work. He was down for a long time then walked straight to the locker room without any help. But his walk didn’t give the impression that he’d return.