Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

I like Washington usually but now I hate them and want them to die.  I hate that they beat us last year, I hate their great stadium and I hate their non pretentious coach.  I hate them so much.  
Their non pretentious coach who told aggy to keep their money and go pound sand, gotta respect that at least.
  • Hook 'Em 8

21 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is it crazy to think losing Brooks helped us offensively?

I think we just became so committed to inside-zone that we weren't willing to be more versatile which makes us more dangerous offensively. See Texas Tech and Oklahoma State the last 2 weekends. 

Yes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Overall, Washington shows a Team Talent Level of 26th in the country, with zero five star players. Obviously Odunze and Penix are playing at the five star level, but so are a bunch of our guys. 

When both teams are equally motivated and prepared, most often talent level wins. Add to that, both our offensive and defensive lines are probably a lot more stout than Washington's.

Just a reminder that our "shitty pass D" has given up 30 points twice this season - and in one of those games we kept handing K State the ball on our side of the field.

Penix is a different animal but let's see if UW can stop us with a month to prepare.

I agree that it could be a shootout - but let's give our defense a bit more credit because they deserve it. I don't expect Jahdae to be as shitty in coverage as he was yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Another thing to consider for the secondary: Derek Williams will miss the first half of the Sugar Bowl since his targeting ejection was on the opening kickoff of the second half.

We can appeal that right? That replay is a joke. Personal foul, maybe. Targeting? Nope.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

35 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is it crazy to think losing Brooks helped us offensively?

I think we just became so committed to inside-zone that we weren't willing to be more versatile which makes us more dangerous offensively. See Texas Tech and Oklahoma State the last 2 weekends. 

He was in line for the doak walker award and had been rushing for over 100 yards per game. So... yes. While Blue has been a revelation, he only rushed for 33 yards vs Ok State.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Gerry Hamilton explained that the punishment can be carried over to the next season due to this game being the playoffs.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry said something interesting about Derek Williams in that he won't miss the CFP and that Texas can take that suspension to the 1st game of next season according to the NCAA rules.

Woah, I didn't know that. That's fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He was in line for the doak walker award and had been rushing for over 100 yards per game. So... yes. While Blue has been a revelation, he only rushed for 33 yards vs Ok State.

Losing Brooks hurt no doubt, but it certainly feels like it forced Sarkisian to have more of a RB by committee. Blue and K. Robinson got more snaps and it probably was something that opponents were not able to scheme for. For example, who knew that Blue could actually run well in between the tackles?

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic