CFP Semifinal: Texas vs Washington - 7:45pm on ESPN

Pancho

26 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Our coaching staff is overrated. They aren’t near as good as they think they are. 

Next year won’t be easy. I see 2-3 losses at least. Michigan and Georgia for sure are Ls.

bitch slap slapping GIF

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

I mean, we committed all of those. Now, Washington had a few they weren't called, so they should be closer to 8-9. 

We absolutely did not “block below the waist!” And Whittington’s hold was as iffy as it gets, particularly when we had DL getting tackled routinely during the game. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

This seems reactionary. Sweat and Murphy carried our defense all year. 

I'm not saying they aren't good. They were great this year, but  I'm saying you are comparing them to one player who many in Pittsburgh will tell you should be in the Hall of Fame, and the other, despite underachieving,  was considered to be among the best pass rushing DTs to play in the NFL when he put the effort into it. That's a crazy high bar

4 minutes ago, dr99 said:

They said on the LHN post game washington players are taking turns walking by Bevo and giving him the horns down and taunting him

Bevo could give two shits about those ass clowns, as do I

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, and when Penix takes the field, he's going to score at will with those receivers.

I'm not really buying the run it all game notion.

No way their receivers have another perfect game against a secondary that is at least somewhat competent at defending passes.

That hurt, but the positive waaaay outweigh the negative. We get to beat the shit out of aggy again. Our 5 star QB is likely coming back and will be even better. Our backup QB is a generational talent who will help bring in more studs. This is a great time. And I did break my firestick remote on the last play. 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, naija said:

I'm not saying they aren't good. They were great this year, but  I'm saying you are comparing them to one player who many in Pittsburgh will tell you should be in the Hall of Fame, and the other, despite underachieving,  was considered to be among the best pass rushing DTs to play in the NFL when he put the effort into it. That's a crazy high bar

This isn't the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

We've seen his ceiling, I'm afraid.

That’s not how CFB works. Qb’s get better with reps and experience. Bo Nix kinda sucked at Auburn. Penix has got better year over year. Milroe and Ewers both got better throughout this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

It’s year 2 you dunce. Bo Nix fucking sucked at Auburn. Penis is a 6th year player. You don’t know fuck all about Quinns ceiling and neither does anyone else.

Bo Nix still sucks if you ask me.

Penix has "it." Can read quickly, hit receivers crisply. Quinn Ewers does not have "it."

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Sweat and Murphy will go down in Texas lore like Hampton and Rogers. Going to really miss them. But we can seriously improve at Edge and in the secondary.  And I'm not as worried about finding replacements at offensive skill positions. 

The realistic goal this season was a Big 12 championship. We lucked our way into the 4 team playoff. I feel good that Sark will learn from this game and keep us on the right path. 

I don't disagree with much of what you say, but once in the playoffs, need to put your best foot forward. I don't feel like that was done tonight. Sark is doing good overall, and hopefully he and the staff will continue to correct as they go.

I do think we have some really good potential in the pipeline on both sides. Just remains to be seen how quickly they develop. Roster management is a strength for sure.

It’s year 2 you dunce. Bo Nix fucking sucked at Auburn. Penis is a 6th year player. You don’t know fuck all about Quinns ceiling and neither does anyone else.
And Bo Nix still sucks when it matters most against good teams. But hey, he looked good against Liberty today.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

And Bo Nix still sucks when it matters most against good teams. But hey, he looked good against Liberty today.

Exactly. Bo Nix's ceiling is 2 losses. Not our standard.

Penix has "it." Can read quickly, hit receivers crisply. Quinn Ewers does not have "it."

sometimes "it" is just repetition. or working at your craft. if not, why doesn't 'it" show up immediately from day one? did Brady not have "it" in college?

Ewers can get better. A real competition would be helpful for him to do so.

I wouldn't even rate either of them above Roy Miller or Malcom Brown..Those guys were disruptive all the time.  Especially Miller when he was playing with Kindle at DE...

We need another DE like Kindle or Orakpo and a DC like Greg Robinson or Muschamp...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

You didn’t know shit about Penix until his 5th year in college. 

Penix made throws and receivers caught passes where you just tip your cap. These aren't plays you see completed by Milroe or McCarthy. 

It seems pretty clear that PK got worked, but at the same time Washington executed at an elite level.  What made this game hurt was having a lucky chance at the end. Overall we got outplayed. 

• Hook 'Em 6

We lost this game due to mistakes, turnovers, being behind the sticks due to penalties and UW pressure getting to QE early - discombobulating our offense. Our defense played poorly in general, but our secondary was pretty sticky, but Penix was on fire - he dropped dimes. Our defensive gameplan was off, obviously - we didn't generate much pressure on Penix.

We have alot of secondary and edge help coming next year. The future is bright.

We has a great season in 2023 and I am not disappointed. We didn't match up well vs UW yet, we almost won this game. 

Edited by RAMBONE
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

sometimes "it" is just repetition. or working at your craft. if not, why doesn't 'it" show up immediately from day one? did Brady not have "it" in college?

