MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

1 hour ago, Balcones said:

3600 and was obviously rejected.  Going to be hard to break into the top. I’m guessing each of those who got tickets are getting 10-12 each?

IIRC, players/coaches get 4 or 6 each. At least they did for the 2004/2005 Rose Bowls. That alone is a lot of tickets. 

That’s why the first round MUST be at host school stadiums.

Man this is going to get pricey when playoffs go to 12 teams and you potentially are shelling out for 4 "away" games 

So at what point do you question whether to buy season tickets?

Ticket allocations have always been a problem. Quit playing in these small, shitty environment stadiums. If you ain’t got 90,000 capacity that a very large percentage go to the participating university, you can’t host a championship. Put it in the Rose Bowl every year as far as I’m concerned.

A 7,000 seat allocation for the Big 12 championship, 13,000 for the Sugar and 20,000 for the championship is shitty. It was shitty in 2005 and 2009.

The schools, conferences and ADs owe it to their loyal contributors to provide cheaper access to the most important games.
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Ticket allocations have always been a problem. Quit playing in these small, shitty environment stadiums. If you ain’t got 90,000 capacity that a very large percentage go to the participating university, you can’t host a championship. Put it in the Rose Bowl every year as far as I’m concerned.

A 7,000 seat allocation for the Big 12 championship, 13,000 for the Sugar and 20,000 for the championship is shitty. It was shitty in 2005 and 2009.

The schools, conferences and ADs owe it to their loyal contributors to provide cheaper access to the most important games.

Username checks out 😉 But I am 100% in agreement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Had Enough said:

It depends on why are you buying season tickets? If you are doing it solely for good away game/bowl game tickets that is a bad strategy, it is always going to be better to buy one off tickets in better locations and for cheaper prices. 

I get the tickets because I like having the same seats every year, and I like supporting the school and university. But “value” is not the main selling point. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The number of tickets you could request was based on your current year donation.  I think the majority could request up to 4. You had to give a buttlload to be able to request 16, but I don’t recall the exact breakout.

It’s 14 at the 100k a year level (last row)

image.thumb.png.8dbf98e2ca660665686a2814159ffe84.png

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, bluto said:

For sugar bowl I’m kinda tempted to buy before official word goes out to ppl getting left out. Gonna be a shit ton of buyers flooding the market. 

I think it could get cheaper once all the tickets are distributed and thousands of tickets are now on the market from people trying to make a profit.

It depends on why are you buying season tickets? If you are doing it solely for good away game/bowl game tickets that is a bad strategy, it is always going to be better to buy one off tickets in better locations and for cheaper prices. 
I get the tickets because I like having the same seats every year, and I like supporting the school and university. But “value” is not the main selling point. 

Personally I’ve had season tickets heading into my 3rd decade. I don’t live in Austin and probably missed 3-5 home games over that span. Attend OU almost every year. Also make quite a few road games. Championships, bowl games. Been to quite a few. So no I’m not in solely for post season allocation, but the OU allocation and post season are important.

I’m pretty damn loyal. I would consider myself relatively highly ranked in the points system. Got terrible Big 12 championship tickets, shut out now.

So the value is now, do I save the money on season tickets to allow for purchasing the higher priced “most important” games?
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Personally I’ve had season tickets heading into my 3rd decade. I don’t live in Austin and probably missed 3-5 home games over that span. Attend OU almost every year. Also make quite a few road games. Championships, bowl games. Been to quite a few. So no I’m not in solely for post season allocation, but the OU allocation and post season are important.

I’m pretty damn loyal. I would consider myself relatively highly ranked in the points system. Got terrible Big 12 championship tickets, shut out now.

So the value is now, do I save the money on season tickets to allow for purchasing the higher priced “most important” games?

I’d consider that pretty loyal as well. 

CFB post season ticket processes really are broken, the tickets the bowls give the schools usually suck, and the demand for the big games far out weighs the supply. I think for post season games a different approach needs to be taken at least for the playoff games where demand is so high. 

I’d consider that pretty loyal as well. 
CFB post season ticket processes really are broken, the tickets the bowls give the schools usually suck, and the demand for the big games far out weighs the supply. I think for post season games a different approach needs to be taken at least for the playoff games where demand is so high. 

Yep. I don’t know the process but I think those responsible for negotiating need to take more control. I mention the Rose Bowl for several reasons, other than just being a great venue for my tastes. It’s seating capacity and not being tied to a professional team.

It’ll never be perfect, but there needs to be a fight for those most loyal to the programs. You start with the season ticket holders and getting access for as many as you can.

Everyone is saying the secondary market for the sugar bowl is crazy.

I just looked but compared to the NC tickets it’s not that bad. I’m gonna keep an eye on these prices till game time and see how much it drops if so. I’m not going, saving my pennies for Houston. But curious to see the price if it drops.

I’ve gone back and forth on buying tickets now or waiting to see if we advance but if the sugar bowl tickets hold Houston is going to be worse. For non nose bloods they are a bit cheaper at the sugar bowl. Right now you can find the 300 sections for 800 only a few, then the price jumps to comparable prices for Houston in those sections 1800+.

I don’t mind (I do) paying 2k each for Houston tickets. For non nose bleeds. Idk if I can spend 3k each. Will it honestly go up to 3k though? (Mostly talking about 300 sections. There are some 100 sections for that price too.)

2 hours ago, hornbri said:

This.  I like my seats and like having them.   But living in Dallas with young kids I can't make half the games and have generally lost my ass selling tix over the last decade when I can't make it.  That may change next year with a better home schedule, but even this year with a top 10 team, I had no takers on here for BYU well below face (35YL seats) and ended up selling on seatgeak night before game netting like $60 each or something.   To be clear, I didn't get Sugar Bowl tix (i donate my extra $$ to Texas One, not to the fucking LHF seating consequences be damned) but there is going to be a lot of bitching when foundation members list these seats in a week or so.  The flip side of that is every person listing seats has also generally lost their ass on resale because we have pretty big fair weather fan base.  So I personally don't begrudge any foundation member trying to make a profit.  If I would have gotten seats, i absolutely would have tried to flip them for some profit and roll that into offsetting price of better seats on the secondary market.

38 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Everyone is saying the secondary market for the sugar bowl is crazy.

I just looked but compared to the NC tickets it’s not that bad. I’m gonna keep an eye on these prices till game time and see how much it drops if so. I’m not going, saving my pennies for Houston. But curious to see the price if it drops.

I’ve gone back and forth on buying tickets now or waiting to see if we advance but if the sugar bowl tickets hold Houston is going to be worse. For non nose bloods they are a bit cheaper at the sugar bowl. Right now you can find the 300 sections for 800 only a few, then the price jumps to comparable prices for Houston in those sections 1800+.

I don’t mind (I do) paying 2k each for Houston tickets. For non nose bleeds. Idk if I can spend 3k each. Will it honestly go up to 3k though? (Mostly talking about 300 sections. There are some 100 sections for that price too.)

Texas being the CFP game in Houston would make the ticket prices impossible to predict. When it's 2 teams from far away, the prices will settle somewhat leading up to the game. 

One thing I would warn anyone, if something seems to good to be true, it is. I prefer buying from the top secondary sites because they stand behind their ticket. Worse case you don't go to the game but you get a full refund.

Finally if someone is afraid of overspending, you will forget about the overspending within a month or two especially if you see a win. For me, I want to see UT in the game but I would rather have the >$2K in my pocket. I will look for a bar in Houston to watch it with many friends as opposed to sitting next to 1 friend at the game.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

I think it could get cheaper once all the tickets are distributed and thousands of tickets are now on the market from people trying to make a profit.

Really tough to say. Based on the allotment and ticket requests there’s a shit ton more demand hitting the market than supply after this weekend. 

I took the risk out and bought peace of mind, $560 Texas upper goal line. Hard end zones look like pretty shitty sight lines with obstructed views

32 minutes ago, bluto said:

Really tough to say. Based on the allotment and ticket requests there’s a shit ton more demand hitting the market than supply after this weekend. 

It’s also really heard to tough to say how much if that is real demand for attending the game vs demand for a quick buck. The latter washes away immediately.

I’d bet 75%+ of that 20k student number is in the latter bucket. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

Reading the actual department release it wasn’t 20k student requests, just that they have 20k students with the big ticket who could/a portion of them did request. 

Big ticket + foundation member 

My son is both, denied

I wonder how many actually went to students?

26 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I thought I saw here where someone in the 1700s got them.  Are you sure that you actually put in a request?

Yeah, definitely, and I got the fuck-you email. Wondering if requesting 4 instead of 2 is what did it?

EDIT - I'm a dyslexic idiot; 1,864, not 1,684...

Edited by Ignatius

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Has anyone still not received an email from the LF?

Got my sorry email this morning with some bullshit lead in sentence of sorry it took us so long to let you know, but you had opted out of communications with texassports.com.  The hell I had - I get some sort of email from them several several times per week.  3700 ranking I knew I was out anyway, but the note seemed to indicate to me they had some issues on their end. 

so I am thinking we will just do another thing like we are doing for NOLA in Houston or Austin (or if I get help we will do one in all 4 major cities) that is a watch party and pre-game for the game. Houston will likely be the biggest one but I think Austin would be a crazy time if we did something right. 

I'm trying to get a hold of the AD to see if we can do something kinda cool. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Quick update....spent a lot of time last night scouring Seat Geek and almost pulled the trigger on high corner seats on the UW side at a decent price (relatively speaking).  Those actually got snagged out from under me.  

So once I confirmed that the hold on my credit card was released, I started shopping again, and what do I see, but a whole slew of tickets on the Texas side that weren't there last night.

Its a free country and we are all (well, most of us no CR) capitalists...but I think that's kind of fucked.  Yeah, I get it that some people use high-demand post season tickets, and even the OU game, to "finance" their donations....but repeating myself....I still think its kind of fucked.

Anyway, I came through on my son's promised Christmas present - Section 609 Row 12 for around $580 all-in.  Ridiculous, but not entirely mindblowingly stupid ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

Big ticket + foundation member 

My son is both, denied

I wonder how many actually went to students?

My kids tell me that students who went to all home games were given priority. They had blown off one of the crappy 11:00 start games so they were out of luck. 

33 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

My kids tell me that students who went to all home games were given priority. They had blown off one of the crappy 11:00 start games so they were out of luck. 

My son said if you confirmed a ticket for a game but didn’t go, there was some kind of penalty so there were a few he didn’t make because he came home for some family stuff. Oh well.

My son said if you confirmed a ticket for a game but didn’t go, there was some kind of penalty so there were a few he didn’t make because he came home for some family stuff. Oh well.

No being an asshole (well, at least not intentionally…)

But there were 6 home games, and assuming a “few” is more than a “couple” that’s missing at least half of the games.

Not exactly a pity situation here.

Season tickets aren’t an investment, they’re a luxury item.

14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sugar Bowl prices have dropped 

What are the prices you guys are seeing?

I put in for an allocation of 6 and got the  confirm email from the LHF yesterday telling me that I’m good to go. I don’t know what they’re going to cost and I can’t do anything with them until 12/18, apparently. 

My wife and I were going to take all of the kids but have since decided it will just be us. I’m wondering if the tickets can be sold for a premium and pay for our trip. If not, we have a few friends that we were going to invite at cost.