Texas (+6.5) vs Tennessee - Saturday at 7pm on CBS

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

That game was there for the taking but we had terrible execution and a piss poor offensive game plan... in our most important game of the season. Like usual, your final game is usually a microcosm of your season and today it was again. Weaver was the only player worth a shit, the rest let us down. Sad

Agreed. We just couldn’t put it all together. Like 90% of the season 

I feel bad for Disu but man he stretches of such bad shooting 

Just now, TejasPedro said:

Charles Barkley is now making sense?

What did he say?

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Missed shots and TOs happen. This is college basketball. Having a fucking goon give up 5 points for no reason is unacceptable. You’re talking about basketball mistakes vs a player thinking he’s in WWE

I'm not going to beat the dead horse but "missed shots" is different than jacking up ill advised 3 pointers when you're already in the bonus, and not being able -- repeatedly -- to execute an inbounds pass.

Yeah, both are awful but one is a systemic issue by multiple players throughout the whole game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Michael Knight said:

I would give Terry credit for this except he did it against the worst coach in the tournament and still fucked it

Stop saying this dumb shit. Barnes been to the final four and elite 8 twice. He’s definitely not the worse coach in the tourney

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, gofuckyourself said:

I'm not going to beat the dead horse but "missed shots" is different than jacking up ill advised 3 pointers when you're already in the bonus, and not being able -- repeatedly -- to execute an inbounds pass.

Yeah, both are awful but one is a systemic issue by multiple players throughout the whole game.

And that all still involves playing the fucking game. Brock is out there playing a different sport and it cost us 5 points in a tournament game. That shit cannot happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, A’Dam Psycho said:

Stop saying this dumb shit. Barnes been to the final four and elite 8 twice. He’s definitely not the worse coach in the tourney

Yeah the Virginia coach holds that distinction. 

I’m not a fan of Terry, but dang this roster is terrible. Him keeping them in this game is a miracle. 

That abmas off balance three pointer with 20 seconds left rather than a drive and attempt to draw a foul was piss poor play calling or pure shit if the 5th year player decided to ad lib there … either way stupidity
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Shaka has been to the final 4. Barnes is not the same coach he was 20 years ago

Edited by Michael Knight

5 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

Agreed. We just couldn’t put it all together. Like 90% of the season 

I feel bad for Disu but man he stretches of such bad shooting 

What did he say?

we needed to take the ball to the hole and not try a corner fadeaway 3 with 8 seconds left.

that play hadn't worked all night and we ran it anyway.  they knew it was coming.  there were 2 guys chasing Abmas.

The defender out top was sagging off Abmas had he faked a drive he would have had a wide open 3 from the top of the circle if we wanted a 3.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Didn’t both big prospects say that they would leave if we didn’t keep RT?  And then left anyway?

Who cares what they “said”. In the world we live in today today what people say publicly doesn’t necessarily reflect what they’re thinking privately

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

Part of me wants to give Terry credit for being in the game at the end and part of me realizes we shot 12 FT's in the entire game while being in the Bonus for the last 10 minutes of the game.  

Give that credit to Weaver. The guy Terry didnt even start. The guy Terry kept out of the game for the final 3 minutes. The guy that helped turn our season around when we were looking dead. RT better go to sleep tonight and thank his guardian angel Weaver.

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, gofuckyourself said:

No, the loss was one play by Brock 🙄

No one said it was. But when there are fine margins, mental mistakes are bigger problems. Having an undisciplined player giving free points is how you give up chances to win. 

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

Part of me wants to give Terry credit for being in the game at the end and part of me realizes we shot 12 FT's in the entire game while being in the Bonus for the last 10 minutes of the game.  

Yes. This. So many chances to drive to the rim and we just wouldn’t 

6 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

When they had to take out the one big dude with four fouls and about 8:00 left I posted we needed to drive the basket and take it straight at yabba dabba Aidoo and draw fouls on him.  I think he had 3 or 4 his own self.

Corch Barnes would have been really puckered if he had to play without both of them.  Granted you put your best players back in with 4:00 or so no matter how many fouls they have and hope for the best; but we had a good 3-4 minute stretch where we could have put them at a big disadvantage inside and did jack shit to exploit it.

• Pancho unpinned this topic