2024 NCAA Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight Games

LTtxfan

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I guess you can never call a Sweet 16 a disappointment but Shaka was gifted a path to the Elite 8. 

15 seed, 10 seed, and 11 seed. 

I guess he earned the #2 seed but its all so predictable.  dude is probably the luckiest coach alive.  10's of millions of dollars off one final four run. 13 years ago.

Marquette will extend him.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that’s the thing about shaka- it’s all too predictable, down to the very manner in which his team will lose.

It's very predictable with Shaka. All 3 of his wins in the tournament at Marquette are against double digit seeds. 

He's just a bad tournament coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Gonzaga was a fraud this season. Got way too much love for beatng a garbage Kansas team. It was a one of Few's more mediocre teams and it was front and center tonight.

Agreed. I watched a couple of their games and did not see what we had seen in the recent past.

I thought Gonzaga only had a 7 man rotation for this game as someone got left in Spokane. That won’t work vs Purdue 

If UH gets by Duke (which I suspect they will) they better take NC State seriously as they have some dudes 

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I think 4/35 from 3 for Marquette 

4-31 (12.9%).🤣🤣🤣🤣

But Shaka-ball keeps shooting the 3. As always in the tournament, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with another brilliant game plan. I swear if that dude’s name was John Smith he would be making $7.45 an hour at WalMart. 

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Gonzaga was a fraud this season. Got way too much love for beatng a garbage Kansas team. It was a one of Few's more mediocre teams and it was front and center tonight.

Fraud implies they were fooling people, I think everyone knew this wasn't that great of a Gonzaga team.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I thought Gonzaga only had a 7 man rotation for this game as someone got left in Spokane. That won’t work vs Purdue 

If UH gets by Duke (which I suspect they will) they better take NC State seriously as they have some dudes 

the extra tournament TO's really help NCST.  Houston is gonna try to tire out the big dude but there are so many stoppages he can catch his breath.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

4-31 (12.9%).🤣🤣🤣🤣

But Shaka-ball keeps shooting the 3. As always in the tournament, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with another brilliant game plan. I swear if that dude’s name was John Smith he would be making $7.45 an hour at WalMart. 

1/11 in the second half. Missed the first 10 before Kolak hit one with under four to play. I guess the halftime talk was, “keep shooting threes”.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Haha 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic