Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

10 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Trump presidency was one of the better things to ever happen to W's legacy

image.thumb.png.edd8620bf1ddbae09acff8e5d0f74b0d.png

Never thought I would..but after 2017-2021 can't say I didn't...and with the shit show that is current Texas politics and rise of MAGA it does make me yearn for what used to be a more reasonable brand of Republicans like Bush...but here we are...

Dubya had PEPFAR. That’s the one highlight of his presidency. The rest was a disaster. The only thing that makes him look better is that Trump managed to actually be a worse president. Bush did a lot of things to pave the way for Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Dubya had PEPFAR. That’s the one highlight of his presidency. The rest was a disaster. The only thing that makes him look better is that Trump managed to actually be a worse president. Bush did a lot of things to pave the way for Trump. 

Meh. Little harsh. I'm not about to defend him, but compared to Trump? c'mon. Wrong on a great many things, intellectually lazy and way over his head, he was/is a thousand miles from Trump. I could have a conversation with Bush, because he's a human I can relate with, even if he's a dumbass. Fuck, the Obamas were friends with Dub.

Trump is a sociopath, and not a very smart one. The cult of personality around him is because the world is full of stupid people. In the US, they have been marginalized and ignored for decades. They are angry. Trump has tapped into it. It's deliberate (by his handlers) and mercenary. Bush was just not that guy, though roe and others moved into that space. 

• Hook 'Em 8

58 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Meh. Little harsh. I'm not about to defend him, but compared to Trump? c'mon. Wrong on a great many things, intellectually lazy and way over his head, he was/is a thousand miles from Trump. I could have a conversation with Bush, because he's a human I can relate with, even if he's a dumbass. Fuck, the Obamas were friends with Dub.

Trump is a sociopath, and not a very smart one. The cult of personality around him is because the world is full of stupid people. In the US, they have been marginalized and ignored for decades. They are angry. Trump has tapped into it. It's deliberate (by his handlers) and mercenary. Bush was just not that guy, though roe and others moved into that space. 

He’s got a hard on for W.  Not worth investing time in an actual rebuttal. 

50 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

He’s got a hard on for W.  Not worth investing time in an actual rebuttal. 

No no. Fattyflatie has opened my eyes. I've changed my outlook and my political viewpoint. Someone who cares about people vs. someone who doesn't. After his amazing rebuttal, it's clear to me Trump cares about me and Biden is a narcissist. My bad, Fatty.

Thank you fattyflattie. 

9 hours ago, Welshy said:

No no. Fattyflatie has opened my eyes. I've changed my outlook and my political viewpoint. Someone who cares about people vs. someone who doesn't. After his amazing rebuttal, it's clear to me Trump cares about me and Biden is a narcissist. My bad, Fatty.

Thank you fattyflattie. 

I don’t know how either of you brain dead fucks derived any of that from my comments, but carry on.  

18 hours ago, Welshy said:

I could have a conversation with Bush, because he's a human I can relate with, even if he's a dumbass. Fuck, the Obamas were friends with Dub.

Better human being? 1000X yes. He is by all accounts and kind and decent man. But the Bush body count is incredibly high and I can’t look past it. 
Donald Trump may very well have finished off the American experiment, but no president ever left such an extreme  a legacy of human suffering with less to show for it than George W. Bush. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Better human being? 1000X yes. He is by all accounts and kind and decent man. But the Bush body count is incredibly high and I can’t look past it. 
Donald Trump may very well have finished off the American experiment, but no president ever left such an extreme  a legacy of human suffering with less to show for it than George W. Bush. 

Yeah, at least LBJ and Nixon had domestic accomplishments to offset the catastrophe in Vietnam. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I listened to the Smartless episode this morning with Biden, Obama, and Clinton. If you knew nothing about any of these people, you would probably come away thinking Biden is more articulate than Clinton. Which is an amazing thing to type. 

Edited by Red Five
typo
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Over a million dead from Covid is a hell of a body count. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/26/2024 at 7:15 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I don't care about what he makes, I care about the # of people who pay attention to him.  Is it significant in terms of moving the vote needle?

jfc jimmy it's a 5 second google:

As of September 2023, The Howard Stern Show has an estimated audience of around 10 million listeners.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/26/2024 at 11:58 AM, aggie08 said:

I'm certainly no Howard Stern historian, but I thought it was pretty widely known that he's gone off the deep end a little since COVID

I had no idea about that. I also don't keep up with Howard Stern news.

On 4/27/2024 at 4:59 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Man, that kills me.  Three highly successful POTUS and "we" intersperse W and Trump, the biggest dipshits known to man.

The American people love ricocheting off guardrails. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Over a million dead from Covid is a hell of a body count. 

Covid was an exogenous event and while we didn’t cover ourselves in glory in the first six months it “could have been worse,” as Greg Abbot would say. 
The occupation of Iraq and de-Baathification, and the still expanding human tragedy we caused was entirely at our convenience, a choice. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Covid was an exogenous event and while we didn’t cover ourselves in glory in the first six months it “could have been worse,” as Greg Abbot would say. 
The occupation of Iraq and de-Baathification, and the still expanding human tragedy we caused was entirely at our convenience, a choice. 

We didn’t have a choice to make those billions of dollars. We had to do it. lol (kidding obviously) 

• Rage+1 1

On 4/27/2024 at 10:07 PM, Welshy said:

It is absolutely this simple.  Now the rich folks need some block of poor/middle class folks to vote against their best interests and this group of morons is who they have.  There's a reason so many billionaires were like fuck no to trump, then when it became apparent he was the guy, several jumped on board.  I'm actually more shocked by the number of rich folks this clown has lost.  

Like Ken Griffin: https://www.ft.com/content/38563d9a-952a-4613-a1e9-a65ef153e16e

Koch assholes: google is your friend

YouTube has a number of clips from the Stern interview. I challenge those who think Biden is significantly diminished to do the same. He’s hanging with Stern. Going forward, such disinformation will warrant a fuck you emoji.

But this can’t be, because I’ve had Dotard supporters tell me to my face that Biden refuses to do interviews because they would show him to be totally senile.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Looks like Medicaid expansion in Mississippi is going to happen, but with a work requirement of 25 hours per week. Not the best, could be worse. Tate Reeves will most likely veto, house and senate should override. Will be up to Biden admin if they fuck around with work requirements when they have been hot and cold, mostly cold, on work requirements

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Looks like Medicaid expansion in Mississippi is going to happen, but with a work requirement of 25 hours per week. Not the best, could be worse. Tate Reeves will most likely veto, house and senate should override. Will be up to Biden admin if they fuck around with work requirements when they have been hot and cold, mostly cold, on work requirements

Work requirements for social benefits are just another subsidy for wage slave employers

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

You, I, Biden and the MS House agree. They had provision that if work requirement was struck down to revert to their full House bill which was straight Obamacare expansion, no alterations. Not sure if that made it through negotiations as a backstop.

Anyways, if all you check behind your ears this morning, you might find 6 billion more dollars in loan forgiveness (please read as buying votes) to Art Institute students. Differs from previous rounds of forgiveness in that they are probably younger without decades of repayment. 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/former-students-profit-art-institutes-approved-6-billion-109818611

Former students of the for-profit Art Institutes are approved for $6 billion in loan cancellation

• Hook 'Em 1

As the most humble servant to Count Joseph Biden, I am happy to report as a +1 to the April job report on Friday. 

Happy California birthday to me, a newly minted West Coast elitist 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

As the most humble servant to Count Joseph Biden, I am happy to report as a +1 to the April job report on Friday. 

Happy California birthday to me, a newly minted West Coast elitist 

7 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Both sides of the protest Gaza/Jews enjoy a chant of "Fuck Joe Biden".

That is pretty funny. Classic horseshoe.

I hope the they have that same youthful vigor when the new administration is having them forcefully removed from our shores.  

Take your anti-Israel, anti-Biden stances now young people.  And don’t bother voting this Autumn.  This world will scarcely remember your bold stance, or that you even ever existed at all.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

34 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Take your anti-Israel, anti-Biden stances now young people.  And don’t bother voting this Autumn.  This world will scarcely remember your bold stance, or that you even ever existed at all.  

Young people never learn

2016: "I'm not voting for Hillary! What's the worst that could happen?"

2017-2021 + SCOTUS: 

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

If Trump wins this fall, and it turns out the college kids sat out in large numbers or voted for Trump, these dumb shits will truly deserve what will happen.  I will just take my sizable tax cuts, buy a overseas residence and a new popcorn machine, and watch with fascination at the flood of "I can't believe the leopards ate my face" outrage on TikTok. 

This would be me if I didn’t have a kid about to enter 1st grade. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

17 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

it'd be an unfathomable shift.  they were D+24 last time.

The olds have flipped bigly to Sleepy Joe. And they always vote 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You just want to grab them by the fucking ears. "Listen you stupid fucks, one of two people will be our next President. Do you know who the other person is? Do you know what he is saying he will do if elected?" 

This. “Do you want to vote for a young, progressive candidate in 2028? Then vote for Joe bc there won’t be a 2028 election if you sit out, dumbfucks”

I swear to god, we need more classes of civics. Progress is slow; regress is quick as fuck. It’s way easier to destroy than it is to build 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Posted (edited)

Is it some combination of they were only 10 when all this shit started with Trump?  None of us, and we're all quite politically engaged, knew jack shit about politics and current events at that age.  I remember watching some Reagan stuff in 1984 on TV, and then had to do a social studies presentation about Bush/Dukakis in Mr. Hays' class in 1988 at 12.  But that's about it.  Started paying attention my Junior year of high school.  And then on from there.  But I guess many of them were just young when Trump and his minions came out of the woodwork, and they're now trying to see who can prove their "No I have the biggest beef with Biden over Israel/Palestine, not you!  Me!"  I realize they're not all being like this.  But you mix that "I don't really remember this Trump fellow you speak of", with "Biden is too pro-Israel!" with their already apathetic turnout to begin with (not just this current batch, but all 18-30 voters over the last century)..............you don't need anything else mixed into that cocktail to fuck up turnout for Joe in Wisconsin (where protests are rampant), Michigan (they're starting here shortly), or North Carolina (already underway), et. al.  

If I didn't have two young girls who have to grow up under this shit, I'd say "Let 'em burn."  But I gotta keep hurting bad guys.  I can bug out to a half dozen countries and still do my profession, same with my wife.  these kids will be fucking their lives up for a half century.  Same with women for Trump, Muslims against Biden, People of Color for Trump.  When you're rights come crumbling down, I'll be there with a hearty reminder.  

Play 2024 smart.  Either maintain the Senate or win back the House if Class I goes as it probably will.  2026 Class II aligns for you pretty well.  And then setup a new generation of POTUS in 2028.  That SCOTUS isn't going anywhere soon.  Wait for 2032 election cycle with more favorably drawn districts and demography and hopefully both parties move back closer to center and sanity.  These kids will be around 30 by then and starting families and getting into mid-career mode and starting businesses and putting down roots.  But that work begins in 6 months.  They wanna blow that all up over Biden sometimes saying some stuff they're not 100% infatuated with?  Then good luck on the train to oblivion dipshits.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

There was a time I wanted kids.  It didn't happen but, in hindsight, I'm glad.  This country is on one hell of a self-destruction bend that the younger generations will have to suffer through for decades.  I should only have 20/25 years to witness it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Young people never learn

2016: "I'm not voting for Hillary! What's the worst that could happen?"

2017-2021 + SCOTUS: 

200.gif

While I agree that the young people of today need to open their eyes and realize that denying support for Biden over Trump over a single issue will likely result in the Trump being elected again, I am afraid that you'll have to pin the 2017-2021 national nightmare on folks like me who voted Libertarian or those who could not vote for either R or D candidate in 2016. My dumb ass pretty much voted all R in national elections since my first vote (Reagan '84). My eyes were opened the day after the 2016 election. I have never voted an official straight ticket until the 2018 election cycle when I voted straight D despite not supporting all D policies. We have to stem the tide of the Neo-fascists even if we have to hold our noses to vote for a candidate that may mot be perfect but is at least not GQP or GOP who refuse to grow a spine and continue to allow GQP issues to be presented as truth.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

There was a time I wanted kids.  It didn't happen but, in hindsight, I'm glad.  This country is on one hell of a self-destruction bend that the younger generations will have to suffer through for decades.  I should only have 20/25 years to witness it.

I was indifferent to kids, but my wife wanted them and made it very clear early on it was a dealbreaker. I wasn’t anti-kid, I just believed I could have a happy life with or without them. We had our son in 2017. He has changed my life for the better and brings me immeasurable joy on a daily basis. He and my wife are the best things that have ever happened to me, and nothing else is even close. 

and with all that being said, knowing what I know now, I wonder if I had a do over if I’d make a different decision. I’m not saying I’d make a different decision. But I’d have to think about it. Thats the level of dread and fear I have for his future.

• Like 5
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Longhorn Fever said:

While I agree that the young people of today need to open their eyes and realize that denying support for Biden over Trump over a single issue will likely result in the Trump being elected again, I am afraid that you'll have to pin the 2017-2021 national nightmare on folks like me who voted Libertarian or those who could not vote for either R or D candidate in 2016. My dumb ass pretty much voted all R in national elections since my first vote (Reagan '84). My eyes were opened the day after the 2016 election. I have never voted an official straight ticket until the 2018 election cycle when I voted straight D despite not supporting all D policies. We have to stem the tide of the Neo-fascists even if we have to hold our noses to vote for a candidate that may mot be perfect but is at least not GQP or GOP who refuse to grow a spine and continue to allow GQP issues to be presented as truth.

I didn’t vote for either candidate as a protest. You’re not to blame, man, nor am I. Particularly if you’re in Texas like me. There is a lot of blame to go around. Comey. Russia. 

3 minutes ago, Longhorn Fever said:

I am afraid that you'll have to pin the 2017-2021 national nightmare on folks like me who voted Libertarian or those who could not vote for either R or D candidate in 2016.

I voted third party in 2016. It's unthinkable now. 

In fairness, I thought Hillary had it wrapped up, and Trump would win Texas regardless. Still...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I've had it explained to me by some one-issue, pro-Palestinian young voters that while it's true Trump is worse, Biden isn't doing anything to stop the genocide in Gaza so he's just as bad. Combine that with crushing debt, little upward mobility, no ability to buy a home, and the possibly having to live with their parents again, they really don't care if things get blown up because "maybe that's necessary to give the country's attention and change things". Again, the mentality of someone who can't see the forest through the trees. They don't care if Trump will do what he says he will do because Biden isn't stopping a genocide. They're fine with burning it all down if they don't get their way. And they're all too stupid to see how they're being played. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

45 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The olds have flipped bigly to Sleepy Joe. And they always vote 

I hope that this is true but I am not seeing it for most of my HS classmates nor their siblings, parents, aunts and uncles.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I've had it explained to me by some one-issue, pro-Palestinian young voters that while it's true Trump is worse, Biden isn't doing anything to stop the genocide in Gaza so he's just as bad. Combine that with crushing debt, little upward mobility, no ability to buy a home, and the possibly having to live with their parents again, they really don't care if things get blown up because "maybe that's necessary to give the country's attention and change things". Again, the mentality of someone who can't see the forest through the trees. They don't care if Trump will do what he says he will do because Biden isn't stopping a genocide. They're fine with burning it all down if they don't get their way. And they're all too stupid to see how they're being played. 

Hasn’t the U.S. tried to broker multiple ceasefires? And Hamas keeps rejecting them. The US isn’t a saint but the people in charge of Gaza aren’t either. And Israel is bad too. The normal everyday people of Palestine are the real victims. 

Idealistic college kids think there’s an easy solution to everything. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1