Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Grubb is a bad ass and if we didn't have Sarkisian calling plays, he'd be a fun one. But the play you posted isn't wildly dissimilar to the one Texas ran out of the 4th and 1 from the Bush Push formation. I saw both in real time and thought both were outstanding. I also watched from beginning to end the ASU game and multiple games like that from Sarkisian since 2021. It's splitting hairs. They are two of the best five OCs in college football, which is why this game is probably a shootout. Given that, I'd rather have Texas' D than UW's for this game. So, no, the original poster was wrong. And it's not likely to be a separator in this game anyway. 

Is it Grubb or is it DeBoer?

Feels like an Andy Reid/Eric Bieniemy situation

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 3:21 PM, closetojumping said:

But hey, call me a “cunt” and intimate that I’m, gasp!, a bad fan.

Let the record show that while you argued quite forcefully and thoroughly against the latter, you made no attempt to address the former, implicitly conceding the point. 

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Turned on the Finebaum show and the first subject he covered (of course) was the CFP selections.  He said, and I quote - "So, it's Michigan, Washington, and two SEC teams, Alabama & Texas".  

Boy, how times and attitudes have changed on that show.

LMAO 

Fuckers are already riding our coattails.  

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Qruel is probably one of the same guys who showed up here when sark was hired saying he would never win anything.  Just a piece of shit who should be ignored (other than being negged to a different user name)

He's aggy.

Checks every box.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Qruel is probably one of the same guys who showed up here when sark was hired saying he would never win anything.  Just a piece of shit who should be ignored (other than being negged to a different user name)

First time here, actually! My goal is most negs possible. So, I appear to be on the right track. It’s a fucking website, I couldn’t give a fuck less.

• Fuck You 51
  • Prepare your anus 2

10 minutes ago, Mole said:

Let the record show that while you argued quite forcefully and thoroughly against the latter, you made no attempt to address the former, implicitly conceding the point. 

You could have just negged me or upvoted one of the other dipshits from like 3 pages ago and spared us the banal lawyer joke a day later.

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You could have just negged me or upvoted one of the other dipshits from like 3 pages ago and spared us the banal lawyer joke a day later.

Don't let anyone ever say that CTJ doesn't take some playful shit talking over a bad take really well. Just tons of fun that one. 

13 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Oh man, you're nowhere close. Some people rack up several hundred negs before the ban kicks in

200.gif

Being banned isn’t the goal. I’d hope people here have thicker skin than crying when being told the opponent will beat your team.

• Fuck You 26

The difference here is that you walked in after pissing all over your pants, and you're making an ass out of yourself. It's not even a good troll job. If you want to come in here and playfully talk some shit, fine. At least back it up with some substance.

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, Qruel said:

Texas has Washington’s sloppy seconds head coach 🤣

How does it feel to know that the inevitable loss on the biggest stage to Sark is coming? I'm sure once you are done complaining about the location of the game, the price of airline tickets and other poor people thoughts that reality is going to enter your minuscule brain. 

15 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

Did Sark really discover over the middle passes after Brooks went down?  I have seen a few over the middle passes since Brooks.  I think Washington will have trouble preparing for all we can do offensively.  And Ewers hasn't run the ball, except for the one run yesterday, since getting injured, so with him 100% healthy that is another aspect Wash should prepare for.

I don't know whether passes over the middle, etc. are due to Sark alone, or to Ewers perhaps seeing the field better, going through his progressions and distributing the ball better. Or maybe the OL is doing better at maintaining the pocket's front line? Point being is, I often see foiled plays decried as Sark's poor play calling when often it's simply a failure of execution by one or more players. I might have even been guilty a time or too of that myself. Difficult to see everything going on as a play unfolds. Reviewing film is often revealing.

I definitely think the run game has been adjusted somewhat since Brooks went down, and glad for it.

I'm more concerned about how PK and our secondary handles Washington's passing game than our O against their D. I do recall they defensively schemed us well in the bowl game last season. But much has changed for us offensively since then and we don't have star players sitting this one out. Ewers mo better, OL better, and multiple offensive weapons all over to stress them with.

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I rewatched the OSU game yesterday. Blue is our best RB right now. I know there are size limitations and he's not going to get 20 carries, but damn. He needs a bunch. 

Wasn’t Kelian Robinson’s stat line like 4 carries for 75 yds and 2 TDs? I thought Blue was great but let’s not overlook that performance either 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Qruel said:

Being banned isn’t the goal. I’d hope people here have thicker skin than crying when being told the opponent will beat your team.

Bans automatically kick in with enough negative rep, so it is your goal based on your last post. Or maybe you can pivot and try to make a semi-intelligent contribution to the discussion around the game.

• Hook 'Em 2

Having not watched much UW yet, I know we'll need to work on a plan for those deep crossers where the WR just runs 45 degrees off the line and Penix waits to hit them as they cross the opposite hash 20 yards downfield. Murphy and Sweat generating interior pressure should go a long way there, and they can do that from a 3 or 4 man front if we decide to install a dime package. Anybody have their center's PFF grades by chance? 

10 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Having not watched much UW yet, I know we'll need to work on a plan for those deep crossers where the WR just runs 45 degrees off the line and Penix waits to hit them as they cross the opposite hash 20 yards downfield. Murphy and Sweat generating interior pressure should go a long way there, and they can do that from a 3 or 4 man front if we decide to install a dime package. Anybody have their center's PFF grades by chance? 

Seems like our plan is going to have to center on generating pressure. There isn't anything we can do to make our coverage hold up for 3+ seconds consistently. We just don't have the personnel for it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

What, no good?

142F33B2-1BBD-4C61-A261-8EDA9EF38DCF_4_5005_c.jpeg

Some pliers and a little novocaine and you're good to go I think!

It's all fine from behind. It's all good with a hood. No big task with a mask. With no light you just might. With the blinds closed I'd hit these hoes. You get the picture.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It's all fine from behind. It's all good with a hood. No big task with a mask. With no light you just might. With the blinds closed I'd hit these hoes. You get the picture.

Oh sure, be all smug about it.

Let's see how you feel after one gets loose in your corn fields

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how an end-around is evidence of ingenious play design. 

That call was about when it was made, not play design. 

It wasn’t even about when it was called. It was about WHERE it was called. Tie game and you risk handing your opponent the ball in FG range? Ballsy is an understatement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Seems like our plan is going to have to center on generating pressure. There isn't anything we can do to make our coverage hold up for 3+ seconds consistently. We just don't have the personnel for it. 

That's exactly what they want us to think.

So, our run defense was also good last year, but Washington shredded it. My feeling at that the time is that it was largely Washington taking advantage of us not having Overshown. However, were there other things that Washington did that allowed it to have success? 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

So, our run defense was also good last year, but Washington shredded it. My feeling at that the time is that it was largely Washington taking advantage of us not having Overshown. However, were there other things that Washington did that allowed it to have success? 

The minute 45 and 33 entered the game they double teamed 45 into oblivion and 33 took a false step.  Back took it to the house. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

The game will be close, Sark will get tight, and the dawgs will prevail. He wants to beat his former team so badly. Not gonna happen. 

If so it won't be because of our offensive coaching.  We are soft in the back end on D.  Not a good matchup for an NFL passing game. 

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic