2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Lake Travis is about 18 feet from the 1951 historic low. Absent a monsoon spring I’d expect us to shatter that this summer.
 evaporation alone will account for 3-4 feet I’m sure. 

Edited by troph
  • Rage+1 2

I don’t care if this is just for Austin. But shit is getting real in Kansas. Toto go home! not sure where I should put this. 

(this guy may be my favorite of the storm chasers this year—he got incredible photos outside of Canadian at the start of the wildfires.) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t care if this is just for Austin. But shit is getting real in Kansas. Toto go home! not sure where I should put this. 

(this guy may be my favorite of the storm chasers this year—he got incredible photos outside of Canadian at the start of the wildfires.) 

When I was in college I worked for a horse rancher outside of Alta Vista. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm not sure I've ever seen a hook echo that looked so much like a hook.  Usually it's more akin to the x-ray where doc sees something and tries to show it to you, and you squint, and can't see it, and just nod.  How long do I have, doc?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The  all-encompassing-non-Texas-weather thread would be appropriate, but anyway, hope you're staying safe and don't end up in Oz.  Unless you want to go to Oz.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Dallas is getting hit by hail.  Also, huge tragedy elsewhere with a massive tornado:

Very sad shit. Twitter/X starting to show some pictures. Also, was listening to the police scanner stuff—it hit the trailer park head on and the mass casualty stuff is not exaggerated. I had to stop listening. It hit a more populated area near Columbus. Bad bad bad…💔

Edited by Nicole44

On 3/13/2024 at 7:55 PM, Nicole44 said:

So mysterious murders coming soon in Kansas.  Noted.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Dallas is getting hit by hail.  Also, huge tragedy elsewhere with a massive tornado:

Very sad shit. Twitter/X starting to show some pictures. Also, was listening to the police scanner stuff—it hit the trailer park head on and the mass casualty stuff is not exaggerated. I had to stop listening. It hit a more populated area near Columbus. Bad bad bad…💔

Reports of a trailer park hit and houses on fire? Did Ohio State lose?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My mom lives in Anna. Called her when it was approaching and she was in the closet with her dog. Afterwards she called me and said it was pretty fucking intense. 

Dad and my wife are just north of there. Moved south but sounds like Anna got hit with some real storms.

So is this was we get tomorrow in Austin?

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

So is this was we get tomorrow in Austin?

I think it depends on how long the morning rain hangs around tomorrow. I mean, we're in Austin, so we won't see shit, but San Antonio and New Braunfels and Waco might get some mighty hail storms.

6 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

It’s not gonna do shit except be humid and drizzle 

1000% this is what happened at my house. Swing and miss round 1 (already moved east right after disappearing and reappearing).

Round 2 tonight will be several near misses with large storms disappearing on radar right over my house, then reappearing to my north and east. Then more drizzle tomorrow.

I’m not bitter at all. 

13 minutes ago, troph said:

Jim Spencer was on the weather this week. Definitely going to be a BIG weather event !!

He's filling in for Yeomans.

That giant blob came through Austin and produced . . . 0.03" at my house.  My first girlfriend was less disappointed.