Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

All of these threads are moving at the speed of light, so apologies for asking a question that has undoubtedly been addressed a million times already.

Are we confident that Worthy is going to be at or close to 100%?  All I've seen is that the x rays are negative, but if it's a high ankle sprain that could be dicey- even with a month to rehab.

Have to wonder if Sark doesn't have a Worthy-worthy backup waiting in the wings. The future looks bright. Recruiting, if not already lights-out, will now surpass anything we've ever seen. Stratospheric.

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Ya know, now that I think about it, all of Sark's success is definitely about you. Thanks man. 

It’s not about me, nor did I say that. I know that kind of rhetorical tactic crushes it for you elsewhere though. 

That considered, this isn’t “Sark’s success”. It’s Texas Football’s success and Sarkisian is the head coach of it and he’s benefitted mightily from NIL and he’ll tell you as much. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s not about me, nor did I say that. I know that kind of rhetorical tactic crushes it for you elsewhere though. 

That considered, this isn’t “Sark’s success”. It’s Texas Football’s success and Sarkisian is the head coach of it and he’s benefitted mightily from NIL and he’ll tell you as much. 

Sure man, whatever you say. Good job. 

For once in the last 10 or so years, we do not face a mediocre QB who will rise to become the next Tom Brady because he is playing against us.  Finally we have a QB already rated super-high that we can take down to a normal level.  Of course our DBs have to learn to cover.  

Can someone get Jammer on the phone to help? Michael Griffin? Cedric Griffin? Raymond Clayborn? Johnnie Johnson? and most of all...

Jerry Gray!!!!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Oh, and then I did that thing where I helped invent a fucking NIL machine for Sarkisian, helped intellectually, operationally and monetarily enable a rapid solution to land and retain critical talent at OL and TE, and then, oh yeah, helped unite an NIL solution for the entirety of Texas athletics and put in near 6 figures on the football NIL end of TOF to help seed it.

Jack Off Jerk Off GIF - Jack Off Jerk Off Michael Keaton GIFs

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Have to wonder if Sark doesn't have a Worthy-worthy backup waiting in the wings. The future looks bright. Recruiting, if not already lights-out, will now surpass anything we've ever seen. Stratospheric.

Johntay Cook is more than ready to go. He’s a true freshman ready to step up next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

24 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I realize it’s probably been covered, but this is all moving at the speed of light the last 24 hours. Will we be able to delay the suspension for Derek Williams or is that myth? 

Wondering that as well. Gerry said he thought that was the rule, but I haven't seen anything definitive.

Rome Odunze is just terrifically good. As naturally, most Nigerians are. Deep, short, possession, redzone, YAC, all of it. Think the edge and Hill be key in disrupting the pass game. Asking the secondary to hold for any length of time likely not a successful strategy. 

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Johntay Cook 

53 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I realize it’s probably been covered, but this is all moving at the speed of light the last 24 hours. Will we be able to delay the suspension for Derek Williams or is that myth? 

Can’t believe they called that targeting 

• Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

For once in the last 10 or so years, we do not face a mediocre QB who will rise to become the next Tom Brady because he is playing against us.  Finally we have a QB already rated super-high that we can take down to a normal level.  Of course our DBs have to learn to cover.  

Can someone get Jammer on the phone to help? Michael Griffin? Cedric Griffin? Raymond Clayborn? Johnnie Johnson? and most of all...

Jerry Gray!!!!!!!!

Vance Bedford too?

56 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Wondering that as well. Gerry said he thought that was the rule, but I haven't seen anything definitive.

Texas can appeal the ruling since we are headed to a bowl game. They likely filed it today, since it must be filed within 24 hours.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/4/21/media-center-appeals-process-approved-for-football-players-called-for-targeting-in-the-second-half.aspx

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, naija said:

Rome Odunze is just terrifically good. As naturally, most Nigerians are. Deep, short, possession, redzone, YAC, all of it. Think the edge and Hill be key in disrupting the pass game. Asking the secondary to hold for any length of time likely not a successful strategy. 

So why wouldn’t we get super physical in the first 5 yards giving the DL an extra second and throw off routes? 

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

Texas can appeal the ruling since we are headed to a bowl game. They likely filed it today, since it must be filed within 24 hours.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/4/21/media-center-appeals-process-approved-for-football-players-called-for-targeting-in-the-second-half.aspx

You can always appeal it. The question is if it gets upheld, can you push the first half suspension to the following season due to the playoff? Gerry said he thought that was the case, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is all weak bullshit. I said people giving Sarkisian the benefit of the doubt were welcome to it, but there was no history with him to support it, in 2021 and 2022. I stand by that position. I said when he broke through, if he ever did, I’d be as excited as anyone. I am. I haven’t been cheering against the guy and I don’t crawfish from positions if I’m wrong. 

But hey, call me a “cunt” and intimate that I’m, gasp!, a bad fan.

What have I actually done? Well, let’s see. I picked this team in the preseason poll to win 12 or more. I picked Texas to make the playoffs in two preseason threads. Picked Texas to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. Boy, I sure lacked faith.

Oh, and then I did that thing where I helped invent a fucking NIL machine for Sarkisian, helped intellectually, operationally and monetarily enable a rapid solution to land and retain critical talent at OL and TE, and then, oh yeah, helped unite an NIL solution for the entirety of Texas athletics and put in near 6 figures on the football NIL end of TOF to help seed it.

Boy, that CTJ really fucking hates Sarkisian and Texas football. We’d be better off without fans like him. He was critical of my flawless coach and program a few times, goddammit!

Seriously, fuck you guys that don’t do a fucking thing but lie in wait to get mad on a bulletin board. Get a grip, let everyone be happy, and get fucked if you think you have “receipts” you can cash with me about supporting Sarkisian. 

Narrator: He's going to keep being a cunt about it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is all weak bullshit. I said people giving Sarkisian the benefit of the doubt were welcome to it, but there was no history with him to support it, in 2021 and 2022. I stand by that position. I said when he broke through, if he ever did, I’d be as excited as anyone. I am. I haven’t been cheering against the guy and I don’t crawfish from positions if I’m wrong. 

But hey, call me a “cunt” and intimate that I’m, gasp!, a bad fan.

What have I actually done? Well, let’s see. I picked this team in the preseason poll to win 12 or more. I picked Texas to make the playoffs in two preseason threads. Picked Texas to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. Boy, I sure lacked faith.

Boy, that CTJ really fucking hates Sarkisian and Texas football. We’d be better off without fans like him. He was critical of my flawless coach and program a few times, goddammit!

Seriously, fuck you guys that don’t do a fucking thing but lie in wait to get mad on a bulletin board. Get a grip, let everyone be happy, and get fucked if you think you have “receipts” you can cash with me about supporting Sarkisian. 

image.gif.d1fac565dd02c36f863304a21d8ec23b.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Crapinon said:

Before lurking the Huskies boards last year, I never knew the hatred they have for Sark. It's borderline equivalent to the aggies hatred for UT.  

Not so much hatred as ridicule.  A few of them showed up when we hired him and then again before the Alamo Bowl with mocking takes like "good luck with Sark - you'll find out".   Typical message board meathead stuff with zero sense of the nuances between programs or an individual's growth timeline.  

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic