Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

I think most HR departments would tell you to stop impregnating your subordinates, but I'd also like to think a senior executive at a brain implant operation wouldn't be such a dumbass. More and more it sounds like to be successful in Muskworld, you have to join the Cult of Elmo.
image.png.1b2556f1477c10ac614fc83d503a0589.png

Elon Musk, the visionary behind Tesla and SpaceX, is also known for his distinct approach to family, as detailed in his biography by Walter Isaacson. The book sheds light on Musk’s rationale for having multiple children with different women, emphasizing his belief in the need for intelligent people to procreate.

Shivon Zilis, a senior executive at Neuralink Corp. — a company Musk helped to establish — played a pivotal role in this narrative. Initially contemplating sperm donation for childbirth, Zilis was persuaded by Musk to consider him as the donor, a proposal that aligned with Musk’s advocacy for procreation among the intellectually inclined.

“He really wants smart people to have kids, so he encouraged me to,” Zilis said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-had-twins-top-225513548.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

I think most HR departments would tell you to stop impregnating your subordinates, but I'd also like to think a senior executive at a brain implant operation wouldn't be such a dumbass. More and more it sounds like to be successful in Muskworld, you have to join the Cult of Elmo.
image.png.1b2556f1477c10ac614fc83d503a0589.png
Elon Musk, the visionary behind Tesla and SpaceX, is also known for his distinct approach to family, as detailed in his biography by Walter Isaacson. The book sheds light on Musk’s rationale for having multiple children with different women, emphasizing his belief in the need for intelligent people to procreate.
Shivon Zilis, a senior executive at Neuralink Corp. — a company Musk helped to establish — played a pivotal role in this narrative. Initially contemplating sperm donation for childbirth, Zilis was persuaded by Musk to consider him as the donor, a proposal that aligned with Musk’s advocacy for procreation among the intellectually inclined.
“He really wants smart people to have kids, so he encouraged me to,” Zilis said.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-had-twins-top-225513548.html

HR knows where their bread is buttered. They might frown on it at best.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And Elmo can just boot journalists who say things he doesn’t like or point out his failings, but Lucasfilm can’t fire Carano over pushing dumbfuck conspiracy theories.

I was corrected by a lawyer friend. She was not fired.  Her contract through season 2 was finished when filming wrapped, and she was not given another contract, which is why when she made her Holocaust comment,  LucasFilm said she was not currently employed by them and they had no plans to employ her going forward. He said lawyers wrote the statement and it was worded the way it was for a reason.

I’m willing to bet Elmo understands the difference between a contract running out and not being renewed and somebody with an active contract being fired (happened with James Gunn) about as well as he understands what free speech is. But he gets to spend Twitter money on her.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was corrected by a lawyer friend. She was not fired.  Her contract through season 2 was finished when filming wrapped, and she was not given another contract, which is why when she made her Holocaust comment,  LucasFilm said she was not currently employed by them and they had no plans to employ her going forward. He said lawyers wrote the statement and it was worded the way it was for a reason.

I’m willing to bet Elmo understands the difference between a contract running out and not being renewed and somebody with an active contract being fired (happened with James Gunn) about as well as he understands what free speech is. But he gets to spend Twitter money on her.

Here's the lawsuit she filed https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.913921/gov.uscourts.cacd.913921.1.0.pdf

It's basically a combo of conclusory statements (stating something as fact but having no evidence) and whining about people being mean to her on twitter. Even if you don't read it, skim to about page 20 where her lawyers inserted page after page of a bunch of random tweets and a narration. Very bizarre.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Here's the lawsuit she filed https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.913921/gov.uscourts.cacd.913921.1.0.pdf

It's basically a combo of conclusory statements (stating something as fact but having no evidence) and whining about people being mean to her on twitter. Even if you don't read it, skim to about page 20 where her lawyers inserted page after page of a bunch of random tweets and a narration. Very bizarre.

Elmo finds the weirdest hills to die upon.   There’s probably been some people who were actually fired from salaried jobs or had their contracts ended early because of stupid shit they’ve said on Twitter, but it’s odd this is the one they are going to support/publicize.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I don’t get those that can’t dissociate the car with Elrod.

My GF has a model Y. I think it’s a fine car. She digs it. And I’d strap Elmo to one of his rockets if I could. So what.

Henry Ford was a nazi. Mustangs and f150s are still awesome.

I had 3 great uncles who fought in WWII; 1 was a Marine in the Pacific, the other two in Europe.  When it came to cars and/or big-ticket items they had 3 rules.  Don't buy German, don't buy Japanese, and don't buy Ford.  I didn't get the Ford angle until I got older.  

I'm not sure why Ford's "America First" days trumped the Ford company's war production contribution (which was massive) in their minds.  Those tough old fucks could hold a grudge. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, tbone_ said:

My GF has a model Y. I think it’s a fine car. She digs it. And I’d strap Elmo to one of his rockets if I could. So what.

just to be clear, Henry Ford died 17 years before the Mustang was produced and 28 years before the Ford F150 (not the F-Series) was released.

keep in mind, he turned over the Ford Motor Company's presidency to Edsel in 1918 only to come back after Edsel died in 1943.

also, much like Elon he was a true piece of shit and his legacy is of being a Nazi.

• Hook 'Em 4

Personally, I try not to spend money on products that are run/owned by Nazis and those who are Nazi-adjacent.

But, uh, more power to you (I guess??) if you can separate the owner/creator's Nazism from the product. Capitalism, baby. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I don't get those who can dissociate the car from the CEO and largest shareholders of the manufacturer. Not only that, his cars are ugly as ass from the exterior to the interior.

• Hook 'Em 6

My guess is that when you start investigating you will find more reprehensible behavior from organizations you use or cannot avoid.   Dupont's penis shrinking teflon, the chicken you eat being processed at plants where they dump fat foam in creeks,  your cereal was created to stop you from touching yourself,  your BMW which used forced jewish labor, etc.   

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, royiv said:

I don't get those who can dissociate the car from the CEO and largest shareholders of the manufacturer. Not only that, his cars are ugly as ass from the exterior to the interior.

I think they look fine.  I was just unimpressed by how stiff the suspension/ride is.   But I live in Houston, and our roads are total shit. 

Edited by Nivek

Just now, safe sex said:

100%. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism. 

But if a company is going to straight up tell me that it's owned or run by a Nazi, especially when it comes from the Nazi's own mouth, then it's a pretty easy choice to make.

If we are talking about Musk, sure.  He is and has been raised and rewarded for being a POS.   His business practice demonstrated that when he hired the guy from Mercedes to revamp their production lines, and then fired him after he completed the task in order to screw him out of the money/bonuses.  It was also apparent to anyone who knows a CEO of even a midtier size company how much work is involved, to know that it is impossible for a person to do the job for multiple organizations, that was just his hubris on display.   His move to the right was entirely predictable.  

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

My guess is that when you start investigating you will find more reprehensible behavior from organizations you use or cannot avoid.   Dupont's penis shrinking teflon, the chicken you eat being processed at plants where they dump fat foam in creeks,  your cereal was created to stop you from touching yourself,  your BMW which used forced jewish labor, etc.   

No doubt. But I can avoid Tesla so I do.

As for BMW, it's funny that you bring it up since I have two sitting in my garage and it's definitely something I've thought of, but the fact is that the two I own weren't built with forced Jewish labor since they were both built within the last six years. I also haven't heard that the CEO openly supports things that I find reprehensible. If I did, I would move on the next time I needed a new car. Lots of manufacturers out there to choose from.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, david chaum said:

An incomplete list of adversarial foreign leaders that have been interviewed by American outlets. 

Hitler

Ayatollah Khomeini

Bin Laden

Guess who's back. back again.  Disinformation Barbie is back, tell a friend. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, safe sex said:

100%. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism. 

But if a company is going to straight up tell me that it's owned or run by a Nazi, especially when it comes from the Nazi's own mouth, then it's a pretty easy choice to make.

Wait, who’s the nazi? Henry Ford? Elon?

• Fuck You 20

1 minute ago, royiv said:

No doubt. But I can avoid Tesla so I do.

As for BMW, it's funny that you bring it up since I have two sitting in my garage and it's definitely something I've thought of, but the fact is that the two I own weren't built with forced Jewish labor since they were both built within the last six years. I also haven't heard that the CEO openly supports things that I find reprehensible. If I did, I would move on the next time I needed a new car. Lots of manufacturers out there to choose from.

That was the point.  I could have wrote Mitsubishi instead. 

And Henry Ford wasn't alone in his Nazi sympathies.  To their credit, those pre-war sympathetic folks turned against them post war and after learning more about what those fucks were doing, or at least, they no longer openly supported it and many of those groups lost their open audience.  Here is a nice article, if slightly tangential. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Look at our own Surly Horns.  We give $3.50/month to those degens and God knows what kinda twisted stuff they use it for.

Elmo is paying Gina Carano's legal fees in her wrongful termination lawsuit against Disney:

https://deadline.com/2024/02/gina-carano-sues-disney-mandalorian-1235816821/

When it comes to fired The Mandalorian actress Gina Carano and Elon Musk, revenge against the Walt Disney Company is served piping hot, even if it takes a bit of time and tries to snare Pedro Pascal and Mark Hamill.

Three years after ex-MMA fighter Carano was axed by the then Bob Chapek-run Disney for comparing the political climate in America to Nazi Germany, Carano on Tuesday sued Disney and Star Wars shingle Lucasfilm for dropping her from the bounty-hunter series – and the X/Tesla owner is paying for her lawyers.

“A short time ago in a galaxy not so far away, Defendants made it clear that only one orthodoxy in thought, speech, or action was acceptable in their empire, and that those who dared to question or failed to fully comply would not be tolerated,” reads the complaint seeking a jury trial filed this morning in federal court says. “And so it was with Carano.”

“The rule of law still reigns over the Defendants’ empire … and Carano has returned to demand that they be held accountable for their bullying, discriminatory, and retaliatory actions — actions that inflicted not only substantial emotional harm, but millions of dollars in lost income,” adds the suit, which alleges wrongful discharge and sex discrimination.

On February 21, 2021, not long after the second season of The Mandalorian co-starring Carano had concluded on Disney+, Lucasfilm put out a scathing statement on its business with the actress: “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

With the suit, Carano and her lawyers are hoping to call out Disney and Lucasfilm for reneging on a deal and sacrificing free speech.

“In addition to terminating her, Defendants refused to hire her for roles already promised, including but not limited to Season 3 of The Mandalorian, the new series Rangers of the New Republic, and planned future Stars Wars full length feature films (which have recently been announced) — all because of her political beliefs and in disparate treatment from her male co-workers,” the complaint asserts.

Read Gina Carano’s lawsuit against Disney, Lucasfilm and Huckleberry Industries over her The Mandalorian firing here.

The openly conservative Carano is also seeking to paint the now Bob Iger-run Disney as having a sexist double standard. “Defendants also discriminated against Carano by treating her differently from her male co-stars who also made public, political statements on social media,” the suit says. “Her male co-stars were not disciplined, let alone terminated in a way to destroy their careers even though some would find their statements ‘abhorrent.’ “

To that point, the suit spotlights posts and statements by Mandalorian lead Pedro Pascal and Luke Skywalker himself (and Mandalorian Season 2 finale guest) Mark Hamill regarding Donald Trump and the former president’s policies being like those of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis. In language similar to the references to Pascal, Carano’s suit says “Defendants did not comment on, let alone publicly condemn Hamill’s social media comments.” 

Seeking a slew of damages and a court order to get back her Mandalorian role of Rebel ranger Cara Dune, Carano took to social media today to amplify her long-delayed legal move. Claiming her “words were consistently twisted to demonize & dehumanize me as an alt right wing extremist,” the ex-UTA represented actress (the agency dropped her not long after Disney/Lucasfilm did in February 2021) also revealed that Musk is playing for her.

Disney has not replied to Deadline’s request for comment on Carano’s Musk-backed suit. If and when the Mouse House does, this post will be updated.

Musk’s team was quick to confirm its financial support of Carano and stick the shiv in Disney’s side.

“As a sign of X Corp.’s commitment to free speech, we’re proud to provide financial support for Gina Carano’s lawsuit, empowering her to seek vindication of her free speech rights on X and the ability to work without bullying, harassment, or discrimination,” read a statement released today by the Musk-owned social media platform’s head of business operations Joe Benarroch.

Of course, coming off a big defeat in federal court in Florida last week in its now-appealed free speech lawsuit against Gov. Ron DeSantis, Disney may not recognize the irony at play here. It may also wonder if Musk’s deep pockets for Carano has something to do with Disney joining other corporations to pause its advertising on X in November after the Tesla kingpin retweeted a distinctly antisemitic post.

With Iger sitting nearby, Musk lashed out at Disney and others for the ad boycott at a November 29, 2023 high-profile media conference. “Somebody’s going to try to blackmail me with advertising?” Musk responded after being a question from moderator Andrew Ross Sorkin on the situation. “Blackmail me with money? Go f*ck yourself. Go. F*ck. Yourself. Is that clear? I hope it is.”

“Hey, Bob, if you’re here in the audience,” Musk made a point of adding to Iger, who was there. “Sorry, that’s how I feel.”

Taking a swing at Chapek’s “failed leadership as Disney’s CEO” and accusation of the actress being opposed to trans rights and pronouns, the Black Lives Matter movement, Covid protocols and more, Carano’s Schaerr Jaffe attorneys have framed their client’s controversy and eventually pink-slipping as the consequence of her refusal to be bullied.

Carano claims that even before the Mandalorian firing, she was under constant pressure from Disney to “continue with her ‘re-education’ program,’ ” make “a public apology,” which never happened, and sit with two GLAAD representatives, among other missives. Carano further alleges that in late 2020, Disney/Lucasfilm “communicated to Carano’s publicist that they were going to require Carano to participate in a Zoom call with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and 45 employees who identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, going so far as to say that her willingness to endure such harassment and humiliation was a ‘litmus test’ for her.”

That virtual meeting never occurred, though Carano’s filing says she did offer to take some of those employees out to dinner – an offer that was rebuffed.

While Carano objects to being portrayed as an extremist, it should be noted that one of her first moves after being fired by Disney in 2021 was to jump into Terror on the Prairie. Carano is producing the feature with Ben Shapiro and film director Jeremy Boreing’s conservative media company The Daily Wire. In November 2021, Carano went online to announce she has joined the First Family biopic My Son Hunter from director Robert Davi. Distributed by Brietbart News, the Biden family flick with co-star Lawrence Fox was released in September 2022.

Last week, Carano took to Instagram soon after the death of Carl Weathers was made public, revealing the Rocky legend and her Mandalorian co-star/director called her up after Disney fired her to tell her he “didn’t want me to give up, he was letting me know that he wasn’t throwing me away, he was trying to keep my hope alive in what seemed like a quite hopeless scenario, he showed me he cared. That is who he was.”

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It's funny, there's a Telsa owner at my gym with the license plate "PFFT GAS" and they just added a bumper sticker that says "I bough this Telsa before I knew Elon was nuts" 

Neighbor? I've seen that same car a couple of times.

• Hook 'Em 2

I've always heard old school Jews refer to Mercedes and BMW's as "Nazi Sleds": https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nazi sled

I also know people who refuse to buy Mitsubishi due to their direct involvement (manufacturing and deployment) of kamikaze bombers in WWII.

You gotta pick and choose your ethical lines to cross, I guess. 

24 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Would The Mouse just saying "Look we fired her ass because she fucking sucks as an actress. She can't fucking act. Evidence? You want evidence? Have you watched the episodes she was in?" be a viable defense?

Her contract was up and not renewed. She has no case 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Would The Mouse just saying "Look we fired her ass because she fucking sucks as an actress. She can't fucking act. Evidence? You want evidence? Have you watched the episodes she was in?" be a viable defense?

Thing is - she wasn't "fired". Her contract for her role in the Mandalorian finished, and mouse chose not to give her a new contract for another role. This is more boo-hoo performative victimhood

• Hook 'Em 4

35 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Thing is - she wasn't "fired". Her contract for her role in the Mandalorian finished, and mouse chose not to give her a new contract for another role. This is more boo-hoo performative victimhood

Bingo.  Nobody is obligated to enter into a personal services contract with another person.  There could be some NARROW exception (maybe -- truly, not my area of law) if the reason was openly racially discriminatory (say, a building solicited bids from painting contractors, but said "no black people need submit bids").  But when it comes to the unique services that an actor and personality provides, the reason of "you aren't good for our brand" should be more than sufficient to overcome any complaint.  It's why, the next time they put out a casting call for the next Bond girl, and I submit my application as an unattractive 50+ yr old male, I won't have any basis for a claim when the producers decline to enter into an acting services contract with me.

Disney concluded that its target audience didn't want to see Gina Carano in their productions anymore.  Yes, it was based on some shitty things she said.  And yes, there are shitty things that other people could say that would NOT alienate Disney's target audience, so Disney wouldn't care.  That's life.  Being a fucking asshole can cost you a job opportunity in a business where "being likable" is a fucking core element of the job.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo.  Nobody is obligated to enter into a personal services contract with another person.  There could be some NARROW exception (maybe -- truly, not my area of law) if the reason was openly racially discriminatory (say, a building solicited bids from painting contractors, but said "no black people need submit bids").  But when it comes to the unique services that an actor and personality provides, the reason of "you aren't good for our brand" should be more than sufficient to overcome any complaint.  It's why, the next time they put out a casting call for the next Bond girl, and I submit my application as an unattractive 50+ yr old male, I won't have any basis for a claim when the producers decline to enter into an acting services contract with me.

Disney concluded that its target audience didn't want to see Gina Carano in their productions anymore.  Yes, it was based on some shitty things she said.  And yes, there are shitty things that other people could say that would NOT alienate Disney's target audience, so Disney wouldn't care.  That's life.  Being a fucking asshole can cost you a job opportunity in a business where "being likable" is a fucking core element of the job.

Also the obvious part where Disney is not the government - they can fire her or terminate a contract or not renew her for whatever reason they want that isn't discriminatory against race, class, gender, disability or sexuality.  Isn't this the fundamentals of "right to work" that these fucking morons champion? 

Being a stupid fucking moron is not a disability. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

I've always heard old school Jews refer to Mercedes and BMW's as "Nazi Sleds": https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nazi sled

I also know people who refuse to buy Mitsubishi due to their direct involvement (manufacturing and deployment) of kamikaze bombers in WWII.

You gotta pick and choose your ethical lines to cross, I guess. 

In case anyone needs help comparing BMW v Tesla. I have an easy trick 

Did the company owners PREVIOUSLY support Nazis/White Supremacy or CURRENTLY supports Nazis/White Supremacy?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2