Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Joe Espada confirmed that Spencer Arrighetti will make his major-league debut tomorrow. Hunter Brown will pitch Thursday and J.P. France will go Friday. Everyone pushed back a day.
So a Ronel no hitter on my bday? Down
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Wake up, smell the coffee and open your eyes. This team is not the same one we fell in love with the past 7 years. It still has quality pieces but has been wrecked by the last 2 managers, current GM and ownership. This team will be lucky to win 85 games.

Ownership has four pennants and two championships.

Jim Crane gets the benefit of the doubt and will for quite some time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Ownership has four pennants and two championships.

Jim Crane gets the benefit of the doubt and will for quite some time.

He was the beneficiary of Jeff Luhnow’s greatness. The goat 🐐 gets all the credit. Crane’s ownership trajectory is mirroring Jerry Jones. For our sake, I hope he sells the team, otherwise, will be in the wilderness for 30+ years. Crane has closed the championship window shut with his decisions. He can go fuck himself.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

He was the beneficiary of Jeff Luhnow’s greatness. The goat 🐐 gets all the credit. Crane’s ownership trajectory is mirroring Jerry Jones. For our sake, I hope he sells the team, otherwise, will be in the wilderness for 30+ years. Crane has closed the championship window shut with his decisions. He can go fuck himself.

There are no championships without Jim Crane. Be grateful.

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

There are no championships without Jim Crane. Be grateful.

He hired Luhnow. That’s the extent of the credit he has earned. Just like Jerry with Jimmy. We have seen how the latter has fared without the architect of greatness for 30 years now. I don’t trust Crane one damn bit.

Edited by Macklemore

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

He hired Luhnow. That’s the extent of the credit he has earned. Just like Jerry with Jimmy. We have seen how the latter has fared without the architect of greatness for 30 years now. I don’t trust Crane for one damn bit.

It's been one season. A season in which we were a win away from another pennant.

Chill.

40 minutes ago, Scraps said:
41 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:
Joe Espada confirmed that Spencer Arrighetti will make his major-league debut tomorrow. Hunter Brown will pitch Thursday and J.P. France will go Friday. Everyone pushed back a day.

So a Ronel no hitter on my bday? Down

Damn you.

have tickets for my first game this season on Friday and had been excited to see Ronel (although he’s probably due to get rocked facing the same team in less than a week). But getting JP instead, big yawn.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hope his nerves /mechanics are calmer than Henley.

everytime I saw him this spring training his stuff had ridiculous movement but he struggled to control it…and judging by his 7 BBs in 8.1 so far for sugarland, looks like he hasn’t dialed that in since camp broke.

Still can’t score runs consistently is the problem. Bullpen shouldn’t even be I. That spot when you have 14 hits. But it is who we are. Gonna be a long season if we don’t figure out the whole scoring runs consistently thing and then when we don’t and have a lead how to not blow it. 

9 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Wake up, smell the coffee and open your eyes. This team is not the same one we fell in love with the past 7 years. It still has quality pieces but has been wrecked by the last 2 managers, current GM and ownership. This team will be lucky to win 85 games.

It's Dusty's fault that 6 starting pitchers are out right now. Got it.

9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Hope his nerves /mechanics are calmer than Henley.

everytime I saw him this spring training his stuff had ridiculous movement but he struggled to control it…and judging by his 7 BBs in 8.1 so far for sugarland, looks like he hasn’t dialed that in since camp broke.

He's probably not gonna be ready. He's not supposed to be up. 5 pitchers down will do that. 

15 minutes ago, Slacks said:

It's Dusty's fault that 6 starting pitchers are out right now. Got it.

Just now, Slacks said:

He's probably not gonna be ready. He's not supposed to be up. 5 pitchers down will do that. 

I can't even keep count... Does LMJ still count?

LMJ, Verlander. Valdez,. Urquidy., Garcia...

Who am I missing?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

He ran em into the ground duh 

Yeah,too much winning isn't good for the kids...Probably should have avoided all those extra games at the end of the year. Can't believe how many playoff series weren't sweeps.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Espada is in over his head and he reeks of Dusty. Our GM is a useless, powerless yes man. I see nothing that gives me reason to believe either one of them know how to fix 1B or our shitty bench. 

