Explosion in Downtown Fort Worth

Rip76

Friend of mine (attorney) offices quite close by -- she heard the explosion and was pretty damned alarmed at the full emergency response.  Cops are using her building as a command center.  Gas explosion, sounds like at least 11 injured so far.  I  presume that was an in-use and occupied hotel?  That's messed up.

In before the tired "my mixtape just dropped" references.

So the initial thought is gas explosion based on that first tweet?

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Friend of mine (attorney) offices quite close by -- she heard the explosion and was pretty damned alarmed at the full emergency response.  Cops are using her building as a command center.  Gas explosion, sounds like at least 11 injured so far.  

you weren't by chance visiting next door were you?

• Haha 4

I  presume that was an in-use and occupied hotel?  That's messed up.

It’s a fairly new (~6 months) hotel owned by Sandman built into a historic building. They have a nice lobby bar and a good sushi restaurant in the basement.

Pictures look awful.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Did you just make that up, doc? 

No casualties reported. 

20 reported. Up from 11 which was the first news.

Late Monday afternoon, Trojacek said 26 rooms at the hotel were occupied when the explosion occurred and that the number of people injured in the blast increased from 11 to 21.

MedStar Ambulance's Matt Zavadsky said 20 people were treated at the scene or transported to area hospitals including one critical person, four who were serious, and 14 who were minor. One person walked into JPS on their own after the explosion. There have been no fatalities reported.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/live-coverage-explosion-at-fort-worth-hotel-21-injuries-reported-missing-person-located/3428542/

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Did you just make that up, doc? 

No casualties reported. 

“Casualties” in trauma are any serious injury up to and including death. Sorry for the trauma speak. I realize that casualty in Layman’s terms usually means death.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1