Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

16 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Also, JamesWoods, Devin Nunez, Joe Rogan, Dan Bonzingo, Ben Shapiro, ZeroHedge, Piers Morgan, Jack Posobiec, Candace Owens, Rudy, Dan Crenshaw, Tucker Carlson, Hannity, Charlie Kirk, Hershel Walker, Dinesh D, Dr Oz….

Yet the MAGAs I see on my feed are already bitching about her as a pro-vax libtard.

That woman.  With that track record.  And to them, she's a libtard.  FFS.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

The damage to Tesla has been done at this point imo. Everyone else has caught up and most are better quality. 

No one else is close to Tesla's production capacity for EVs.  It's still an order of magnitude of difference.  

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

No one else is close to Tesla's production capacity for EVs.  It's still an order of magnitude of difference. 

...does it make that big of a difference though?

TSLA had to figure out 1) how to make cars on a production line and all the crap that entails and 2) build electric cars

sure seems like if you have 1 figured out (Ford, Toyota and Chevy sold 1.7m, 1.7m and 1.5m vehicles each in 2022. Tesla sold 536k.) you can figure out #2 a lot faster than TSLA did. do you, or anyone else, really want to bet against one of them figuring out #2 in the next few years?

GM said they planned to build 50k EVs in the first half of 2023 and then double it in the second half. ford re-tooled a factory in Mexico to double capacity to 210k EV / year. we are almost 12 months out from when the first F150 lightning was delivered and Ford is going to produce 150k this year, globally they will produce 2 million EVs by the end of 2026. GM expects to hit it by end of 2025.

they can build more now, today, but will it continue? doubtful.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

TSLA had to figure out 1) how to make cars on a production line and all the crap that entails and 2) build electric cars

sure seems like if you have 1 figured out (Ford, Toyota and Chevy sold 1.7m, 1.7m and 1.5m vehicles each in 2022. Tesla sold 536k.) you can figure out #2 a lot faster than TSLA did. do you, or anyone else, really want to bet against one of them figuring out #2 in the next few years?

GM said they planned to build 50k EVs in the first half of 2023 and then double it in the second half. ford re-tooled a factory in Mexico to double capacity to 210k EV / year. we are almost 12 months out from when the first F150 lightning was delivered and Ford is going to produce 150k this year, globally they will produce 2 million EVs by the end of 2026. GM expects to hit it by end of 2025.

I was just challenging the statement that legacy manufacturers have "caught up."  They may get there, but it's far from a done deal.

19 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Also before declaring victory for legacy automakers in the EV space, maybe check on the profit/loss for their EV branches.  Tesla is the only EV manufacturer in the black for EV production.

yet Ford projects to be profitable by 2026 and GM expects for profits from EVs to be comparable to gas vehicles by 2025. they aren't going to go bankrupt...Ford, GM and Toyota all have significantly more cash on hand than TSLA.

what happens when TSLA can't sell a couple of Billion in energy credits back to legacy automakers?

not saying that they can declare victory but TSLA has not capitalized at all on their years long lead in charging, production, technology or anything else.

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

I was just challenging the statement that legacy manufacturers have "caught up."  They may get there, but it's far from a done deal.

they will catch up from a manufacturing standpoint sooner than later.

they will catch up from a technology standpoint (production/battery, not talking about FSD) before they get fully ramped up on manufacturing.

this is one of the most pivotal times for TSLA as a company ever and yet here is the Technoking over here shitposting and wasting time on TWTR. they are losing ground literally daily to legacy automakers and Elon is over here spending a huge % of his time and money on a social media app.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Also before declaring victory for legacy automakers in the EV space, maybe check on the profit/loss for their EV branches.  Tesla is the only EV manufacturer in the black for EV production.

28 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Are they really, though?

20 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Almost 20% profit margin for Q1 23. 

How profitable will they be when they can no longer sell nearly $2 billion a year in CAFE/carbon credits to the major automakers?  That's free money for Tesla. And Tesla has had to make way too many price cuts in a short amount of time - somebody has too much inventory or isn't moving it.

Edit: @NoName beat me to it on the carbon credits.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

this is one of the most pivotal times for TSLA as a company ever and yet here is the Technoking over here shitposting and wasting time on TWTR. they are losing ground literally daily to legacy automakers and Elon is over here spending a huge % of his time and money on a social media app.

