Texas (-2.5) vs ISU- 7pm on LHN

shadow_operative

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I like the years where they come to Austin with a good team and get their teeth kicked in, like the tinsley and fredie Williams game or the game where Maurice Evans went ham.  Let’s do that again. 

Yeah, I mean that's what happens more often than not.  Off the top of my head I can only remember 2 wins in Austin.  2005 and 2015.  Better ISU teams lost in Austin than either of those.

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

All 5 remaining home games are must wins. If we drop a home game we’ll need to pull off a big road upset 

Home:

ISU
WV
KSU
OSU
OU

Road:

UH
KU
Tech
Baylor

Scary, but not impossible to go 5-4 there. I hope we don't live to regret blowing the UCF game at home or the WV game in Morgantown. 

5-4 gets us to 9-9 (20-11) regardless of Big 12 tournament
4-5 gets us to 8-10, which probably gets us in (19-12) if we win 1 Big 12 tournament game

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

All 5 remaining home games are must wins. If we drop a home game we’ll need to pull off a big road upset 

We've already kicked the shit out of two teams in games that we went into as road dogs. 

We also made UCONN sweat at a neutral site (which was a virtual road game).

There aren't any "must win" games - just need to find a way to get to 9-9 or so.

Edited by ztejas

I think 8-10 gets us in regardless of the Big 12 tournament considering our Q1 wins so far, but if stuff gets crazy on the bubble then maybe we are sweating slightly. 

For reference, TCU went 8-10 in 2021-2022 with a non conference SOS very similar to ours this year. They got a 9 seed.

• Hook 'Em 2

Massey has us with a 59% chance of winning tonight.  Projecting 70 to 67, good guys.

As an aside, Massey has us finishing the year with 4.8 wins, 4.2 losses (by adding the probabilities).  Or 5-4 if we win when we are favorites. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, I mean that's what happens more often than not.  Off the top of my head I can only remember 2 wins in Austin.  2005 and 2015.  Better ISU teams lost in Austin than either of those.

Was 2005 the year it went to OT and you guys scored like 40 in 5 minutes?

10 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yep, you are 2-19 on the road versus Texas

I guess maybe we could schedule you in 2025 to keep the every 10 year ISU win in Austin going?

Tyrese is a 50 pound anchor around this team's neck. He's 0/4 with 1 assist and 0s across the stat sheet. 

I want anyone blaming Terry for fucking anything to acknowledge how useless this guy is for massive stretches.*

*A junior guard that Beard recruited, btw

Edited by ztejas