2024 Big 12 Tournament

chase25

Posted (edited)

Yeah so we got a bye anyway if we win. I just didn't understand the wacky way the bracket was constructed. Seems weird the #10 seed gets the same benefits we do but hey whatever. It is better to finish 10th place than 5th place, that makes total sense.

Just win baby. Get that day off.

The Regionals start on May 31st so even if we take home the trophy we get five days off.

Edited by Valmy77

43 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

If I’m counting correctly, we could get a Q2 win and 3 Q1 wins if things fall correctly with the potential of 3 against the current 15, 16.

Hookem can you determine where that might put us?

But we need Q4 wins!

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah so we got a bye anyway if we win. I just didn't understand the wacky way the bracket was constructed. Seems weird the #10 seed gets the same benefits we do but hey whatever. It is better to finish 10th place than 5th place, that makes total sense.

Just win baby. Get that day off.

The Regionals start on May 31st so even if we take home the trophy we get five days off.

No the 10 would automatically have to play the next day against OSt.  There's no way for them to get a day off win or lose.

This might be the worst tournament format I have ever seen. It sets up the 3 and 4 seeds better than the 1 and 2.

Only the Big 12 could put together a masterpiece like this.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, chase25 said:

This might be the worst tournament format I have ever seen. It sets up the 3 and 4 seeds better than the 1 and 2.

Pierce playing chess while the rest of the Big12 was playing checkers.

He knew 3rd seed was the optimal seed in this format and got us there. Brilliant coaching this year.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chase25 said:

The more I look at this the more it truly is a completely fubar bracket.

Tuesday should be a single elimination game between the 8 & 10 and 7&9 seeds. Loser goes home.

Now we enter double elimination thunderdome.

Winner of Tuesday games play the top seeds of each side of their brackets and 3 plays 5 and 4 plays 6 seed on Wednesday.

It’s that fucking easy.

At the very least though, they should have had 8 playing 10 and 7 vs. 9 playing each other with the winner playing the top seed if they wanted to keep their dumb double elimination from the start philosophy.

Oh well. Works in Texas’ favor…. If we can win a game in Globelife. If.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, chase25 said:

So I didn’t realize how wacky this bracket was… If we beat Tech we get an off day and don’t play again until Thursday.

Larry David Reaction GIF

That format is whack

10 minutes ago, Balcones said:

You think we should even show up?  

We should at least go, yes to pick up supplies for whatever regional we do make.

The 4.99 rotisserie chickens and 1.50 hotdog deal alone makes it worth the trip.
Maybe they’ll have free samples out too and then you really don’t even need to buy the team lunch.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chase25 said:

Lol, crazy right? I love it since we got scammed out of the 2 seed anyways. 

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

The more I look at this the more it truly is a completely fubar bracket.

Tuesday should be a single elimination game between the 8 & 10 and 7&9 seeds. Loser goes home.

Now we enter double elimination thunderdome.

Winner of Tuesday games play the top seeds of each side of their brackets and 3 plays 5 and 4 plays 6 seed on Wednesday.

It’s that fucking easy.

At the very least though, they should have had 8 playing 10 and 7 vs. 9 playing each other with the winner playing the top seed if they wanted to keep their dumb double elimination from the start philosophy.

Oh well. Works in Texas’ favor…. If we can win a game in Globelife. If.

Nah. Should be straight single elimination.

Why tax arms of teams you're about to send to the NCAA tournament?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Do you even content brah?

/ESPN

11 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yep. It’s a postseason tournament. Who gives a shit 

Think they should drop conference tournaments and have play-in brackets comprised of bubble teams from different conferences.  The teams that have already punched their tickets shouldn’t have to play and burn arms or risk injuries.

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Pierce playing chess while the rest of the Big12 was playing checkers.

He knew 3rd seed was the optimal seed in this format and got us there. Brilliant coaching this year.

Plus, he knew this back in the first week of April, when he tanked 2 of 3 to BYU.  The dude is a legitimate seer.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Think they should drop conference tournaments and have play-in brackets comprised of bubble teams from different conferences.  The teams that have already punched their tickets shouldn’t have to play and burn arms or risk injuries.

Come on man. This is baseball not football. Playing a few games is a tiny risk...or should be.

Though considering how pitching is going these days maybe we should start having football like schedules.

Edited by Valmy77

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nothing like a 40,000 indoor stadium with 200 people inside.

I get why they want to have it at Globe Life but it is such an eye sore to see the atmosphere and attendance at these games.

A lot of that though is just the lack of support for college baseball from the schools within the conference. If you put the SEC tournament there it would be a much more enjoyable experience 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I get why they want to have it at Globe Life but it is such an eye sore to see the atmosphere and attendance at these games.

I don't like college ball in MLB stadiums.   Having said that.  I like dain relays even less. 

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

A lot of that though is just the lack of support for college baseball from the schools within the conference. If you put the SEC tournament there it would be a much more enjoyable experience 

I've ran my mouth several times about this, within 10 years the SEC tournament will be in Dallas.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, petscii said:

I don't like college ball in MLB stadiums.   Having said that.  I like dain relays even less. 

I've ran my mouth several times about this, within 10 years the SEC tournament will be in Dallas.

spacer.png

College big man running track <<<<<< empty MLB stadium for Big12 tournament.

I concur.

But IDK if I'd go around rippin' this dude all willy nilly.

He looks daingarous

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

It's going to be mayhem during the UCF/Cincinnati game.  Two passionate fanbases, each close to home.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Kansas State better be careful. 15-15 in the regular season, 44 in RPI, only 6 Q1 wins. If they don't win tomorrow, they might be out. 

Good.  Fuck KSU

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Good.  Fuck KSU

At least Tyson Neighbors will always be able to tell his grandkids about that time he blew that game against big, bad KU in front of scores of fans.

Posted (edited)

I think I am finally going to break down and get ESPN+.  If you get the disney bundle, can you also watch the ESPN+ content on my smartTV, or do I have to cast to it off my phone?    

Edited by pyrohornIII

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Care to share because I don't

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Care to share because I don't

Climate control. They know they can get all the games in without weather delays. Also somewhat centrally located until they added the 3 new out of state schools.

9 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

It would be kind of fun to show up at 9am and spend 12 - 14 hours watching baseball nonstop and getting destroyed on overpriced beer. 

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Climate control. They know they can get all the games in without weather delays. Also somewhat centrally located until they added the 3 new out of state schools.

Yep. But mostly weather. Weather in TX/Oklahoma fucking sucks in May and is unpredictable as hell