No disagreement here.

I wonder if the new ceo has any idea what kind of shit show/sinking ship she's walking into.

edit oh...yaccarino is 60 years old. Never would've known from her bio photo. I guess if she ever wanted to be a ceo it was now or never.

image.thumb.png.c1b92537a0f10770eb763682a68b0c86.png

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

No disagreement here.

...then why the hell are you in here actually defending the company when it hasn't released a new model in 4 years (Model Y - which is borderline negligent and basically built on a Model 3?), they are almost 4 years from announcing the Cybertruck and have yet to deliver a single one, they reportedly have have every other automakers on their heels and have a negligent CEO?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I wonder if the new ceo has any idea what kind of shit show/sinking ship she's walking into.

edit oh...yaccarino is 60 years old. Never would've known from her bio photo. I guess if she ever wanted to be a ceo it was now or never.

Holy shit, after fucking up twitter, he's still going to try and make X.com happen

Yes Elon, we'll trust you with your financial information, etc.  

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

I'm not sure where those bolded numbers come from, but according to Toyota, they sold 10.5 million cars in 2022. Volkswagen sold 8.3 million. They operate on a scale much larger than Telsa. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/toyota-defends-title-worlds-top-selling-automaker-2022-2023-01-30/

19 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Almost 20% profit margin for Q1 23. 

Their profit margin has been impressive the last couple of years, but they had zero competition and could name their price. It seems I read a new article about Tesla cutting prices every week. That in combination with a gradual taper of ZEV credits means their margins will probably be significantly impacted. The only reason Musk would lower prices is because he is forced to.

Musk said this week that Tesla would be able to cut prices now - even potentially to zero profit - and earn more later on software and services when it has technology available that allows for autonomous driving.

It wasnt just a coincidence that Musk mention zero margins on cars in the face of increasing competition. Whether they can earn more on software depends on how many more rubes he can con into paying for shit that doesn't do what he says. I mean, sure, one day Tesla will have FSD but then again so will all of the other manufacturers.

Everyone is building cars, and you can only squeeze so much cost out before material costs constrain you. I doubt Tesla buys their raw materials any cheaper than Toyota although they probably do have a cost advantage on batteries for now. The biggest advantage Tesla probably will have in a few years is that they sell directly to their end user and dont have to sacrifice the margin that goes into the dealer's pockets. Whether that's enough to justify a market cap 10X bigger than Ford... I'm guessing not. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

...then why the hell are you in here actually defending the company when it hasn't released a new model in 4 years (Model Y - which is borderline negligent and basically built on a Model 3?), they are almost 4 years from announcing the Cybertruck and have yet to deliver a single one, they reportedly have have every other automakers on their heels and have a negligent CEO?

I'm not defending the company.  Just stating facts that they are currently king of the EV mountain and there is still a lot that needs to happen to knock them off.  I think that the last few months have seen a lot of their advantage squandered.  They may still recover.

Re: no new models in 4 years - We've seen refresh of Model 3 and Model S/X in that timeframe and there is another refresh of model 3 on the horizon.  

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

I'm not sure where those bolded numbers come from, but according to Toyota, they sold 10.5 million cars in 2022. Volkswagen sold 8.3 million. They operate on a scale much larger than Telsa.

i THINK those are United States car sale #s vs worldwide or North America only?

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

I'm not defending the company.  Just stating facts that they are currently king of the EV mountain and there is still a lot that needs to happen to knock them off.  I think that the last few months have seen a lot of their advantage squandered.  They may still recover.

Re: no new models in 4 years - We've seen refresh of Model 3 and Model S/X in that timeframe and there is another refresh of model 3 on the horizon.  

they are CURRENTLY king of the EV mountain and every single thing that needs to happen to knock them off - legacy automakers taking EVs seriously from retooling and production ends, tax credit changes, worldwide interest in EVs, etc - is all happening globally. they are facing a ton of competition in China and that won't be the only place moving forward.

