Texas Primaries

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

I’m not ready to be glass half full on anything but usually the more extreme the GOP gets, the more appealing a Democratic candidate might be.  It probably has to happen this way to get to the other side. 

What part of Ted cruz, dan Patrick, Ken Paxton, etc isn’t extreme enough for you

• Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

The pro-voucher candidate for my state rep, Shofner, is crushing incumbent Travis Clardy so far. Just fucking great. 

I tried a couple of cases against Clardy and I can’t imagine what someone more conservative than him could look like. 

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

For those of us not as well versed, are any of these new MAGA lunatics in districts that could potentially be in play in the general?

No, which is why I voted in the R primary. See Stucky vs Hopper. Mays siphoned off enough to probably send it to a runoff. Same with Phelan. Both primaries are going to be the general election in outcome.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Public education and the rule of law going bye bye. 

I hope some of these rural areas get truly fucked by this because they deserve it.  They want to fuck around and vote for Abbott’s people,  they should pay the price and watch money siphoned from their public schools to private for-profit schools hundreds of miles away.  They should watch their public schools suffer, and not be surprised if more and more young families move away as a result.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Is this even remotely apples to apples though?

Outside of Biden, I haven’t heard of a single Dem on the ballot other than Phillips and that’s only because he was the only me to raise his hand and try to do something when Biden wasn’t on the ballot in NH

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

To be fair, one will be heading to a runoff. But still, this is like whe Uvalde went overwhelmingly for Abbott.

This place isn't going to get better. I've lost hope.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Outside of Biden, I haven’t heard of a single Dem on the ballot other than Phillips and that’s only because he was the only me to raise his hand and try to do something when Biden wasn’t on the ballot in NH

Shows that there isn’t much of a protest vote, unlike with Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

To be fair, one will be heading to a runoff. But still, this is like whe Uvalde went overwhelmingly for Abbott.

This place isn't going to get better. I've lost hope.

Are we all going by our Surly handles when we get to the camps? It’s the logical next step. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Democrats in coherence: why that's bad for Biden.

- NYT, probably

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I don't understand. I'm a 6th generation Texan. How did we get here? Why are we so stupid that we vote against our own interests? I don't get it at all.

Let them destroy the state. Maybe then they will learn. 

Republicans don't stand for anything other than supporting their team. They aren't a serious party. They don't know how nor do they have any interest in governing. When we don't hold people accountable, you wind up with a shitty state run by idiots.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Dark night for the state… Shelley fuckin Luther lost by 17 pts two yrs ago and got the w tonight. That sums it up. 

Edited by bluto
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I don't understand. I'm a 6th generation Texan. How did we get here?

It’s actually not that hard to understand-there are tons of folks with money besides a couple of oil billionaires and that live in Texas.  Unfortunately, they don’t appear to be invested in running the state with the exception of Charles Butt. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

Dark night for the state… Shelley fuckin Luther lost by 17 pts two yrs ago and got the w tonight. That sums it up. 

Is that the fucking haircutter from one of the hellhole north DFW suburbs?

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

It’s actually not that hard to understand-there are tons of folks with money besides a couple of oil billionaires and that live in Texas.  Unfortunately, they don’t appear to be invested in running the state with the exception of Charles Butt. 

But that's what I don't understand. The more money you have, the more you should be interested in running the state the correct way. So you know, you keep making money. But these fuckers are hellbent on destroying everything...

• Like 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

What if this is what Texas has always been?

Nah, this is a different kind of stupid. We used to be common sense based, hold people accountable, and do what's right kind of people.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think it’s time to leave. Texas is a shithole. 

I'm always fairly moderate and split-ticket. A lot of folks here don't like that but I have one SS# like the rest of you and can vote for whoever the fuck I want. 

I voted dem last election for gov, lt and attorney because of abortion rights (and general incompetence, but mainly abortion).

I voted dem in the primary tonight because I think Austin's SanFranesque far-left DA is a fucking piece of shit and wanted to vote against him. Also I want someone worth a shit to challenge Cruz.

In the process I wasn't able to vote against a lot of the dumbass GOP props that were on the other ballot.

So, in short, yes, this state's politics are absolutely ridiculous. I live in a horribly governed left-embracing city surrounded by a bunch of evangelical, rights-denying right-wing nutjobs. 

I mean I'd like to quit drinking, but, it's tough. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Abbott and Paxton get some of these incumbents booted out, I can’t imagine how bad things will get in Texas.  They will destroy this state because some billionaires told them to.

Uh yeah, I'd like to see Texas/OU and the State Fair. I'd also like to see ACL and SXSW. How much time do I have, before I have to completely wall off Texas like I have Oklahoma and much of the south? 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Let’s make it so.

And yeah, in Travis county, I just checked a box selecting which primary I was voting in (being that the Monster Raving Looney party has no presence here, I voted in the Democratic primary).

I'm in the Gerrymandered part of North Travis County and my Congressperson, State Rep, and State Senator are all R.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Nah, this is a different kind of stupid. We used to be common sense based, hold people accountable, and do what's right kind of people.

I think they consider all of these things "woke" now.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, hookem2010 said:

thor-really.gif

We used to do things that mattered like hold lynchings and send retards to the chair. 

God dammit, we used to stand for shit.

• Like 2

Anyone have a good realtor in western Montana, preferably Kalispell/Whitefish/Columbia Falls area?
want to begin exploring options, especially if today’s high portends some May-October fun

Well, it will at least be prettier than most parts of Texas. But the politics will be exactly the same.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2