Manafort Trial

Grandioso

You have to wonder how many Paul Manaforts are out there that are performing some pretty questionable financial transactions but are smart enough to squirrel away enough money to not have to take on riskier behavior to earn more money.   

If he hadn't wasted all of his money, which led him to work with the Trump campaign, he would be living the good life.

Just now, Captainant said:

If the prosecution chooses to go to a new trial he will. I really hope they do just to keep turning the screws on him.

Well, and that whole other trial in a different district that is actually more about the collusion issue. 

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

5 x tax fraud charges

1 x charge of hiding foreign bank accounts

2 x counts of bank fraud

1 x super juicy nothingburger with a side of witch hunt 

Switch over to the other channel where Cohen is admitting to a federal judge that Trump directed him to commit campaign finance violations if your hungry for more of a somthingburger. 

1 minute ago, Bevo VIII said:

Why wouldn’t they? 

Because he's already facing over a decade in prison based on this trial.  Why risk a not guilty verdict for something that probably wouldn't result in any additional sentence even if he is found guilty at a second trial.  And there's already another trial pending on the other indictments this fall.

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Well, and that whole other trial in a different district that is actually more about the collusion issue. 

Yeah, Manafort trial #2 is where the real shit is.  

Conspiracy to defraud the United States

Failure to register as a foreign agent 

Obstruction of Justice 

Money Laundering

Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice

Making false statements

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Fox News analyst right now on this verdict (paraphrased):

”no evidence of Russia collusion”

”strengthens president’s hand to not talk to Mueller.”

Then when the host (Cavuto) summarizes the news at the end of the hour:

”Once again, not about collusion, just about cash!”

Just so you guys know what your parents are hearing in case you chat about politics tonight.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think you got our man Good Smokey, mixed up w evil Smokey - there was a Trumptard Smokey some while back...he's since migrated back to TxAgs I'm sure...

Yeah, I did, but that just let me jump to the easy conclusion that was wrong.  You're talking about Smokey1861#TrumpMAGA or something.

I like to listen to the right-leaning networks immediately when a news story breaks.  

Very clearly, they were ready to pronounce "NO COLLUSION!" the instant the verdicts were reached.  I mean, they just drove that home over and over again in a way that seemed very obvious that these were ready-to-go talking points.  

.... and as I was typing that last sentence, Trump gets off a plane in West Virginia, walks to a Fox microphone and repeats that talking point pretty much verbatim before ad libbing some "witch hunt!"