Texas vs oSu - Big XII Championship - Pre-game Chatter

TrashMaster G

14 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I fucking hate Oklahoma state.

I hate their stupid coach and his completely insincere "I'm a man!" defense of a player. I hate their shitty dangerous astroturf field. I hate their shitty shade of orange. I hate land grant schools in general, fucking stealing land from the people who were here first and setting it up so that dipshits too dumb to get into OU (seriously how dumb do you gotta be that you can't get into OU) can play beer pong with fat meth-addled co-eds.

I fucking hate their robber baron scumbag benefactor, Mr. "Greed is Good" at the Amarillo Rotary Club, getting the Editor of the Amarillo paper fired, suing my youth minister evil dipshit T. Boone Pickens.

I fucking hate this guy and his 0 penalties called while their offensive line held our linemen to the point where our players were likely to be injured:

big-xii-officials.png.fe03621e86bd1abe0914efb4740a54e9.png

I hate Thurman Thomas and the Buffalo Bills. Especially the 1993 Buffalo Bills. I'm still pissed off about the AFC Championship Game. FUCK YOU, asshole.

I hate the state of Oklahoma. You are the shittiest hat a state could wear. I left Texas solely so I could get further away from you fucks.

I hate that they have scoreboard on us right now.

FUCK OKLAHOMA STATE. If we never play them again, it will be too soon.

God I Admire You - Fletch - Chevy Chase on Make a GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I fucking hate Oklahoma state.

I hate their stupid coach and his completely insincere "I'm a man!" defense of a player. I hate their shitty dangerous astroturf field. I hate their shitty shade of orange. I hate land grant schools in general, fucking stealing land from the people who were here first and setting it up so that dipshits too dumb to get into OU (seriously how dumb do you gotta be that you can't get into OU) can play beer pong with fat meth-addled co-eds.

I fucking hate their robber baron scumbag benefactor, Mr. "Greed is Good" at the Amarillo Rotary Club, getting the Editor of the Amarillo paper fired, suing my youth minister evil dipshit T. Boone Pickens.

I fucking hate this guy and his 0 penalties called while their offensive line held our linemen to the point where our players were likely to be injured:

big-xii-officials.png.fe03621e86bd1abe0914efb4740a54e9.png

I hate Thurman Thomas and the Buffalo Bills. Especially the 1993 Buffalo Bills. I'm still pissed off about the AFC Championship Game. FUCK YOU, asshole.

I hate the state of Oklahoma. You are the shittiest hat a state could wear. I left Texas solely so I could get further away from you fucks.

I hate that they have scoreboard on us right now.

FUCK OKLAHOMA STATE. If we never play them again, it will be too soon.

He didn’t say anything about me.  Right?  You’re good with me too Rimbo.

- Barry Sanders

When a man achieves the realization and actualization that whatever environment is around and makes that shit go to bed, that human has achieved a level of enlightenment that fewer ever get to experience.

This team is the one we've been hoping to have across four coaches and approaching 14 years. This team is historic. There are at least two more games. Excuses are as good as shit tickets- use them to wipe away shit. The only shit-covered asshole will be the off-brand sooners. Leave. No. Doubt.

46 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

OKST is bipolar but their 3 biggest wins (KU, KSU, OU) were all at home. They have yet to be impressive away from home. If they magically channel their play from the OU game they won we will have a battle, but there’s no indication they will put it all together away from T Boone 

...and they looked like shit at home vs. BYU. But you can be sure they and the officials (I am betting we draw Alvarez) will be fired up to shut us down.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

OKST is bipolar but their 3 biggest wins (KU, KSU, OU) were all at home. They have yet to be impressive away from home. If they magically channel their play from the OU game they won we will have a battle, but there’s no indication they will put it all together away from T Boone 

I wasn't even particularly impressed with them against OU to be honest. They threatened to Gundy it away a couple of times. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what thread is best to keep track of this - where is this being discussed

Might as well be this one.    I think part of what is driving prices is "face" is ridiculously high (at least for the recently released "non resale tickets" seats currently on seatgeak).  I saw someone mention that it's higher now than they 2 months ago.  If that's the case, the Big 12 probably "flexes" those prices back down some later this week.   But yeah, Jerry/Big 12 pricing is pro sports ticket pricing and I don't think either Texas or OSU fans are used to paying anything close to pro ticket prices.  I'm pretty sure Tech was the only Texas home game that sold at a premium all season despite our best season in over a decade.  I'll be buying some but it will be towards the end of the week.

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Gundy sure sounds confident. And I guess considering his success against us, it is justified.

Hope we can make him eat shit for those comments.

I just looked it up. Good god, we have lost to Oklahoma State a lot since 2009. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Gundy sure sounds confident. And I guess considering his success against us, it is justified.

Probably corchspeak.  I mean, Sweat is one of the best D-linemen in the country, so unless Gundy's plan to neutralize him is to injure him somehow, I'm not sure how else they plan to succeed where 12 other teams haven't.  But sure, he has every right to talk his shit until we prove him wrong, based on how we have underperformed against his teams in the past.  And I'm hoping we will indeed prove him wrong this time.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Meh, Gundy has really taken on the Buddha stance…for good or ill…for like a decade now.  He’s famous for The Rant, but if you watch him on the sidelines he hardly shows any emotion at all.  It’s just corchspeak 

• Like 1

We had multiple chances to beat them last year and they had (i) a home game (ii) a more dangerous QB, (iii) weird weather conditions, (iv) 119-0 penalty yard advantage and (v) one of the most inexplicable, terrible QB performances from QE that you could imagine. It's going to take a Big XII ref magnum opus plus more for them to pull this off. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Probably corchspeak.  I mean, Sweat is one of the best D-linemen in the country, so unless Gundy's plan to neutralize him is to injure him somehow, I'm not sure how else they plan to succeed where 12 other teams haven't.  But sure, he has every right to talk his shit until we prove him wrong, based on how we have underperformed against his teams in the past.  And I'm hoping we will indeed prove him wrong this time.

I listened to most of the press conference earlier.  It was a very Gundy press conference.  He wasn't talking shit.  Lots of praise for Texas while simultaneously making it clear he's not backing down and confident his team has the ability to execute (i.e., Texas always has size and recruiting "talent" advantage in this game).  Gundy is a hell of a coach.  He's going to have that team ready to play their A game.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I listened to most of the press conference earlier.  It was a very Gundy press conference.  He wasn't talking shit.  Lots of praise for Texas while simultaneously making it clear he's not backing down and confident his team has the ability to execute (i.e., Texas always has size and recruiting "talent" advantage in this game).  Gundy is a hell of a coach.  He's going to have that team ready to play their A game.

Well sure...I mean, what coach worth his salt is going to come out and say, "Sweat and Murphy are going to donkey-stomp our undermanned offensive line?"  No, good coaches are always going to project confidence in their players.

But I agree...Gundy is a hell of a coach, and if a scheme exists to neutralize Sweat and Murphy, Gundy would probably be the one to find it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Has anyone received tickets for the Big 12 championship game through the Longhorn Foundation yet?  I put in a request and got an email last week that said that I would get them if Texas made the game, but I haven't received any tickets yet

The Big 12 is probably giving Texas fans the unsafe section like UH did years ago, and then will revoke the tickets by gameday.

spacer.png

Would be so on-brand.

Just now, ousux said:

I can't believe Gundy is dumb enough to give this team bulletin board material. Guess he wasn't paying attention at all to what the clones and Raider Rashers did.

He has the refs and the conference in his pocket. That's a good head start. Sarkisian should start talking about the necessity of opponents to hold our DL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

When a man achieves the realization and actualization that whatever environment is around and makes that shit go to bed, that human has achieved a level of enlightenment that fewer ever get to experience.

This team is the one we've been hoping to have across four coaches and approaching 14 years. This team is historic. There are at least two more games. Excuses are as good as shit tickets- use them to wipe away shit. The only shit-covered asshole will be the off-brand sooners. Leave. No. Doubt.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our spirits in the same tradition as our ancestors. Dr. Klahn is a magnificent leader. He has our gratitude. Let's all give Dr. Klahn a great big hand!

• Haha 2

Sark is 0-2 against Oklahoma State and Mike Gundy. First time, it was Jaylen Warren going off in the second half while our offense couldn't maintain drives. Second time, Spencer Sanders went superman in the second half as the offense struggled to maintain drives and Quinn turned the ball over a bunch. Both games featured Worthy getting a ton of targets.

This year, we are maintaining drives and stopping the run well. Bowman is likely less accurate, weaker armed, less mobile, and less experienced than Sanders behind a struggling OL. Bad ankle Ollie Gordon has to be the best player on the field by a mile for this to be close.

Another thing to consider is they are in the first year of a last minute pickup at defensive coordinator. To say he's struggling is putting it nicely. He's trying to put his own spin on Jon Heacock's system and things aren't going well so far for Bryan Nardo. 

It will be an interesting game. 

• Hook 'Em 2