...in what universe can they recover? they didn't even have enough faith in their next generation vehicle to announce it in November. maybe they could have if their CEO and product architect was paying attention to the company. they have already cut prices six times in 2023. that ain't great.

refreshes are NOT new models. refreshes do NOT move the needle. i know that. you know that. everyone knows that. they aren't new models. they are something like 6 years from announcing the 2nd generation Roadster with no real updates.

in the mean time they are at like 4 years between announcing and rolling out the cybertruck and let me tell you that thing is going to go over like a lead balloon. they squandered a THREE YEAR head start in rolling out an EV truck. Ford beat them to rolling out an electric truck! FORD! they went from announcing in May 2021 to delivering the first one in May 2022 btw.

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

It wasnt just a coincidence that Musk mention zero margins on cars in the face of increasing competition. Whether they can earn more on software depends on how many more rubes he can con into paying for shit that doesn't do what he says. I mean, sure, one day Tesla will have FSD but then again so will all of the other manufacturers.

And a lot of people don't seem to think Tesla can safely pull off FSD without going back to radar/lidar/etc. and not just cameras.

And if the other automakers keep plodding along and doing everything that needs to be done, they won't be trying to charge $15,000 extra for FSD.  

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And a lot of people don't seem to think Tesla can safely pull off FSD without going back to radar/lidar/etc. and not just cameras.

And if the other automakers keep plodding along and doing everything that needs to be done, they won't be trying to charge $15,000 extra for FSD.  

I'm not so sure about that. Every car maker on the planet is going to TRY to sell subscription services on top of an entry level piece of shit. They will charge for FSD, Navigation, onstar, etc.... Reaching into the customers pocket on a recurring basis in America is a corporate sickness driven by greed across all industries. Whether or not they are successful depends on how much backbone the consumer has. But eventually even if everyone is forced to pay for that crap, the prices will probably all be about the same for the level of service provided. But its another area where I doubt Tesla has a sustainable long term advantage. 

Basically, 2023 and forward will be a completely different competitive landscape for Tesla. The consumer will have so many choices, and from what I can tell the vast majority will be better styled than the ugly shit Tesla is cranking out. The Model S was sharp looking but its old in the tooth now. Models X,3, Y are bland as shit. The cyber truck is so fucking ridiculous, its a fail for everyone except incel Elon fanboys. Elon still thinks 100% of his customers wanted a Telsa, when what a large number of them  really wanted was an electric car. Moving forward those two categories wont HAVE to be the same. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The cyber truck is so fucking ridiculous, its a fail for everyone except incel Elon fanboys. Elon still thinks 100% of his customers wanted a Telsa, when what a large number of them  really wanted was an electric car. Moving forward those two categories wont HAVE to be the same. 

I recently saw a Rivian SUV up close (one of my kid's classmates' parents has one).  It was legit.  If I wanted an electric SUV, I'd consider one.

I really do not understand Musk's wanting to keep Tesla's models frozen in time.  I mean, I get why you might from a production point of view, but not from a sales point of view.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I recently saw a Rivian SUV up close (one of my kid's classmates' parents has one).  It was legit.  If I wanted an electric SUV, I'd consider one.

I really do not understand Musk's wanting to keep Tesla's models frozen in time.  I mean, I get why you might from a production point of view, but not from a sales point of view.

I dont know why, but I really dislike the headlights/front end on the Rivians. Makes the entire truck/SUV look like something you would find in your little sister's Barbie Jeep collection. Give me the Ford F-150 Lightening in a heartbeat before the Tesla or Rivianb. But thats the great thing about choice....you wont be limited to this

Tesla Cybertruck - Wikipedia

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I dont know why, but I really dislike the headlights/front end on the Rivians. Makes the entire truck/SUV look like something you would find in your little sister's Barbie Jeep collection. Give me the Ford F-150 Lightening in a heartbeat before the Tesla or Rivianb. But thats the great thing about choice....you wont be limited to this

Where are you supposed to put the shovels?

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

By keeping the models the same year after year it allows them to really dial in things like fit and finish. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Thinking things through is Mosk's specialty.

image.thumb.png.3d6ac64bbd950fd02dc2facb50dbcfe4.png

X would be an extremely unlikely success even under the best of circumstances but then Mosk went and loaded it with debt the company can't pay, lost all decent employees, and burned his own reputation and the twitter brand to the ground.

image.thumb.png.6d04751384c41a7997251ed320d3e879.png

A neighbor has the Rivian truck. He loves it and it looks legit. They're not having to cut prices in order to compete. The company has amazon money and they're not going away anytime soon. Meanwhile elno is banking on subscription sales of his camera-only auto pilot. No independent expert thinks a camera-only system is a good idea. Just like they said launching a rocket without a launchpad was a similarly bad idea but mosk thinks he is all-knowing.