The good news is it’s probably not a hard fix and you just call up Loperfido in May/June if it doesn’t fix itself.  Probably. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yeah that blows, but still  cheaper than parking in the lots.  Only problem would be is if they enforce the dumbass 3 hr time limit shit.   I make sure right now I park at those meters that don't have the "3 hr time limit" sign so not sure how strict they are on that currently or not.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah that blows, but still  cheaper than parking in the lots.  Only problem would be is if they enforce the dumbass 3 hr time limit shit.   I make sure right now I park at those meters that don't have the "3 hr time limit" sign so not sure how strict they are on that currently or not.  

Care to share where some of those might be? Headed to a game next week and despise paying for parking. #oldguy

And if I do park in a free 3 hour max lot , I’m good as long as I get there after 3? No charge currently after 6?

38 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Easy to extend in the Park Houston app

I'm not panicking, but not liking what I've seen so far in '24.  No one could have foreseen that Abreu would turn into a pumpkin.  He's been absolutely terrible.  Also could not have foreseen all of the injuries to SP.  We need to plug the hole at 1B and get our guys back and we'll be fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

No street parking is free at meters except on Sundays and Holidays.  Contrary to popular belief there are meters in downtown that are not even free on Sundays.  I found that out the hard way.  The signage on those is different and says "Mon-Sun 3 Hr Max 24 Hour"  Only place I ran into those was down Commerce once you get past Austin St. 

So you have 3 different signs - 

- Mon-Sun 3 HR Max 24 Hour -  stay the fuck away from these

- Mon- Sat 3 HR Max -  As of now these are free after 6pm/Sundays/Holidays  I tend to stay away from these if I am there before 3 pm because I don't want to fuck around and find out if they fine you if you are over 3 hours etc.   My problem with this sign is the verbiage.  If you extend like Putt is saying then why even have the 3 hr time limit posted.  If you are able to extend then its not a Max time limit and you could extend another 3 hours etc. which makes no fucking sense and like I said I just don't fuck with them because I know if I end up with a ticket that shit ain't getting overturned because well... government.  You can find these all around the ballpark towards the NW (Franklin/Commerce/Labranch/Austin area) 

- Metered Parking Mon-Sat -  These are the ones I look out for, especially if I arrive before 3pm.  Just max the meter out and you are good until 5:59pm and then it is free after 6.   I don't have a 3HR time limit sign so I never worry about sitting in those for 6+ hours if need be.  You can find these in EADO but your vehicle might get broken into so do not leave anything that looks like it can hold a firearm or shit worth anything in view.  (Also found this out a few years ago the hard one by being away from my car for less than 3 hours and came back to a busted back window because I had a little box on my back floorboard for work that someone thought would have shit in it and it did not)

Parking talk 

• Hook 'Em 1

No street parking is free at meters except on Sundays and Holidays.  Contrary to popular belief there are meters in downtown that are not even free on Sundays.  I found that out the hard way.  The signage on those is different and says "Mon-Sun 3 Hr Max 24 Hour"  Only place I ran into those was down Commerce once you get past Austin St. 
So you have 3 different signs - 
 - Mon-Sun 3 HR Max 24 Hour -  stay the fuck away from these
- Mon- Sat 3 HR Max -  As of now these are free after 6pm/Sundays/Holidays  I tend to stay away from these if I am there before 3 pm because I don't want to fuck around and find out if they fine you if you are over 3 hours etc.   My problem with this sign is the verbiage.  If you extend like Putt is saying then why even have the 3 hr time limit posted.  If you are able to extend then its not a Max time limit and you could extend another 3 hours etc. which makes no fucking sense and like I said I just don't fuck with them because I know if I end up with a ticket that shit ain't getting overturned because well... government.  You can find these all around the ballpark towards the NW (Franklin/Commerce/Labranch/Austin area) 
- Metered Parking Mon-Sat -  These are the ones I look out for, especially if I arrive before 3pm.  Just max the meter out and you are good until 5:59pm and then it is free after 6.   I don't have a 3HR time limit sign so I never worry about sitting in those for 6+ hours if need be.  You can find these in EADO but your vehicle might get broken into so do not leave anything that looks like it can hold a firearm or shit worth anything in view.  (Also found this out a few years ago the hard one by being away from my car for less than 3 hours and came back to a busted back window because I had a little box on my back floorboard for work that someone thought would have shit in it and it did not)

Parking talk 

Jesus, that’s more depressing than our pitching woes. Thanks though.
  • Like 1