Manafort Trial

Grandioso

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Great job you mouth breathing meat heads, for electing this absolute piece of human garbage to our highest office. 

Bravo. Read a fucking book or two before 2020.

Bro, none of those people are here.  This is an echo chamber...Swam's corpse out front shoulda told ya.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I like to listen to the right-leaning networks immediately when a news story breaks.  

Very clearly, they were ready to pronounce "NO COLLUSION!" the instant the verdicts were reached.  I mean, they just drove that home over and over again in a way that seemed very obvious that these were ready-to-go talking points.  

.... and as I was typing that last sentence, Trump gets off a plane in West Virginia, walks to a Fox microphone and repeats that talking point pretty much verbatim before ad libbing some "witch hunt!" 

You don't really have to tune in to know exactly what they're going to say. 

16 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I like to listen to the right-leaning networks immediately when a news story breaks.  

Very clearly, they were ready to pronounce "NO COLLUSION!" the instant the verdicts were reached.  I mean, they just drove that home over and over again in a way that seemed very obvious that these were ready-to-go talking points.  

.... and as I was typing that last sentence, Trump gets off a plane in West Virginia, walks to a Fox microphone and repeats that talking point pretty much verbatim before ad libbing some "witch hunt!" 

There are no "right-leaning" networks.  There's Fox, which is alt-right-falling-over-shitting-itself, and everyone else, none of which tilt right.

Right-leaning =/= favoring Trump in any way shape or form.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck the knights and knaves.  Slay all of them you want, whatever.

Until you bring me the head of the king, this is fucking pointless.

Pretty much this.  Manafort is an independently bad, corrupt dude.  He's collateral damage and we don't even know about ground zero yet.

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There are no "right-leaning" networks.  There's Fox, which is alt-right-falling-over-shitting-itself, and everyone else, none of which tilt right.

Right-leaning =/= favoring Trump in any way shape or form.

Agreed, Fox is now essentially official state news, i.e. "Pravda."

But there's Fox Business, One America News, and hundreds of national and local a.m. talk radio programs.

Sometimes they ignore big stories (such as a cabinet-level departure, a Scott Pruitt ethics scandal, etc).  But sometimes they're too big to ignore (Manafort guilty), so you pretty quickly get an idea of how news is going to be spun.  

I wish I had a dollar for every time tomorrow on a.m. radio the hosts use the two words, "NO COLLUSION!"  (ignoring, obviously, that the first Manafort trial wasn't the "collusion" trial, and we all knew that).

Edited by Paul Wesley

5 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Agreed, Fox is now essentially official state news, i.e. "Pravda."

But there's Fox Business, One America News, and hundreds of national and local a.m. talk radio programs.

Sometimes they ignore big stories (such as a cabinet-level departure, a Scott Pruitt ethics scandal, etc).  But sometimes they're too big to ignore (Manafort guilty), so you pretty quickly get an idea of how news is going to be spun.  

I wish I had a dollar for every time tomorrow on a.m. radio the hosts use the two words, "NO COLLUSION!"  (ignoring, obviously, that the first Manafort trial wasn't the "collusion" trial, and we all knew that).

I'd still quibble that most of those outlets are more than "right-leaning."  I'm right-leaning and I want nothing to do with any of them. I get my news from NPR.  I also kind of use this place to pre-screen more in-depth things.

Edited by TwiceHorn

A guy runs an operation where key figures are convicted of felonies. The operation is defending the Constitution and the American people. Money flows through this network of felons seeking the good of Russia. The president sucks up to Putin whenever the chance appears.

The street should be full of outraged citizens, but where are they? Where am I and the rest of the crowd here? 

Content to find like minded posters and rehash our objections. It's like we're going to the confessional, stating the sins we see and then returning to life.

The prospect of throwing in whole heartedly with the Dems (for whom I vote) just doesn't excite. 

We need a firebrand who knows how to score points with clarity. Elizabeth Warren seems all wrong on the shallowest levels, but I could get behind her and her voice.

I'm drinking and high on pain meds for a shoulder, so I'm not as focused as I would like.

We need to flood every place Trump goes and shout that bitch down. We need the women to rise up again and take to the streets; they're good at showing up. We need to grill every Dem candidate running in the midterms until he/she makes it clear that calf-roping Donald Trump is the priority.

Another impotent post. Fuck me.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'd still quibble that most of those outlets are more than "right-leaning."

I should have been more clear:  When I say "right leaning," I mean "corruption-enabling, systematic liars who knowingly and intentionally misrepresent facts big and small, and who operate as a mouthpiece for a venal and treasonous administration."

• Like 1

Republican friends in full meltdown mode: this is a scary violation of civil rights and the Bill of Rights, these people were RAIDED right here in the USA, reminds them of Stalin, race war coming as soon as Trump is taken out, which was libtards' goal all along, etc.

