Texas vs oSu - Big XII Championship - Pre-game Chatter

TrashMaster G

15 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

It’s got to be here.

there have been no tickets for sale in those sections or the opposite corner (reserved for #2 seed) since I’ve been looking starting a few weeks ago

6565160A-879E-4338-A779-11806303B545.jpeg

Well, fuck me.  I just bought tickets in the opposite end zone.  Oh well.

Can someone tell me the easiest way to get to the game.  I'd rather not pay for a parking pass - any shuttle service or the like someone can recommend?

8 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Man my brain just cannot associate UCF with the Big 12. I forget about them every single time. What a fucking joke this conference is about to be 

Yep, ol UCF, highest finishing position amongst the newbs. Who’d have thought.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Further dampening his transfer portal market. Sucks for the kid, hopefully he sticks around.

Can he catch? Block? 

40 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Can someone tell me the easiest way to get to the game.  I'd rather not pay for a parking pass - any shuttle service or the like someone can recommend?

Ride share is the only other option (AFAIK as an Arlington resident)

45 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

http://www.jgilligans.com/shuttle/index.html

now, getting to gilligans is your deal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Perhaps you will happen upon a kind aggy who can point you in the right direction.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

https://www.parkwhiz.com/at-t-stadium-cowboys-stadium-parking/dr-pepper-big-12-championship-1346185/?view=list

• Hook 'Em 3

If anyone is interested in an OSU booster take, one of my relatives is a mid-tier OSU booster with connections in the OSU program. 

He mostly confirmed what we're all seeing and thinking, but with a little more detail.

1) He is pessimistic and not going to Arlington for the game.  

2) OSU has been very mistake prone and he thinks this will bite them in the ass. 

3) Ewers is going to carve them up.

4) Gordon is a beast, but TX run D is filthy. Gordon is dinged up, but nothing serious. Thinks TX defense will slow Gordon down.

5) Bowman is wildly bipolar in his play, which infects the whole team. OSU is good when Bowman is on and awful when he's off. Thinks Bowman's play is going to determine the game. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Pods said:

If anyone is interested in an OSU booster take, one of my relatives is a mid-tier OSU booster with connections in the OSU program. 

He mostly confirmed what we're all seeing and thinking, but with a little more detail.

2) OSU has been very mistake prone and he thinks this will bite them in the ass. 

4) Gordon is a beast, but TX run D is filthy. Gordon is dinged up, but nothing serious. Thinks TX defense will slow Gordon down.

5) Bowman is wildly bipolar in his play, which infects the whole team. OSU is good when Bowman is on and awful when he's off. Thinks Bowman's play is going to determine the game. 

can I have his seat?

I'll show myself out.

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I fucking hate Oklahoma state.

I hate their stupid coach and his completely insincere "I'm a man!" defense of a player. I hate their shitty dangerous astroturf field. I hate their shitty shade of orange. I hate land grant schools in general, fucking stealing land from the people who were here first and setting it up so that dipshits too dumb to get into OU (seriously how dumb do you gotta be that you can't get into OU) can play beer pong with fat meth-addled co-eds.

I fucking hate their robber baron scumbag benefactor, Mr. "Greed is Good" at the Amarillo Rotary Club, getting the Editor of the Amarillo paper fired, suing my youth minister evil dipshit T. Boone Pickens.

I fucking hate this guy and his 0 penalties called while their offensive line held our linemen to the point where our players were likely to be injured:

big-xii-officials.png.fe03621e86bd1abe0914efb4740a54e9.png

I hate Thurman Thomas and the Buffalo Bills. Especially the 1993 Buffalo Bills. I'm still pissed off about the AFC Championship Game. FUCK YOU, asshole.

I hate the state of Oklahoma. You are the shittiest hat a state could wear. I left Texas solely so I could get further away from you fucks.

I hate that they have scoreboard on us right now.

FUCK OKLAHOMA STATE. If we never play them again, it will be too soon.

IMG_3107.gif.4f93d0bbab4491b391a08ed0add33ae4.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

32 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I hate their stupid coach and his completely insincere "I'm a man!" defense of a player. I hate their shitty dangerous astroturf field. I hate their shitty shade of orange. I hate land grant schools in general, fucking stealing land from the people who were here first and setting it up so that dipshits too dumb to get into OU (seriously how dumb do you gotta be that you can't get into OU) can play beer pong with fat meth-addled co-eds.

I fucking hate their robber baron scumbag benefactor, Mr. "Greed is Good" at the Amarillo Rotary Club, getting the Editor of the Amarillo paper fired, suing my youth minister evil dipshit T. Boone Pickens.

I fucking hate this guy and his 0 penalties called while their offensive line held our linemen to the point where our players were likely to be injured:

I hate Thurman Thomas and the Buffalo Bills. Especially the 1993 Buffalo Bills. I'm still pissed off about the AFC Championship Game. FUCK YOU, asshole.

I hate the state of Oklahoma. You are the shittiest hat a state could wear. I left Texas solely so I could get further away from you fucks.

Don’t hold back. Let it out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Sounds like someone got waitlisted to OSU and still just can’t get over it.
  • Haha 6

Gordon had 38 touches against BYU… And 30 touches against Houston… That isn’t a sustainable workload — especially against this TX defense… Bowman will probably have 30-40 pass attempts, so Gundy will need him to magically overcome the turnover bug overnight.

17 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Man my brain just cannot associate UCF with the Big 12. I forget about them every single time. What a fucking joke this conference is about to be 

UCF actually has ex-Auburn corch Gus Malzahn as their head corch.  Malzahn wasn't terrible at Auburn - his worst season there was 7-6.  I could see him potentially doing well enough at UCF to position himself for the next high-profile SEC or ACC opening.  Maybe Florida might kick the tires on him after they inevitably fire Billy Napier at some point.

Honestly don’t know what to think about this game, as a team we’ve been all over the place this season. I don’t think we have a chance, but seems like every time I’m sure we’re going to take a beating we somehow pull out a win. I’m going to the game, but the fact that my kid really wants to go to Great Wolf Lodge and has never been to the stadium plays into the decision. Pokes usually travel well, so there should be quite a few “good orange” fans in the seats, even with the stupid high ticket prices. I think y’all are set up to counter any of our offensive weapons, and our defensive secondary has been suspect all season, but dammit I still have high hopes! (And low expectations)

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Rimbo said:

let-the-hate-flow-through-you-your-hate-

4bc2ebd66ecf4f52d3b6a12cb5ebd390.gif

• Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

UCF actually has ex-Auburn corch Gus Malzahn as their head corch.  Malzahn wasn't terrible at Auburn - his worst season there was 7-6.  I could see him potentially doing well enough at UCF to position himself for the next high-profile SEC or ACC opening.  Maybe Florida might kick the tires on him after they inevitably fire Billy Napier at some point.

He’ll be the next coach at Arkansas
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Pods said:

starship-troopers-paul-verhoeven.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Honestly don’t know what to think about this game, as a team we’ve been all over the place this season. I don’t think we have a chance, but seems like every time I’m sure we’re going to take a beating we somehow pull out a win. I’m going to the game, but the fact that my kid really wants to go to Great Wolf Lodge and has never been to the stadium plays into the decision. Pokes usually travel well, so there should be quite a few “good orange” fans in the seats, even with the stupid high ticket prices. I think y’all are set up to counter any of our offensive weapons, and our defensive secondary has been suspect all season, but dammit I still have high hopes! (And low expectations)

Where were all your fans on Saturday night?  I was shocked at how empty the stadium was.  I know the weather sucked, but with a berth in the CCG on the line?  That was just sad.