Sark will not start Arch over him, but I'd rather develop Arch than play Ewers.

3 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I don't disagree with much of what you say, but once in the playoffs, need to put your best foot forward. I don't feel like that was done tonight. Sark is doing good overall, and hopefully he and the staff will continue to correct as they go.

I do think we have some really good potential in the pipeline on both sides. Just remains to be seen how quickly they develop. Roster management is a strength for sure.

We were outcoached and outplayed tonight. No doubt. UW had a veteran team, and executed at a level we did not. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I get the thought process and giving it to your playmaker, but felt it was awfully predictable. Counterpoint - the OL didn't provide much time to think about it. I'd have preferred a different receiver if they were open, and I'd have to go rewatch to know if they were. But it's different from the comfort of my couch.

Worthy, AD and Whittington line up on the same side, all run to the back of the end zone.  TE does some shit across the middle in the front of the end zone.  Blue runs a wheel route on the opposite side of the field for the easy TD.

I should get paid millions of dollars to be a foozball corch.

• Fuck You 1

Brady had the mind and just needed time for the physical side to catch up.  Ewers is 180 degrees opposite, and you don't develop into a stone cold killer.  That's something you either are or aren't.  Ewers isn't.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, naija said:

I don't think the stuff Ewers is bad at can be improved with experience. These seem like deeply ingrained tendencies.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They were doing horns down all game. As if this was some rivalry.

Fuck em and their 9 year starting QB with his head in the booth drama BS.

Hope Michigan beats them by 30

I couldn't care less. Penix has already lost 2-3 years of NFL time playing for 6 years and WA won’t be a mainstay in the NIL era. I don’t see them recruiting a Penix caliber QB anytime soon. Deboer probably leaves soon too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Penix made throws and receivers caught passes where you just tip your cap. These aren't plays you see completed by Milroe or McCarthy. 

It seems pretty clear that PK got worked, but at the same time Washington executed at an elite level.  What made this game hurt was having a lucky chance at the end. Overall we got outplayed. 

The lucky chance made it sting less for me quite honestly. 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I couldn't care less. Penix has already lost 2-3 years of NFL time playing for 6 years and WA won’t be a mainstay in the NIL era. I don’t see them recruiting a Penix caliber QB anytime soon. Deboer probably leaves soon too. 

Penix was getting $3M this season in NIL.

Deboer is about to sign a huge extension. 

Edited by Beau Vine

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

#teamhank

lock it up

• Drool 1

5 minutes ago, naija said:

Brady beat Bama, with Michigan, in a bowl game...

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

You didn’t know shit about Penix until his 5th year in college. 

Penix was dicing people up at Indiana. Remember that great year they had? He should have won the Heisman this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

One of the issues with the last play is that 5 half assed the route. He looked almost surprised the ball was thrown at him. 

Yet he still had the defender "posted up" with no one else in front of him.  AD was in good position if the ball was a bit lower.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I assume Washington take a  big step back next year with the loss of Penix and Odunze. They seem like a rich man's version of TCU from last season.

3 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Brady had the mind and just needed time for the physical side to catch up.  Ewers is 180 degrees opposite, and you don't develop into a stone cold killer.  That's something you either are or aren't.  Ewers isn't.

Ewers improved this year.  BUT the best thing that could happen would be starting AM next season.  Take your lumps.  And be ready to contend again in 2025.  I don't know if Arch IS THE guy.  I DO know that Ewers is not.  And I'll bet Sark knows it too 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Penix was getting $3M this season in NIL.

I highly doubt they are throwing money at QBs going forward like that. If WA can step it up and keep DeBoer and bring the NIL cash good for them. Most don’t see that happening.

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

I assume Washington take a  big step back next year with the loss of Penix and Odunze. They seem like a rich man's version of TCU from last season.

....are we?.....are we the Michigan?

2nd year Ewers didn’t play as well as the 6th year heisman runner up. Burn it down. He doesn’t have IT

....are we?.....are we the Michigan?

Did we get boat raced by a shitty team?

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Sark will not start Arch over him, but I'd rather develop Arch than play Ewers.

if he can't make that decision, despite having been with Saban up close, then he isn't long for here. you recruit as best you can, and then let it play out honestly. anything else is a bad bargain. I know Sark trends towards being a nice guy, but you have to believe an offensive guy like him who relies so much on a passing QB will not hamstring himself like that.

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

UW had better QB, WR, OL (passing offense), pass defense, ball security... 

Texas has better run game on both offense and defense.

Better QB and turnover margin will usually win. 

Edited by Slacks
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, naija said:

if he can't make that decision, despite having been with Saban up close, then he isn't long for here. you recruit as best you can, and then let it play out honestly. anything else is a bad bargain. I know Sark trends towards being a nice guy, but you have to believe an offensive guy like him who relies so much on a passing QB will not hamstring himself like that.

I would trust Ewers over Arch due to his experience. That's only rational. He gives you the best chance to win now, but the long term cost to Arch's development is not worth it to me.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac unpinned this topic