Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Macklemore said:

Espada doesn’t do the bare minimum that a manager should do: confront the umps when necessary regarding balls and strikes, stick up for your players in the media and challenge calls when it’s clear as day the umps are wrong. He is way too passive and even keeled to be a successful manager.

He’s a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Espada doesn’t do the bare minimum that a manager should do: confront the umps when necessary regarding balls and strikes, stick up for your players in the media and challenge calls when it’s clear as day the umps are wrong. He is way too passive and even keeled to be a successful manager.

And watching him do none of that is frustrating as fuck!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Home games are fun again, got 5 memorial day cups from Brooke.   Lets trade Chas.  Fat Valdez is best Valdez.  I knew we would win when Valdez gave up the first hit and didn't turn and heave and just accepted it. 

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

First off… Fuck you for posting a video of an AJ Pierzynski take.  

Secondly… Double fuck you for posting a video of an AJ Pierzynski take that I agree with.  

AJs always been a douche, but he's also often correct from a baseball perspective, just says it in a douchey way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

First off… Fuck you for posting a video of an AJ Pierzynski take.  

Secondly… Double fuck you for posting a video of an AJ Pierzynski take that I agree with.  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

So do we add a pitcher today? Which Triple A gas can do we promote? I assume Mushinski. 

Can't replace a suspended pitcher on the roster.  Astros are an arm short for the next 9 days.

49 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

So do we add a pitcher today? Which Triple A gas can do we promote? I assume Mushinski. 

I am still not sure the rules, whether on a 25 man roster they could option a position player (Kessinger or Cabbage) to bring up a pitcher.  But if not, their options are:

Proceed with a 5 man rotation for 9 more games and be down a man in the bullpen.  This could spell disaster if Arrighetti or Javier or Brown has another start where they last less than 4 innings.

Option Hunter Brown after his next start and call up Mushinski, who could then be optioned in 4 days to bring up Urquidy early or Henley for one start in Brown’s place.  This could only work if Urquidy is stretched out to 60+ pitches or if they are confident Henley won’t have full blown AIDS like he did in his last start.

Option Martinez today and then rotate Mushinski, Speas, Henley, and Coleman for the next 8 games to ensure there’s always at least one fresh low leverage arm in the pen.  This is probably what I’d do even though it’s unfair to Martinez.

13 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I am still not sure the rules, whether on a 25 man roster they could option a position player (Kessinger or Cabbage) to bring up a pitcher.  But if not, their options are:

Proceed with a 5 man rotation for 9 more games and be down a man in the bullpen.  This could spell disaster if Arrighetti or Javier or Brown has another start where they last less than 4 innings.

Option Hunter Brown after his next start and call up Mushinski, who could then be optioned in 4 days to bring up Urquidy early or Henley for one start in Brown’s place.  This could only work if Urquidy is stretched out to 60+ pitches or if they are confident Henley won’t have full blown AIDS like he did in his last start.

Option Martinez today and then rotate Mushinski, Speas, Henley, and Coleman for the next 8 games to ensure there’s always at least one fresh low leverage arm in the pen.  This is probably what I’d do even though it’s unfair to Martinez.

I heard someone on an Astros broadcast or on the X say that they can have 13 pitchers on 25 and will be down a position player. I assume Cabbage will go down. He’s kind of redundant as a LH OF/1B. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Can't replace a suspended pitcher on the roster.  Astros are an arm short for the next 9 days.

Makes sense but I heard or saw that they could go down a position player and bring up a pitcher. But I don’t remember who said it so take that as I don’t know shit