Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

Some thought he wouldn't be here, but it's another contract year for Joey. Four years ago they said he was too old, and now Donald Trump is that same age. I'm sure there will be consistency in coverage.

Entering 2024 he's in the catbird seat. Booming economy and undisputed heavyweight Jobs champion of the world. Stock market at all time highs and even helped by giving discounts for two years. Raised wages for millions in the working class. Made Unions Cool Again (Blue Hat money potential in midwest). Bringing inflation back down to normal rates. Fan of democracy. 

We all remember Trump flipped the 'Vette his last year and it could happen again this time to Joe. Actually, alot of people don't remember that. Please use "Trump Vaccines" and "Trump lockdowns" to help stir people's memory.

I've got the same electoral score this go around + North Carolina. Don't croak. Thank you for your service.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

18 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I've got the same electoral score this go around + North Carolina. Don't croak. Thank you for your service.

From your lips to the Electoral God's Baby Jesus ears.....  please let it be so.

dear-tiny-jesus-ricky-bobby.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

In the vein of no good deed goes unpunished. It's a shame people aren't happy with Biden's presidency because he's crushing it. We will be reaping the benefits for years because of CHIPS act. 

image.png.eb8110a8e99f04bc8de2827de38872e4.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

not a great look for me but I'm going to give credit to both Trump and Biden for waking up and treating the Chinese as the existential threat they are.  It's probably the only compliment I can think of that Trump deserves, but he started it. okay now I need to go wash my mouth out with soap.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Fox News on at the gym... big wall-sized graphic with two anchors standing in front of it that shows inflation during Trump and Biden. Obviously it's flat, rises up, and then has a sharp turn lower. 

The shot is framed to where the anchor on the right side of the screen stands in front of the downturn in the chart with the peak to the viewer's left of him. The other anchor is in the middle of the graphic and the camera is zoomed in to where the Trump side is largely out of frame. All you see is the graph showing the rise in inflation.

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2023 at 9:45 PM, StassneyHorn said:

11 months out, I think that's a good assessment. So many wild cards in this one, but they mostly seem to revolve around Trump being on/off the ballot and being a free man or not. Economy is also a big one, which right now is booming.

As for current polling, I think the more that Trump is in the news, the more people will realize they don't want to go back to all that drama. The turnout due to Roe overturned will also be interesting.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

10 minutes ago, troph said:

not a great look for me but I'm going to give credit to both Trump and Biden for waking up and treating the Chinese as the existential threat they are.  It's probably the only compliment I can think of that Trump deserves, but he started it. okay now I need to go wash my mouth out with soap.

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Trump.  To the extent he was “right” about China, it was solely because he was a stupid racist and let’s not forget that he actually received millions of dollars from China and begged them for their help in his campaign.

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

11 months out, I think that's a good assessment. So many wild cards in this one, but they mostly seem to revolve around Trump being on/off the ballot and being a free man or not. Economy is also a big one, which right now is booming.

Trump is also not bothering to actually campaign in WI, PA, MI, AZ, NC, and NV.  He’s basically hosting occasional legal fundraisers. Can’t generate enthusiasm if the cult doesn’t get to see Dear Leader out and about,

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Trump.  To the extent he was “right” about China, it was solely because he was a stupid racist and let’s not forget that he actually received millions of dollars from China and begged them for their help in his campaign.

I think he's a piece of shit, belongs in jail, single handedly dog whistled people to come out and hate my people and my brothers and sisters we are marginalized for other reasons (all th isms and phobias), and threatened our way of life as a free people, so my disdain for him could not be stronger. but a blind squirrel can find an acorn and a stopped clock is right twice a day. so that's it. fact remains, he was the first president to deviate from the make China our friend and they will see the light foreign policy that probably dates back to Nixon's visit. a fundamentally disastrous policy in hindsight.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, troph said:

This is where Biden has really shined. I was actually surprised two weeks ago when he allowed the thaw to start knowing that China seemed to be reeling and weakening. 

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I think Democrats are pussies in general. Their default is can't we all just get along. It's why Obama wasn't concerned about Russia. It's not because they're bad at their jobs. They want to use Diplomacy first, second, and last. Sometimes that works. Sometimes it does not. 

I think what Biden has done against Russia, uniting our allies and strengthening NATO, weakening Russia, will be one of his greatest achievements, and one of the greatest for the West in history, and it's sad Trump/Republicans want to acquiesce to Putin

China is definitely not a friend. 

I agree 100.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, troph said:

I think he's a piece of shit, belongs in jail, single handedly dog whistled people to come out and hate my people and my brothers and sisters we are marginalized for other reasons (all th isms and phobias), and threatened our way of life as a free people, so my disdain for him could not be stronger. but a blind squirrel can find an acorn and a stopped clock is right twice a day. so that's it. fact remains, he was the first president to deviate from the make China our friend and they will see the light foreign policy that probably dates back to Nixon's visit. a fundamentally disastrous policy in hindsight.

Trump was correct on China. However, as always, his and his team’s incompetence removes any credit for this. If we want to make any progress on China, it will take the US and Europe jointly working this and punishing China for their behavior.  Trump decided to piss off the world before actually doing anything on China which removed any opportunity for real success.

The Trump tariffs on China which Biden has chosen to continue are mostly being borne through higher prices on US consumers and have likely cost American jobs on a net basis. Additionally, the American taxpayer went on the hook for billions in additional farm subsidies when American farmers cried about the retaliatory Chinese tariffs.  It’s a dumbass policy straight out of the 1700s. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Thread title needs a little more flair, imo. May I suggest "Joe Biden 2024: Finger on the Button" or "Joe Biden 2024: Opening up the third theatre of conflict in WWIII". 

Didn't he pull us out of a 20-year conflict and everyone bitched about it?

Oh look we got a “Democrats are pussies” message and it’s popular with all the former Republicans.

Obama didn’t give a shit about Russia because like everyone else, nobody gave a shit about Russia. They turned up their instruments afterwards, and Joe Biden smashed their guitar against the wall Animal House style.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Thread title needs a little more flair, imo. May I suggest "Joe Biden 2024: Finger on the Button" or "Joe Biden 2024: Opening up the third theatre of conflict in WWIII". 

Suggest away.

Who would you like to be president?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I think Democrats are pussies in general. Their default is can't we all just get along. It's why Obama wasn't concerned about Russia. It's not because they're bad at their jobs. They want to use Diplomacy first, second, and last. Sometimes that works. Sometimes it does not. 

I think what Biden has done against Russia, uniting our allies and strengthening NATO, weakening Russia, will be one of his greatest achievements, and one of the greatest for the West in history, and it's sad Trump/Republicans want to acquiesce to Putin

China is definitely not a friend. 

Just stop using that sexually charged pejorative.  Once encountered in your post it renders the rest useless.

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

image.png.46d800073f1b58cb325a2d262587748c.png

Saw this online. Trump is the worst and started this hemorrhaging.

The US National Debt - the entirety of US Treasuries issued to finance Congressional overspending beyond tax receipts - just passed $34 trillion. To put that number in some perspective, consider the following:

1. In 2015, the national debt was $19.573 trillion. In just 8 years, we have added $14.4 trillion to the debt - a 73.7% increase in the nation's debt.

2. In just 3 months, from September to December 2023, we added $1 trillion more, from $33T to $34T.

3. The $34T national debt equals $100K per US citizen, and $202K per US taxpayer. Check my math if you like. There are 340 million US citizens, and 168 million US taxpayers.

4. The Fed has reduced its UST holdings to $4.8T as part of its QT balance sheet reduction, down about $1T from peak QE.

5. Foreign holdings of UST debt has held relatively steady at $7.6T, but it is now only 22% of all outstanding UST's. In 2015 it was 32%. It is rotating out of China and Japan and into money-centers like London and Luxembourg. The rest is owned by central banks, and the private sector - banks, insurance companies, money market funds, and bond funds, largely domiciled in the US.

6. Interest payments as a % of total tax receipts is growing fast with the higher interest rates. It was 35.7% as of Q3 and will likely be higher when reported for Q4. Back in the '90s when the Bond Vigilantes were let loose and Congress last balanced a budget, this ratio got up to 50%. So we aren't there yet, but if there is one thing to get Congress thinking about fiscal discipline, it's higher interest rates eating up tax receipts. One can hope.

This may be the only way the Fed can influence Congress to shut off the dollar fire hose.

(I'd never heard of this website, but apparently it's a UT MBA grad -- is it one of you guys?-- and it tries to stay neutral: "When commenting, we check our political views at the door. WOLF STREET is a business, finance, and economics site, not a political site. Readers from across the political spectrum are invited and should feel comfortable. It’s OK to mention politicians and policy issues. It’s not OK to descend into partisan bickering.")

https://wolfstreet.com/2024/01/02/the-incredibly-ballooning-us-government-debt-spikes-by-1-trillion-in-15-weeks-to-34-trillion/

Edited by BeardIP

image.png.46d800073f1b58cb325a2d262587748c.png
Saw this online. Trump is the worst and started this hemorrhaging.
The US National Debt - the entirety of US Treasuries issued to finance Congressional overspending beyond tax receipts - just passed $34 trillion. To put that number in some perspective, consider the following:

1. In 2015, the national debt was $19.573 trillion. In just 8 years, we have added $14.4 trillion to the debt - a 73.7% increase in the nation's debt.

2. In just 3 months, from September to December 2023, we added $1 trillion more, from $33T to $34T.

3. The $34T national debt equals $100K per US citizen, and $202K per US taxpayer. Check my math if you like. There are 340 million US citizens, and 168 million US taxpayers.

4. The Fed has reduced its UST holdings to $4.8T as part of its QT balance sheet reduction, down about $1T from peak QE.

5. Foreign holdings of UST debt has held relatively steady at $7.6T, but it is now only 22% of all outstanding UST's. In 2015 it was 32%. It is rotating out of China and Japan and into money-centers like London and Luxembourg. The rest is owned by central banks, and the private sector - banks, insurance companies, money market funds, and bond funds, largely domiciled in the US.

6. Interest payments as a % of total tax receipts is growing fast with the higher interest rates. It was 35.7% as of Q3 and will likely be higher when reported for Q4. Back in the '90s when the Bond Vigilantes were let loose and Congress last balanced a budget, this ratio got up to 50%. So we aren't there yet, but if there is one thing to get Congress thinking about fiscal discipline, it's higher interest rates eating up tax receipts. One can hope.

This may be the only way the Fed can influence Congress to shut off the dollar fire hose.

(I'd never heard of this website, but apparently it's a UT MBA grad -- is it one of you guys?-- and it tries to stay neutral: "When commenting, we check our political views at the door. WOLF STREET is a business, finance, and economics site, not a political site. Readers from across the political spectrum are invited and should feel comfortable. It’s OK to mention politicians and policy issues. It’s not OK to descend into partisan bickering.")
https://wolfstreet.com/2024/01/02/the-incredibly-ballooning-us-government-debt-spikes-by-1-trillion-in-15-weeks-to-34-trillion/

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

at one time i put together a spreadsheet of the debt using treasury's monthly interest statements which attributed accumulating interest back to the president who incurred the principal (since the debt just rolls over rather than being paid, for the most part).  always thought that was a less facile way of reading it than just attributing all new debt incurred during a presidency to that president.   last time i went looking for those monthly treasury statements i couldn't find them.  not sure where they got buried in the site. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

36 months of Job Growth and 20+ months of sub 4.0% unemployment. The smartest, most correct and astute minds all agree.

"Its a great economy... I wish sometimes we wouldn't do what we do, talk about stocks, because this is a sign of an economy that is the best in the world."

-Jimbo Cramer

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/05/jim-cramer-on-strong-jobs-report-its-a-great-economy.html

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So….are we going to talk about how no one told the NSC that SecDef was in the ICU for THREE DAYS.   Are we cosplaying the politbureau here? 

That's fucked up. The NSC wasn't notified, Congressional leadership wasn't notified, and senior Pentagon officials weren't notified. I assume Biden was, but this isn't really the time to muck up communication among leadership.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bolverk said:

That's fucked up. The NSC wasn't notified, Congressional leadership wasn't notified, and senior Pentagon officials weren't notified. I assume Biden was, but this isn't really the time to muck up communication among leadership.

Several people need to be fired, including Austin. 

Edited by Boss Hogg
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again