Texas @ Houston Series Thread

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

That’s on you. There was absolutely nothing about this team. Especially with the dwarf in charge.

As I declared in March, this is the third year of being worse than the previous year.

But I guess the good news is that next year’s team couldn’t possibly be worse than this year’s right?

My llama gif was to the last part of this. Not sure how I fucked that up 

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The offense is complete and utter ass. 

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s just statistically not though. The issue is the dependence on the long ball. 

We seem to tee off once we have a lead against a shitty team. That's where a lot of our offensive stats come from. They refuse to hit when we're down and the game is important.  It's not only that they can't hit in those situations,  but they actively do the opposite of what they should do at the plate, like take pitches. 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

To me, this team has quit and this season is now over. It is just a bunch of individuals swinging for the fences. No fight. Fuck em, bunch of losers. I want to see a new skipper next year but I think they are gonna give Pierce another year. 

You really shouldn’t post mad

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Start out there and you'll feel better. Until you just can't help yourself and take a peek at baseball. 

I drink a lot less than I used to and smoke more weed. Helps tremendously with my anger. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

To me, this team has quit and this season is now over. It is just a bunch of individuals swinging for the fences. No fight. Fuck em, bunch of losers. I want to see a new skipper next year but I think they are gonna give Pierce another year. 

select ball bs attitude (imo)

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It’s really hard for the kids to push forward when it’s clear the head coach has managed their way into too many losses. They’re not losers or quitters, my goodness get it together. The team isn’t living the standard at Texas but none have shown they don’t want to be here (minus LBJ, that’s more of a confidence thing tho). Again their own coach is managing games as if he’s already bought a plane ticket to Cancun. 

9 minutes ago, Levi said:

It’s really hard for the kids to push forward when it’s clear the head coach has managed their way into too many losses. They’re not losers or quitters, my goodness get it together. The team isn’t living the standard at Texas but none have shown they don’t want to be here (minus LBJ, that’s more of a confidence thing tho). Again their own coach is managing games as if he’s already bought a plane ticket to Cancun. 

The coach isnt making them score 1 run tonight. The coach isnt making them give career high strikeouts to a pitcher in only 3 innings. Pierce should be fired, but these players are shitting the fucking bed and you blaming it all on the coach is a joke. 

32 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

This team is gutless, save a few players.  Either that or the trainers are handing out 50mg THC gummies before the games.  The amount of swings that resulted in zero contact is astounding. I guess it's possible that all these dudes went to the Marquis or Marquis II and pounded long island ice teas and road whores until the wee hours of Friday morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The coach isnt making them score 1 run tonight. The coach isnt making them give career high strikeouts to a pitcher in only 3 innings. Pierce should be fired, but these players are shitting the fucking bed and you blaming it all on the coach is a joke. 

I’m not blaming it all on the coach but not being good enough or failing doesn’t mean you quit. We’re simply not that good anymore. Who knows, I could be in the minority. I just don’t see a team of quitters but rather a team that isn’t that good coupled with a coach that seemed to already mail it in with some blatantly poor choices. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Levi said:

I’m not blaming it all on the coach but not being good enough or failing doesn’t mean you quit. We’re simply not that good anymore. Who knows, I could be in the minority. I just don’t see a team of quitters but rather a team that isn’t that good coupled with a coach that seemed to already mail it in with some blatantly poor choices. 

Hitting wise, we have a team that is good. They are sucking at the plate when it matters and that's on coaching. Pitching is another story - that's completely on DP IMO. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Two things can be true. The players have no idea what they’re doing and aren’t as talented overall as many past Texas teams, but their cluelessness at the plate, lack of plate discipline and strategy, and shitty swing technique certainly falls under the purview of coaching. 

High strike out numbers have been a feature of every Pierce team at Texas. Even the three CWS squads got annihilated at the plate in terms of SOs, especially in the CWS. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Hitting wise, we have a team that is good. They are sucking at the plate when it matters and that's on coaching. Pitching is another story - that's completely on DP IMO. 

I think the long ball is overrating the team’s hitting a bit. I don’t know what a coach is to do when they’ve shown the ability to hit but not in clutch situations. What’s the answer? They’re just simply not consistently good in high leverage situations imo.

I can remember a recent game where got like 4 runs on 12 hits. We start to do damage with 2 outs a lot of times which is playing with fire. One inning we could have 4 hits with only 1 run to show for because they’re playing with 1 remaining out.

