2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

No power in the fo five. 

Day where I need to move a bunch of shit off to a great start.

A tree in the green belt behind my son’s house fell into his backyard, crushing his fence and garden. 
A few doors down another tree fell, blocking the street….

image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

We got what had to be around 3+ inches at our house (rain gauge broke the other day, so that's an estimate).  Was steady and we got some good standing water and runoff - the kind of stuff that would have been great for the lakes.  Seriously, we're missing the target by just 40-50 miles, every damned time.  LT went up only 500 a.f. yesterday.  That's nothing.  Every drunk pissing off their boat over the weekend would make it go up that much.  It's frustrating as hell to watch.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

We had the whole family in the closet last night when that system that generated the Madisonville tornado above was heading right at us. It ended up skirting to the north of us but we still had 3.3 in the rain gauge this morning.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/28/2024 at 9:56 AM, Armybrat said:

A tree in the green belt behind my son’s house fell into his backyard, crushing his fence and garden. 
A few doors down another tree fell, blocking the street….

image000000.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

wind or lightning?

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We got what had to be around 3+ inches at our house (rain gauge broke the other day, so that's an estimate).

You're not far from us -- LCRA's Bull Creek gauge says 0.83 inches.

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're not far from us -- LCRA's Bull Creek gauge says 0.83 inches.

Odd.  We definitely got more than that, busted rain gauge or no, the empty bird baths were overflowing, and that doesn't happen till we get over 2 inches.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, hornian said:

You know you're from Central Texas when you actually HOPE it floods (in the right places). 

Yeah, but that map shows the highest ("moderate") risk barely extending into Llano and Blanco counties.  Could help Lake Travis, I suppose, if they actually get the heavy rain.  I think the other Highland Lake watersheds are less likely to be soaked.