Today's tsla update of fsd gives the critics even more ammunition. From carbuzz:

image.thumb.png.2a789d7d73cd295494ab2dba2f3b6cd0.png

Overly gratuitous conclusion about today's release: Impressive incremental improvements but definitely not the end-to-end AI Musk promised a few months ago.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

you wont be limited to this

What's the height limit to be able to sit straight up in the back seat? Gotta be less than 4'6" feet tall?

6 minutes ago, BearMace said:

By keeping the models the same year after year it allows them to really dial in things like fit and finish. 

Using this metric (in reverse) they are numero uno, babyyyyy.

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Sure they are producing more hence the dog shit quality but at least they are doing price cuts now so the Tesla owners are getting completely cucked. 

Dear advertisers, Twitter really wants to be your partner xoxo Elon

image.thumb.png.2d2a469c37cc668fc9099dd7b6f2a321.png

Notice how the crack programming staff resolved the problem. Smooth.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/cat-dog-torture-videos-litter-twitter-adding-concerns-moderation-rcna84190

Fosters Farms, Texum aggy and Space Karen's own Neuralink are lining up to buy twitter ads on the animal torture pages.

Edited by Chopper
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

X would be an extremely unlikely success even under the best of circumstances but then Mosk went and loaded it with debt the company can't pay, lost all decent employees, and burned his own reputation and the twitter brand to the ground.

Yeah, if he doesn't understand something as relatively simple as with social media where the users are the product and the advertisers are the customers, I don't expect him to figure out how to make an all-in-one app to do everything for everybody.  Yeah, you have those apps in China and even India, but if it was easy, Facebook and Google would have done it already.  You could argue that Apple is making a very slow run at it (with them dipping their toes in banking as an example) but Apple has the money to back it up, and they are a lot more patient than Musk.

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

Musk is still going to remain in charge of product design and technology.

Can you imagine being an engineer at Twitter with Musk in charge?

panda-smash.gif

• Haha 2

Looks like Elon has aligned with Erdogan. 

This is important in advance of tomorrow’s election, but could be even more so afterward. If Erdogan loses or circumvents the election, those accounts most likely to organize and call for action or protests are already silenced. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

Also, let’s translate this into what it really means:

”We’ve decided to comply with government censorship requests in the middle of the most important Mediterranean region election in a generation. It’s important we do so, in order to make sure voters continue to have access to irrelevant news, LibsOfTikTok, and cat videos as they go to the polls.” 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Who would trust their credit card info to that hellscape?

When you consider just part of the list of what he wants to do

image.thumb.png.46088dd3594afde14ce3da8d451bd0d0.png

this is pretty funny when you think about the entrenched competition for each function (apple, google, paypal, fb, signal, telegram, stripe, block, bilt, etc etc etc) and then think about what it would take to build relationships with lessors so that they'd be willing to accept your payment method, with corporate physician groups to allow you to set medical appointments, with governments, with retailers/banks, with tv and print journalists and their corporate overlords...Space Karen couldn't even maintain successful relationships with charlatans like Matt Taibbi, Bari Weiss and Lee Fang for more than a few months, and their only interest was $$, not building their reputation. In what dystopian hellscape is a retailer going to put a sign on their front door saying, "We proudly accept X"?

Edited by Chopper

Space Karen: You can't trust Meta and Telegram! They're horrible! We'll be better!!"

Everyone else:

image.thumb.png.15d798536dbf5ec2bd2223d532e45d9b.png

Elon Musk's long-promised launch of encrypted direct messages on Twitter has arrived. Like most attempts to add end-to-end encryption to a massive existing platform—never an easy proposition—there's good, bad, and ugly. The good: Twitter has added an optional layer of security for a small subset of its users that has never existed in Twitter's 16-plus years online. As for the bad and ugly: Well, that list is quite a lot longer.

