Kwame Cavil named Waco HS head coach

Machinator

50 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I wonder if he decides to tell us next year on the 20th anniversary of the incident, what the hell actually happened the days before the Cotton Bowl game

College buddy tells me he's got an extra ticket to the game.  Like an idiot, I make the logical assumption that he's a Texas fan like every single other person I know.  Fuck me for not asking, but it's only when we get into Dallas that he informs me that the tickets are in the Arkansas section.  And it's only after the game starts that I realize he's a retarded Arkansas fan and spends the entire game doing that godawful woo pig sui yell they do.  That was seriously one of the worst experiences of my life.  I simultaneously wanted to die and to kill every person within a 20 yard radius of me.

To quote Miracle Max:  "Thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?"

Edited by TriStone

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I wonder if he decides to tell us next year on the 20th anniversary of the incident, what the hell actually happened the days before the Cotton Bowl game

didnt some one drive a car through the entrance of a building on the drag ? on one of the corners ? possibly tower records . i vaguely remember something along those lines 

1 minute ago, mr.goodkat said:

didnt some one drive a car through the entrance of a building on the drag ? on one of the corners ? possibly tower records . i vaguely remember something along those lines 

I think that was a few years earlier and it was Adams and Pinkney and it was through Third Eye Photography

Kwame was nails in that 99 season. Had he come back and gotten 75 reveptions he'd be our all time receptions leader above Jordan Shipley. 

Checking the stats, I had no idea Jaxon Shipley was 3rd all time in receptions. Somehow I don't remember him being that prolific. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Longhorns_football_statistical_leaders

Edited by BillyBadAss

8 hours ago, BillyBadAss said:

Kwame was nails in that 99 season. Had he come back and gotten 75 reveptions he'd be our all time receptions leader above Jordan Shipley. 

Checking the stats, I had no idea Jaxon Shipley was 3rd all time in receptions. Somehow I don't remember him being that prolific. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Longhorns_football_statistical_leaders

I do t remember Jaxon being that productive either, mainly because of poor QB play. 

3 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Too many kids transferring to Midway.

Midway has really reduced transfers. Now, I'm sure there are exceptions for outstanding (cough) students who happen (cough, cough) to play good football even though (cough) there are penalties for recruiting based on athletic purposes.  And the fine folks over at Midway would never recruit players from out of the district because it's clear that academics and allowing your current in district resident students to get athletic opportunities is the goal of Midway ISD.

Waco High has moved up to 6A which is a load of crap because the enrollment numbers include alternative school students so they are now a significant disadvantaged school competing with schools with 50% larger student populations. However, I think Cavil will do a good job.

On 7/22/2018 at 1:42 PM, Newdoc said:

Midway has really reduced transfers. Now, I'm sure there are exceptions for outstanding (cough) students who happen (cough, cough) to play good football even though (cough) there are penalties for recruiting based on athletic purposes.  And the fine folks over at Midway would never recruit players from out of the district because it's clear that academics and allowing your current in district resident students to get athletic opportunities is the goal of Midway ISD.

Waco High has moved up to 6A which is a load of crap because the enrollment numbers include alternative school students so they are now a significant disadvantaged school competing with schools with 50% larger student populations. However, I think Cavil will do a good job.

Smoak asked him about the transfer issue on Friday during an interview. The answer was typical new hire speak but he's definitely aware of it. I'd imagine there's a podcast up on the radio stations website if anyone is interested. 

On 7/20/2018 at 3:23 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

He and Aaron Humphrey and JJ Kelly were smoking the green corn. 

On 7/21/2018 at 7:21 AM, Post Oak said:

And Jay Johnson.  DJ for DC

Get LaCurtis Jones and Gary Bell somewhere on staff, too. I played against those guys and Fite. That was probably the most intimidating team I ever lined up against. All four years of HS.