Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

7 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

This fucking juggernaut beat 1-5 Arizona State 15 to 7 with a fortunate pick six in the 4th quarter at home.  Scares you to death.  

We played like fucking morons in that game. The weather was atrocious, and we were bombing it downfield like it was 75 and sunny. We played like shit in a bunch of games in the middle of the season. We suck at throwing the ball in the rain, and I wanted our OC fired at numerous points because he refused to adjust his strategy. If our offensive game plan is anything like the ASU, Stanford, or WSU games, we’re fucked. They refused to let us throw deep, and we stupidly kept trying to. If we do what we did against Oregon in the championship game and take what the defense gives us, I think we win. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 3
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Josef Pwag said:

My prediction....if we score a TD every time we get in the red zone, we beat Washington by double digits. I will be in the Seattle area this holiday season. I saw that the Texas Exes meet at a Tex Mex place in Seattle but I need to find a rowdy sports bar. Some place with an edge. I like to live in the fast line. I'll be drunk by halftime and I'll start doing silly little backflips. 

Go to Tacoma and watch at The Office 

22 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m not betting on Texas points or no points. W is the toughest matchup for us.

They were the one team of the 4 other CFP contenders I didn't want to face because of Penix. I have no idea how he'll fare in the NFL but he's exactly what you want in a college QB & he's going up against the weakest part of our team. If we can't get consistent pressure with only the DL we may have to score 40 just to have a chance. That said, if UW fans are expecting the same UT team from last year to show up they're going to be sadly disappointed. Worthy dropping everything, Casey fucking Cain being our leading WR, Brooks on 1/2 a leg & Krob rushing for all of 45 yards. I understand they've upgraded as well but this years team beats the Alamo Bowl UT team by 3 TDs.

So long as Sark isn't trying to get our guys read with the BS he tried in the cotton bowl "Hey, we're so lucky to be able to compete on this glorious field with this fine weather." la-tee-da bullshit & it's more along the lines of what we've seen the last 2 weeks where we're just in complete "fuck you" mode I think we'll be fine. If someone on the Washington DL or OL could give us some bulletin board material that'd be nice. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hook me said:

They were the one team of the 4 other CFP contenders I didn't want to face because of Penix. I have no idea how he'll fare in the NFL but he's exactly what you want in a college QB & he's going up against the weakest part of our team. If we can't get consistent pressure with only the DL we may have to score 40 just to have a chance. That said, if UW fans are expecting the same UT team from last year to show up they're going to be sadly disappointed. Worthy dropping everything, Casey fucking Cain being our leading WR, Brooks on 1/2 a leg & Krob rushing for all of 45 yards. I understand they've upgraded as well but this years team beats the Alamo Bowl UT team by 3 TDs.

So long as Sark isn't trying to get our guys read with the BS he tried in the cotton bowl "Hey, we're so lucky to be able to compete on this glorious field with this fine weather." la-tee-da bullshit & it's more along the lines of what we've seen the last 2 weeks where we're just in complete "fuck you" mode I think we'll be fine. If someone on the Washington DL or OL could give us some bulletin board material that'd be nice. 

Hasn’t Sark already made a couple comments that make it sound like he’s just happy to have made the playoff? I thought in his interview on ESPN after the selection, he barely stopped himself from saying Texas is playing with house money, which is part of the HH lexicon after he famously said that after UW got to 6 wins in one of our magical 7 win seasons under him.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 10

It would be one thing if Washington was trouncing everyone 56-17 but they didn’t. They literally didn’t beat anyone by more than 10 the last 9 games. I think it will be a good game and we pull away by 14 to close the game out. I’m beyond confident we have a better defense than Oregon and Washington didn’t score anything that should cause a panic. But that’s just me, I look at the schedule and see the facts on the field.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, EsophagealFeces said:

Hasn’t Sark already made a couple comments that make it sound like he’s just happy to have made the playoff? I thought in his interview on ESPN after the selection, he barely stopped himself from saying Texas is playing with house money, which is part of the HH lexicon after he famously said that after UW got to 6 wins in one of our magical 7 win seasons under him.

We actually see him as genuine, likable, transparent guy who understands how to build a program. more now a saban disciple than a 30 something year old green behind his ears jock. He has his weaknesses, but you aren’t even close to touching on them. You can hate all you want but it comes off pretty clueless. The guy turned Texas around in 3 years. It took our legends more than 5 years before they even won the conference let alone competed for a championship. We have damn good reason to be satisfied. Hell our best sark team probably won’t even take the field for 2-3 more seasons.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

What Sark says to the media & what's going on in meetings can be 2 very different things. Maybe we can glean a little bit more from interviews in the week leading up to the game. If he's still spouting off "just happy to be here" & not "we came here to prove a point" then I'll start getting worried. I'm not worried what he said 10 seconds after finding out that they had been selected though since it was no guarantee that we were in. 

42 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It might be the product of some hh forum groupthink, which everyone here is well-acquainted with, because everyone I know quit thinking about Sark as soon as Petersen was announced.

I mean, the only time I ever think about Mack Brown or Charlie Strong is when I'm on Surly.

Stop lying. We all know you dream about Sally's cookies. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EsophagealFeces said:

It’s cute how y'all hang your hats on beating Alabama like they wouldn’t beat you by two scores right now.

Well nobody outside of the Big 12 knows or cares that it is impressive to beat down a Mike Gundy coached team or blow out an instate team like Tech who usually gets up for you. Beating a scrappy and well coached Iowa State on the road doesn't move the needle. We know those are tough games but nobody else does or cares.

SEC and Bama are all anybody cares about so yeah we are going to bring that up. And yeah we did something nobody had ever done before. 

As for whether we would lose the hypothetical bowl, well we are notoriously bad in imaginary games. A&M has a 12 year streak over us in hypothetical bowls.

But in real games, we won. So we will have to rely on that.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

40 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

We played like fucking morons in that game. The weather was atrocious, and we were bombing it downfield like it was 75 and sunny. We played like shit in a bunch of games in the middle of the season. We suck at throwing the ball in the rain, and I wanted our OC fired at numerous points because he refused to adjust his strategy. If our offensive game plan is anything like the ASU, Stanford, or WSU games, we’re fucked. They refused to let us throw deep, and we stupidly kept trying to. If we do what we did against Oregon in the championship game and take what the defense gives us, I think we win. 

That Washington v. Stanford game was a real work of art.  

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, hook me said:

Sark definitely needs to set the dial to "Fuck You" mode.

• Prepare your anus 2

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

I hadn't looked at the stats from this year, I just remember the bowl game last year looking the same as when he was our DC. 15% is a big jump for one year. Maybe Pete finally figured out playing prevent on 3rd and long is a shit idea.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

21 minutes ago, hook me said:

What Sark says to the media & what's going on in meetings can be 2 very different things. Maybe we can glean a little bit more from interviews in the week leading up to the game. If he's still spouting off "just happy to be here" & not "we came here to prove a point" then I'll start getting worried. I'm not worried what he said 10 seconds after finding out that they had been selected though since it was no guarantee that we were in. 

They'll have plenty of motivation once the media is finished deepthroating Penix and his Heisman trophy. Talking about how dominant Rome Odunze is, and how Washington's offense is just now getting healthy and Texas has no chance because we don't stop the pass.

• Like 1

Just now, Atticus said:

They'll have plenty of motivation once the media is finished deepthroating Penix and his Heisman trophy. Talking about how dominant Rome Odunze is, and how Washington's offense is just now getting healthy and Texas has no chance because we don't stop the pass.

There's no way Penix wins the Heisman unless it's a conspiracy to pump up the playoff. If he does, the award is completely meaningless. He's been clutch as fuck, but he's had too many stinker games this year to deserve the award. I'm not really sure that Daniels deserves it for going 9-3, but his stats are insane. Nix would have been a lock if we hadn't shit on Oregon's dreams in Vegas.

As for media deepthroatings, the next one UW gets this year will be the first since we beat Oregon the first time. All we've heard since the ASU game was how Oregon was really better than us and was going to kick our ass in the P12CG. I've seen very few media pundits picking us the last couple days. I've even seen some say we're the TCU of this year's field.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, EsophagealFeces said:

I hadn't looked at the stats from this year, I just remember the bowl game last year looking the same as when he was our DC. 15% is a big jump for one year. Maybe Pete finally figured out playing prevent on 3rd and long is a shit idea.

You’re not related to the infamous JD Horne are you?

(RIP JD)

33 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well nobody outside of the Big 12 knows or cares that it is impressive to beat down a Mike Gundy coachdd team or blow out an instate team like Tech who usually gets up for you. Beating a scrappy and well coached Iowa State on the road doesn't move the needle. We know those are tough games but nobody else does or cares.

SEC and Bama are all anybody cares about so yeah we are going to bring that up. And yeah we did something nobody had ever done before. 

As for whether we would lose the hypothetical bowl, well we are notoriously bad in imaginary games. A&M has a 12 year streak over us in hypothetical bowls.

But in real games, we won. So we will have to rely on that.

Not to mention this is the same argument that people were using before their conference chapmptionship, that Oregon was superior even though they had already beat them. They’ll say the same thing if we get a rematch with Bama. And while Bama may win, we’ve played them two years in a row and both were close games. They can’t out-talent us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Isn't that George Washington University?  Or is it Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington University?

Actually, I think it's Amarillo College, just off Washington Ave in Amarillo.

I mean, it actually is a very good 2-year college. As such things go.

1 minute ago, Yuk said:

Not to mention this is the same argument that people were using before their conference chapmptionship, that Oregon was superior even though they had already beat them. They’ll say the same thing if we get a rematch with Bama. And while Bama may win, we’ve played them two years in a row and both were close games. They can’t out-talent us. 

Oh, they're already saying that. Hell, shitneck himself said that either on this thread or that third-rate FIDOnet excuse for a BBS he came from.

8 hours ago, Warrrshington said:

Just telling you what to expect. The guy melted down when we ended his SC career. He wore a carpetbagger hat and berated a field attendant last year. It’s going down again. DeBoer is DeGod👌👌Started sweating and squatting Steve😎

Nothing says "college football" like Reconstruction era slurs from fans of...

checks notes

...Washington

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Nah, they just think we're all low IQ idiots. They join here to get reactions so they can go back and report how stupid they believe Texans are. 
https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/111097/surly-horns 
Who gives a shit what anyone from
Udub thinks their only claim to fame is the traveling flag for game day. Otherwise, no one in the football world thinks about them
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 12/4/2023 at 3:44 PM, sith_horn said:

I don't know whether passes over the middle, etc. are due to Sark alone, or to Ewers perhaps seeing the field better, going through his progressions and distributing the ball better. Or maybe the OL is doing better at maintaining the pocket's front line? Point being is, I often see foiled plays decried as Sark's poor play calling when often it's simply a failure of execution by one or more players. I might have even been guilty a time or too of that myself. Difficult to see everything going on as a play unfolds. Reviewing film is often revealing.

I definitely think the run game has been adjusted somewhat since Brooks went down, and glad for it.

I'm more concerned about how PK and our secondary handles Washington's passing game than our O against their D. I do recall they defensively schemed us well in the bowl game last season. But much has changed for us offensively since then and we don't have star players sitting this one out. Ewers mo better, OL better, and multiple offensive weapons all over to stress them with.

An additional possibility is that QE's injury, which has made him wary to run (or instructed not to or both) and not get hit hard, has forced a greater degree of pocket presence than he has exhibited previously.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’ve had it with all these homosexuals blowing their loads on me whenever I “unknowingly” step into the middle of a circle jerk!

Talk about lack of self-awareness. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic