Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

On 2/27/2024 at 9:25 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Mississippi house committee moves Medicaid expansion forward in 15 minutes with no uproar

Mississippi House committee passes Medicaid expansion bill for first time

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2024/02/27/mississippi-house-moves-forward-with-medicaid-expansion/72756418007/

The State House of Mississippi has voted in favor of Medicaid expansion 98-20, in under 15 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 2

Is there anyone here, who after hearing the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq closed again at all time highs, would like to be the first to congratulate Ol’ Two Scoops on designing, assembling, and creating the greatest economy men have ever devised?

Rome and the aqueducts, France and blowjobs, Texas and the Astrodome. Time to add Joe Biden’s economy to the list

image.jpeg.03b3b4ed159cc68a94983a82862fb765.jpeg

18 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

France and blowjobs

woah-back-it-up.gif

Maybe not the take away you were looking for, but did the French really invent blowjobs?  

I'm certainly not Googling that...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

woah-back-it-up.gif

Maybe not the take away you were looking for, but did the French really invent blowjobs?  

I'm certainly not Googling that...

I've admittedly done zero research on this, but I'd be willing to bet every dime I have that the First Man, by the time he was 12, was pondering things like, "Bruh, it sure would be cool if I could trick someone--anyone really--into putting this thing in their mouth."

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Capping credit card fees at $8... and *crickets*

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/03/05/credit-card-late-fees-capped-by-bidens-cfpb-crackdown-on-junk-fees/72850553007/

The Dem party is pretty bad at messaging. I honestly wonder if Biden dropping a few F-bombs in a tweet about his accomplishments might not get more media coverage.

"We have the lowest unemployment rate for the longest time in 50 fucking years. Damn." - President Biden.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

9 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Capping credit card fees at $8... and *crickets*

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/03/05/credit-card-late-fees-capped-by-bidens-cfpb-crackdown-on-junk-fees/72850553007/

The Dem party is pretty bad at messaging. I honestly wonder if Biden dropping a few F-bombs in a tweet about his accomplishments might not get more media coverage.

"We have the lowest unemployment rate for the longest time in 50 fucking years. Damn." - President Biden.

Headline: Biden Aides Alarmed by Increasing Signs of Tourette Syndrome

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Capping credit card fees at $8... and *crickets

You honestly believe $24 per month makes a difference to people struggling to pay $2k in rent, put food on the table, …

seems tone def

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

You honestly believe $24 per month makes a difference to people struggling to pay $2k in rent, put food on the table, …

seems tone def

Sounds like you’re advocating for universal basic income. 

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here...

Economic incentives don't always work the way we might mentally model them. What if a max of $8 of ends up providing an incentive to not pay on time and the result is a net negative? On time payment becomes less of a priority. There have been some interesting studies on this.

I'm all for the cumulative positive effects that Biden has amassed. During my lean ass years a quarter century ago $24 was very meaningful. So my gut feeling is to support this.

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

seems tone def

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, $24 per month DOESN'T matter to those near the poverty line?  What?

Just to set the math record straight, it's not $24 per month.

$220 ÷ 12 = $18 and change.

Ok, carry on.

5 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I’m sure you believe that

I can agree with you that this particular savings isn't a huge impact, but it's not something to complain about either. What did Trump and the Republicans ever do for those low/middle class families who you are "worried" about?  Do you think their tax cuts had a positive impact on those making less than 50k a year? 100k? Have you looked at the impact of the tax cuts since 2017?  There is tons of data about how it hasn't done anything for individuals and families, but has benefitted corporations significantly. Compound that with the inflation we encountered over the past few years, and they could probably use a proper tax break in the near future. 

Here are a couple of articles that were done pre-Covid, so the context is relevant to the typical years prior for comparison. This is who Republicans prioritize time and time again. Every time they get power they give huge tax cuts and bailouts to corporations, pay mouth service to "helping the middle class" and years later all we see is ungodly amounts of money going to corporations, who now get to fund the campaigns of those in power who make the rules. 

From CAP, good article on how only companies have benefited: https://www.americanprogress.org/article/tcja-2-years-later-corporations-not-workers-big-winners/

image.png.deb180aa9fbfce3ff01159f910befdb1.png

image.thumb.png.da87c968f2129b00db8eb6a9ed2f43ae.png

Brookings Institute: https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-middle-class-needs-a-tax-cut-trump-didnt-give-it-to-them/

The 2017 tax law doesn’t help the middle class
The new tax law—known as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA)—will exacerbate this trend. The benefits of the law tilt toward the well-off both now and in the future, according to the distributional analysis of the Tax Policy Center. By 2027, benefits of the tax law flow entirely to the rich. (The Joint Committee on Taxation finds similar results using a different measure.)

image.png.756088598681312cb4d96a8e4af46909.png

This one is really something with a 5 year analysis on the impact of those tax cuts. 275 billion going back to companies via subsidies, and yet only 562 billion in collected taxes on 4 trillion in profits from this group of 342 corps. Insane.
https://itep.org/corporate-tax-avoidance-trump-tax-law/

The 342 companies included in this study paid an average effective income tax rate of just 14.1 percent during this five-year period, almost a third less than the statutory rate of 21 percent.
Of these, 55 (16 percent of the total 342 companies) paid effective rates of less than 5 percent. This is particularly striking given that all these companies were profitable for at least five years consecutively. Companies paying less than 5 percent include T-Mobile, DISH Network, Netflix, General Motors, AT&T, Bank of America, Citigroup, FedEx, Molson Coors, Nike, and many others.
Twenty-three corporations paid zero federal tax over the five-year period despite being profitable in every single year. And 109 corporations paid zero federal tax in at least one of the five years.
At the other end of the spectrum, 50 corporations paid effective tax rates of more than 21 percent, but most of these companies were also the beneficiaries of large tax breaks because they were paying taxes from previous years that they delayed using depreciation breaks.

image.png.bdf803a75a38997579db7b8569b8e04d.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 3

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

....congratulations.    He claims to be a great lover.

I mean, y’all are obsessed with his sons giant hog, you know damn well where he got that from. Even in his 80s he’s swingin’ that BDE.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I mean, y’all are obsessed with his sons giant hog, you know damn well where he got that from. Even in his 80s he’s swingin’ that BDE.

Yes, I truly wish I could escape the nonstop right wing posters bringing up Hunter’s penis on the Surl. 

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Yes, I truly wish I could escape the nonstop right wing posters bringing up Hunter’s penis on the Surl. 

I know, right?  Such topics should be kept where they belong.....on posters shown by the dominant voices of the Republican Party in an open session of Congress.....that's just LEADERSHIP, that's what that is.

greene-biden-comp.jpg?quality=75&strip=a

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know, right?  Such topics should be kept where they belong.....on posters shown by the dominant voices of the Republican Party in an open session of Congress.....that's just LEADERSHIP, that's what that is.

greene-biden-comp.jpg?quality=75&strip=a

sounds like a law firm that has a great French benefits package.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

sounds like a law firm that has a great French benefits package.

See, that's just clumsy book keeping.  You don't just take the money out of the firm account to pay a prostitute directly.

No.  What you do is turn in a bunch of other legit expenses, then tack on at the end "miscellaneous tolls and tips: $2,000.00."  Then you get reimbursed for the money you spent on said tolls and tips/prostitute.  Duh.  

On 3/5/2024 at 6:12 PM, Incredulity said:

seems tone def

Incredulous that $24 could make a difference to anyone because he doesn't know anyone with a housing bill under $2k, calls the other side tone deaf.

Couldn't be any dumber if he tried. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Incredulous that $24 could make a difference to anyone because he doesn't know anyone with a housing bill under $2k, calls the other side tone deaf.

Not what I said you condescending self-righteous prick

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Hey remember when the GOP was touting the benefits of the Trump Tax Cuts to the middle class?

image.thumb.png.fac57ff6f53b6670850a294e4102c3c0.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3