Yesterday night, Twitter announced the release of encrypted direct messages, a feature that Musk had assured users was coming from his very first days running the company. To Twitter's credit, it accompanied the new feature with an article on its help center breaking down the new feature's strengths and weaknesses with unusual transparency. And as the article points out, there are plenty of weaknesses.

In fact, the company appears to have stopped short of calling the feature "end-to-end" encrypted, the term that would mean only users on the two ends of conversations can read messages, rather than hackers, government agencies that can eavesdrop on those messages, or even Twitter itself.

"As Elon Musk said, when it comes to Direct Messages, the standard should be, if someone puts a gun to our heads, we still can’t access your messages," the help desk page reads. "We’re not quite there yet, but we’re working on it."

In fact, the description of Twitter's encrypted messaging feature that follows that initial caveat seems almost like a laundry list of the most serious flaws in every existing end-to-end encrypted messaging app, now all combined into one product—along with a few extra flaws that are all its own.

The encryption feature is opt-in, for instance, not turned on by default, a decision for which Facebook Messenger has received criticism. It explicitly doesn't prevent “man-in-the-middle” attacks that would allow Twitter to invisibly spoof users' identities and intercept messages, long considered the most serious flaw in Apple's iMessage encryption. It doesn't have the “perfect forward secrecy” feature that makes spying on users harder even after a device is temporarily compromised. It doesn't allow for group messaging or even sending photos or videos. And perhaps most seriously, it currently restricts this subpar encrypted messaging system to only the verified users messaging each other—most of whom must pay $8 a month—vastly limiting the network that might use it.

“This clearly is not better than Signal or WhatsApp or anything that uses the Signal Protocol, in terms of features, in terms of security,” says Matthew Green, a professor of computer science at Johns Hopkins University who focuses on cryptography, referring to the Signal Messenger app that's widely considered the modern standard in end-to-end encrypted calling and texting. Signal's encryption protocol is also used in both WhatsApp's encrypted-by-default communications and Facebook Messenger's opt-in encryption feature known as Secret Conversations. (Both Signal and WhatsApp are free, compared to the $8 per month for a Twitter Blue subscription that includes verification.) “You should use those things instead if you really care about security,” Green says. “And they’ll be easier because you won’t have to pay $8 a month.”

“On the positive side,” Green adds, “hey, it’s a first step, maybe it’ll get better.”

Musk has praised Signal in comments to Twitter's staff, and even said that he'd spoken with Signal's creator, Moxie Marlinspike, about similarly encrypting Twitter's DMs—a goal that Marlinspike himself shared when he briefly led Twitter's security team nearly a decade ago.

So Green—who has consulted at both WhatsApp and Facebook in their rollouts of encryption features based on Signal's protocol—was surprised to see that Twitter's encrypted messaging feature lacks so many of the positive properties of Signal and WhatsApp's end-to-end encryption. Beyond its lack of support for encrypted photos, videos, and group chats—key features of both Signal and WhatsApp—it also excludes the Signal protocol's constantly changing cryptographic keys, which are used to encrypt each message and never repeat.

That feature of Signal is what ensures “perfect forward secrecy,” the security property that if a device is somehow compromised and the private key that decrypts messages is stolen, an eavesdropper still can't spy on future messages to and from that user. “I'm a little baffled by the lack of perfect forward secrecy,” says Green. “That's a basic feature of the Signal protocol.”

Twitter writes in its help center explanation that it essentially couldn't make that feature work while preserving the ability to access DMs when the user logs in on a new device. “We don’t plan to address this limitation,” the article reads.

No plans for end-to-end encryption, despite the big talk from space karen.

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Space Karen: You can't trust Meta and Telegram! They're horrible! We'll be better!!"

Everyone else:

image.thumb.png.15d798536dbf5ec2bd2223d532e45d9b.png

No plans for end-to-end encryption, despite the big talk from space karen.

E2EE isn't even that hard of a problem to solve if you're starting from scratch. Musk bought a 15year old platform and all of the technical debt that came with it, and it turns out it's not as easy as the consultant with an MBA from McKinsey said it would be 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Understand that his fanbois have this type of thinking:

Zero trust for any and all institutions (including private entities that have developed content moderation policies, or policies on how to respond to government requests for information or to limit information)

Imfinite trust in mercurial individuals, like Elon or Trump

Don’t look for logic and reason in that thinking, you won’t find any.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?