TrashMaster G

Kansas State's wins this year:

SEMO (FCS)

Troy (10-2)

UCF (6-6)

Texas Tech (6-6)

TCU (5-7)

Baylor (3-9)

Kansas (8-4) but against 3rd string walk-on QB. They lose this game by 10+ if Bean plays. 

I guess Troy was a decent win but K-State looks like one of the biggest frauds in the country now that I look at what they accomplished. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I’m not sure how good Kansas State is after this last weekend. 4 loss team that lost to our 2nd string QB and avoided OU.

I’m starting to think K-State was just mediocre as hell. The only bizarre result was OU compared to the rest of the season. Not sure that was even bizarre since it’s a rivalry game. Weird shit happens. 

I’m not sure I’d put a ton of stock in one game played in a snowstorm where KSU basically had nothing to play for.

They were blowing everyone out for about a month. I think they’re a good team.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I’m not sure I’d put a ton of stock in one game played in a snowstorm where KSU basically had nothing to play for.

They were blowing everyone out for about a month. I think they’re a good team.

It isn't. It's based on a full body of work. 

I thought they were pretty good a couple weeks ago based on the advanced metrics but they look like a complete fraud when you look deeper. See my above post. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

K-State also had some of the most insane luck I've seen in the Big 12. 5/9 opponents were against back up QBs. Their fans should be pissed they didn't make the Big 12 championship game. 

UCF (played 2nd string QB)

Texas (played 2nd string QB)

Texas Tech (Played 2nd and 3rd string QB)

Kansas (Played 3rd string QB)

TCU (Played 2nd string QB)

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I've said this in other threads but the 2nd best team this year in the Big 12 would have been Kansas if Jaylon Daniels was healthy. 

This is 100% true, have said it before myself. Texas-Kansas would have been a very interesting game. And I think it would have better prepped Texas for Gabriel the next week.

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

This has been, without question, the weirdest season in Gundy’s tenure, even if you throw out the non-conference games, which Gundy inexplicably decided to treat like NFL pre-season games, the variability in performance has been all over the place from week-to-week or even within the same games.

The team’s only real sustained run of mostly excellent play was the stretch of the K-State game through Bedlam. Then there was the absolute no-show at UCF followed by the bizarre Jekyll and Hyde performances in the Houston and BYU games.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all of we get blown out on Saturday, but the only thing I’ll say is this the kind of spots that Gundy typically excels in. 

We’ll see.

IMG_6868.jpeg

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe but what was their best win this year? Against Kansas with a 3rd string walk-on QB? 

Had Bean played that game Kansas State would have been 7-5. They had a ton of lucky breaks this year. Kansas 3rd string QB, Texas 2nd string QB, no OU, etc. 

K-State seems about as mediocre as they come when you start looking at the full body of work. 

If we had our 1st team QB to avoid turnovers, we would have blown their doors off.  

• Hook 'Em 1

SEMO (FCS)

Troy (10-2)

UCF (6-6)

Texas Tech (6-6)

TCU (5-7)

Baylor (3-9)

Kansas (8-4) but against 3rd string walk-on QB. They lose this game by 10+ if Bean plays. 

I guess Troy was a decent win but K-State looks like one of the biggest frauds in the country now that I look at what they accomplished. 

Not that I necessarily disagree with your final assessment, but I'd be curious how many 9-3/8-4/7-5 teams have similar resumes. It could just be these teams beat the teams they're supposed to, lose to the ones that are better than them, and maybe have a game or two go either direction (win a game they shouldn't or lose a game they should win).

• Hook 'Em 2

SEMO (FCS)

Troy (10-2)

UCF (6-6)

Texas Tech (6-6)

TCU (5-7)

Baylor (3-9)

They also almost beat a top 15 Mizzou if not for a 60+ yard field goal at the buzzer. 

Cody kinda butthurt 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oklahoma State "Not Good Enough" to Beat Texas or Play for Texas. Embrace The Hate!

• "David vs Goliath"
  • "Good vs Evil"
  • "Texas doesn't have intestinal fortitude"
  • "Texas has all the money and all the resources... We have all the intangibles -- and all the heart"

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

This is more of a “we overpriced tickets grossly so we need to have a lower tiered option to avoid losing boatloads of cash” type of release. 

I don't think they overpriced....I was looking the morning of our tech game for tickets in the secondary market and they were 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of what they were once we made it. Everyone wants to see us stadium will be full and this should basically be a 70-30 split.

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't think they overpriced....I was looking the morning of our tech game for tickets in the secondary market and they were 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of what they were once we made it. Everyone wants to see us stadium will be full and this should basically be a 70-30 split.

I think this is because they employ dynamic pricing for the box office tickets. I’ve watched the face of a few 200 level sections fluctuate on Seatgeek when filtering for strictly box office tickets over last two days. 

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

K-State also had some of the most insane luck I've seen in the Big 12. 5/9 opponents were against back up QBs. Their fans should be pissed they didn't make the Big 12 championship game. 

UCF (played 2nd string QB)

Texas (played 2nd string QB)

Texas Tech (Played 2nd and 3rd string QB)

Kansas (Played 3rd string QB)

TCU (Played 2nd string QB)

Good grief that hadn't even occurred to me. That's a run that would make 2022 TCU blush.