Pitching is what it is, a complete failure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Levi said:

I think the long ball is overrating the team’s hitting a bit. I don’t know what a coach is to do when they’ve shown the ability to hit but not in clutch situations. What’s the answer? They’re just simply not consistently good in high leverage situations imo.

I can remember a recent game where got like 4 runs on 12 hits. We start to do damage with 2 outs a lot of times which is playing with fire. One inning we could have 4 hits with only 1 run to show for because they’re playing with 1 remaining out.

Pitching is what it is, a complete failure. 

I agree with all of this. This team doesn’t hit for average, and since they’ve started to play more competitive teams on a more consistent basis, a ton of the offensive numbers have dropped. So much of the production is from HRs. 

Y’all can micro analyze this shit all you want. The simple fact of the matter is that David Pierce is pure shit and will never be anything other than pure shit.

He will be fired soon after Memorial Day and whoever we hire will be an improvement by light years.

This fucking Dwarf makes Charlie Strong look competent

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Y’all can micro analyze this shit all you want. The simple fact of the matter is that David Pierce is pure shit and will never be anything other than pure shit.

He will be fired soon after Memorial Day and whoever we hire will be an improvement by light years.

This fucking Dwarf makes Charlie Strong look competent

He can deserve to be fired and none of what you said be true. 

He micro managed himself out of job. 

2 hours ago, Gone to the darkside said:

If we were in the SEC this year we would be lucky to win a game. Just how can the pitcher recruiting and development be this bad?  Have NIL and still get stuck with this shit. Nil is obviously being mismanaged , who’s in charge of that Pierce?  Is UT trying to run baseball into irrelevancy? Overall hitting has been good outside Of Odoud and the regression of Brown-except some days the team -just randomly don’t show up.  Sorry for the long post  but I am beyond pissed off!

Apparently, you haven’t been pissed off enough to post on Surly until now…..just saying.  

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

So who are the baseball-BMDs that have to get pointed at by their rival friends and laughed at before they will complain to CDC about what a dumpster fire the baseball team is?

I would venture to say he is 100% done, its just that nothing good will come of firing him mid season. If you fire him mid season you have one paid assistant in the dugout (Rodriguez likely interim) with Longley coaching 3rd and a player coaching 1st (Cam)

2 hours ago, Gone to the darkside said:

If we were in the SEC this year we would be lucky to win a game. Just how can the pitcher recruiting and development be this bad?  Have NIL and still get stuck with this shit. Nil is obviously being mismanaged , who’s in charge of that Pierce?  Is UT trying to run baseball into irrelevancy? Overall hitting has been good outside Of Odoud and the regression of Brown-except some days the team -just randomly don’t show up.  Sorry for the long post  but I am beyond pissed off!

So…you are beyond pissed off…but apparently not pissed off enough to post on Surly until now?  Just an observation.  We need more pissed off Texas baseball fans to make their feelings heard.

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

Two things can be true. The players have no idea what they’re doing and aren’t as talented overall as many past Texas teams, but their cluelessness at the plate, lack of plate discipline and strategy, and shitty swing technique certainly falls under the purview of coaching. 

High strike out numbers have been a feature of every Pierce team at Texas. Even the three CWS squads got annihilated at the plate in terms of SOs, especially in the CWS. 

If the players aren’t performing….it’s the coach.

If we don’t have good players, it’s the coach.

If we aren’t using the transfer portal to our advantage, it’s the coach.

If the players on offense under stress  can’t perform, it’s the coach.

If our pitchers can’t get players out, throw strikes, hit their spots, strike out batters, it’s the coach.

NIL may be lagging because donors don’t have have confidence in DP…and DP can’t do this on his own.

Don't see any serious player leadership.

There’s no team/player consistency…..who knows which team will show up from game to game….it’s the coach.

The season isn’t over, but I wouldn’t bet on this team.  Just not what we expect for Texas baseball.  Something’s gotta change.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

I would venture to say he is 100% done, its just that nothing good will come of firing him mid season. If you fire him mid season you have one paid assistant in the dugout (Rodriguez likely interim) with Longley coaching 3rd and a player coaching 1st (Cam)

Then the interim coach wins a few games and everyone pressures the school into keep him.  Let me know if you’ve heard this before...   Jk totally different, that one had great talent.  Yea no sense in firing him mid season but get to work finding the replacement.  

• Hook 'Em 2