Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

Posted (edited)

Hamilton speeding in the pit lane behind Safety Car. They said it would be a fine, and not a race punishment.

Hamilton got around Yuki for 8th, shoot.

EDIT: Hamilton gets penalized for speeding. They had to. You can’t have cars running into others and knocking them out of the race in Turn 1 of the first lap and then apply the rules to others.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MAROON said:

Mags driving like a drunken sailor out there - post race fist fight coming?

Hamilton is way to much of a pussy to initiate something like that. 

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Hamilton got around Yuki for 8th, shoot

Nope. He gets a 20 second penalty for speeding in pit lane. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That's completely obscene. I get that things cost some more at certain events but, that's just unreal. I assume my buddy and his wife are going on complimentary passes since he again did the fake water around the fake marina again. I'm going to send him that picture now and tell him to avoid that snack bar.

He laughed. Said he would certainly avoid spending money at one the snack bars like that. He’s a great dude, better friend. After high school went down to Miami to play baseball, tore his rotator sophomore year and then stayed there and started a business. Self-made success.

I did tell him how a lot of people on message boards do not like the fake water around the marina. He laughed and just said, “$$”.

There’s no denying that it was sloppy racing. But at this point, he’s already getting a penalty taking him out of the points. It’s not like Hamilton has never benefited from things like this in the past.

Posted (edited)

really nice drive danny to back everyone up through the underpass and charge the battery up

no idea how hamilton sped in the pit lane behind the safety car, but lol at him bitching about kmag driving after going yolo into turn 1

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

He laughed. Said he would certainly avoid spending money at one the snack bars like that. He’s a great dude, better friend. After high school went down to Miami to play baseball, tore his rotator sophomore year and then stayed there and started a business. Self-made success.

I did tell him how a lot of people on message boards do not like the fake water around the marina. He laughed and just said, “$$”.

Supposedly it’s cheaper this year.  I don’t see it.  I’m only going tomorrow.  But it’s 40k for a cabana not counting the booze lol.  Imo the talent beats f1 vegas but both are peak shitshow.  

20 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Supposedly it’s cheaper this year.  I don’t see it.  I’m only going tomorrow.  But it’s 40k for a cabana not counting the booze lol.  Imo the talent beats f1 vegas but both are peak shitshow.  

He and his wife are not going tomorrow. He’s not really a racing fan. I would have gone to Miami but next week I’m heading to Germany/France and have spent a shit ton of money on my house, and my sister’s, this year.

I don’t think we are going to Monaco since we did the race last year. I’ll stay at the beach and watch it on TV all while swimming and drinking Bier.

$40,000 for a cabana is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

LMFAO

The best part of that is someone gets paid to be his stylist.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

He wears designers a lot of minority owned designers to promote them. The designs are out there, but that’s the fashion industry.

13 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

He and his wife are not going tomorrow. He’s not really a racing fan. I would have gone to Miami but next week I’m heading to Germany/France and have spent a shit ton of money on my house, and my sister’s, this year.

I don’t think we are going to Monaco since we did the race last year. I’ll stay at the beach and watch it on TV all while swimming and drinking Bier.

$40,000 for a cabana is ridiculous.

I love the racing but the run Max had took the fun out of a lot of the back and forth banter.  

Monaco on the list.  Will do Vegas and Mexico City for sure and may add 1-2 more.  I’ll have a few for you.  Congrats on the upgrades to the pad. Cheers…

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

He wears designers a lot of minority owned designers to promote them. The designs are out there, but that’s the fashion industry.

Heck yeah, it sure as hell isn’t just Lewis Hamilton who is a bit crazy with fashion.

I’m way out of the realm of what anyone would consider fashionable. I’m lucky enough that about the most dressed up I have to get is a pair of tan pants and couple choices of sport coats from Brooks Brothers.

🤣

Heck yeah, it sure as hell isn’t just Lewis Hamilton who is a bit crazy with fashion.
I’m way out of the realm of what anyone would consider fashionable. I’m lucky enough that about the most dressed up I have to get is a pair of tan pants and couple choices of sport coats from Brooks Brothers.

I own crocs.
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Nice to hear Martin jump in to defend Hamilton before looking at the replay.

That was bad.

Three cars take out Norris in the first turn.

No penalties for anyone, notably Stroll The Destroyer and Hamilton

Yeah Alonso bumps Carlos in the China Sprint: 10s and 3 penalty points.  Stroll and Lewis take out Fernando and Lando: no investigation necessary.

Seems legit. The L1T1 excuse is bullshit. That used to be resrerved for when it was just a big mass of cars crowding in and there was no clear culprit. When someone made an obviously bad move, they'd still get a penalty. Now they just won't penalize almost any kind of move on L1T1, regardless of how clearly a driver fucks up.

And I dunno why Aston Martin even sent Alonso back out there to ride around at the back, with Qualifying and the race coming up.

Edited by wood

10 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

At Catalunya I could get two hotdogs and two drinks for about $25.

9 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

At Monaco last year we got a couple of Biers and a sandwich and it was normal.

Yeah and many others from what I've heard are very reasonable as well. I know Montreal is, and have heard Mexico City, Monaco, and Melbourne are as well. Something about those 'M" races. The American GPs seem to to be the big outliers afaik in terms of not only food prices but ticket prices and parking. Go to any other racing series in the US at other tracks, and prices are more than reasonable.

9 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Nice to hear Martin jump in to defend Hamilton before looking at the replay.

That was bad.

Three cars take out Norris in the first turn.

No penalties for anyone, notably Stroll The Destroyer and Hamilton

Yeah Fernando wasn't pleased...

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah Alonso bumps Carlos in the China Sprint: 10s and 3 penalty points.  Stroll and Lewis take out Fernando and Lando: no investigation necessary.

Seems legit. The L1T1 excuse is bullshit. That used to be resrerved for when it was just a big mass of cars crowding in and there was no clear culprit. When someone made an obviously bad move, they'd still get a penalty. Now they just won't penalize almost any kind of move on L1T1, regardless of how clearly a driver fucks up.

And I dunno why Aston Martin even sent Alonso back out there to ride around at the back, with Qualifying and the race coming up.

One of the pearls of wisdom I took from dirt track racing was from the experienced drivers who said, after clusterfuck yellow flag racing, was this:

To Finish First First You Must Finish

7 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

One of the pearls of wisdom I took from dirt track racing was from the experienced drivers who said, after clusterfuck yellow flag racing, was this:

To Finish First First You Must Finish

For sure, but the chances of even getting points from the sprint were tiny compared to the risk of damaging the car with qualifying coming up soon after imho. But it worked out.

I just saw that KMag's wild drive today got him 3 penalty points - the same Alonso got for a bump in China. You can't make this shit up.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

At Monaco last year we got a couple of Biers and a sandwich and it was normal.

I'm sure it exists to some extent in some European countries, but my travels thus far in life have led me to the conclusion that obscene price gouging is a purely American tradition.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mittens said:

I'm the President of Danielstan. but he's making it so hard to defend him.  How do you qualify 4th one day and 18th the next?  C'mon man.

Apparently fudged the tires. But 18th? That’s pretty bad. 

Geezus... did Jake Paul eat logan?  I know Tyson is 90 years old but I don't think getting fat is the right Play. 

That's the only interesting thing from the pregame show so far. 

4 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That overhead view of the start makes Perez’s start look even crazier. Now, he gets tagged with a false start.

No false start for Perez, just extreme recklessness.

Insane to see two Mercedes cars stuck behind a Haas.