It's so delicious.  

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'd still quibble that most of those outlets are more than "right-leaning."  I'm right-leaning and I want nothing to do with any of them. I get my news from NPR.  I also kind of use this place to pre-screen more in-depth things.

You may think you are “right-leaning” but unfortunately if you aren’t a full blown trumpkin, you are officially a libtard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

8 losses and 10 draws is a moral victory.  So fucking aggy.

Today was a great day for trump and the trumpkins as trump won halftime and even won the spring game. We’ve got a fucking aggy as the president. Contemplate that and all its ramifications. 

• Like 1

It’s like when they make national championship hats for both teams. They’re ready to go!

Pretty much this.  Manafort is an independently bad, corrupt dude.  He's collateral damage and we don't even know about ground zero yet.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but has an independent counsel ever successfully shown the malfeasance they set out to show? For instance Ken Starr was hired to investigate a land deal, and ended up getting perjury about an affair instead.

Point being, collateral damage is kind of the MO of an independent counsel. The more they can stir up the better chance it splatters on their target. So if your desire is something that gets Trump out of office I’d think you’d want as much of this kind of collateral damage as possible.

A guy runs an operation where key figures are convicted of felonies. The operation is defending the Constitution and the American people. Money flows through this network of felons seeking the good of Russia. The president sucks up to Putin whenever the chance appears.
The street should be full of outraged citizens, but where are they? Where am I and the rest of the crowd here? 
Content to find like minded posters and rehash our objections. It's like we're going to the confessional, stating the sins we see and then returning to life.
The prospect of throwing in whole heartedly with the Dems (for whom I vote) just doesn't excite. 
We need a firebrand who knows how to score points with clarity. Elizabeth Warren seems all wrong on the shallowest levels, but I could get behind her and her voice.
I'm drinking and high on pain meds for a shoulder, so I'm not as focused as I would like.
We need to flood every place Trump goes and shout that bitch down. We need the women to rise up again and take to the streets; they're good at showing up. We need to grill every Dem candidate running in the midterms until he/she makes it clear that calf-roping Donald Trump is the priority.
Another impotent post. Fuck me.

Uh, hey man, mixing those things is dangerous. Be careful. I’ve had two shoulder surgeries so I can relate.

Republican friends in full meltdown mode: this is a scary violation of civil rights and the Bill of Rights, these people were RAIDED right here in the USA, reminds them of Stalin, race war coming as soon as Trump is taken out, which was libtards' goal all along, etc.
It's so delicious.  

You have some dumbass friends.

6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Uh, hey man, mixing those things is dangerous. Be careful. I’ve had two shoulder surgeries so I can relate.

Second that. Don’t mix those man. Too risky. 

But back to the topic at hand. WITCH HUNT!!! RIGGED WITCH HUNT!! RIGGIDY RIGGIDY WITCHY WITCHY HUNT HUNT HUNT!!!

24 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Really solid response.

Whats your next post?  Nanny nanny boo-boo?

Less solid than your "That coin has two sides" reply? Is that your contention? Puh-lease. Here's a chance to back up your assertion:

"You may think you are 'left-leaning' but unfortunately if you aren’t a full blown ________, you are officially a ________."

Fill in the blanks and show us the other side of the coin. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

Hard to believe that Manafort's guilty verdict could be overshadowed by another news story (especially a courtroom news story), but it was.

i guarantee this is no coincidence. Davis knows how to read tea leaves and used this situation for maximum effect for both attention and being on the back burner in re: the Manafort verdict.

a brilliant piece of lawyering for his client. despite his client being greasy as fuck, and i say this as a prosecutor, much love and kudos to Lanny Davis. i bow in his general direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing today, but just with the Fox News website. Wanna guess what the top news story was all day? If you guessed it had anything to do with Manafort or Cohen, you’d be wrong. It was “Illegal immigrant arrested for murder of Mollie Tibbets”. I had to scroll a bit just to see anything about their homeboys.
  • Like 1

Chris Hayes had on a retired federal judge and former federal prosecutor last night who were convinced Cohen is going to cooperate. They said cohen’s attorney knows the feds handling the case well and that a sealed agreement or handshake arrange was likely.

30 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Chris Hayes had on a retired federal judge and former federal prosecutor last night who were convinced Cohen is going to cooperate. They said cohen’s attorney knows the feds handling the case well and that a sealed agreement or handshake arrange was likely.

It was mentioned that the prosecutors weren't caught off guard by Cohen's allocution - his statement under oath that he was directed to commit a felony by Trump - and that they would have known in advance. 

Now Cohen gets to be at home with family on bail until sentencing in Dec.  During that time, he has been given permission to travel to other states where he has family, including Washington DC, where he has no family.  ahem.

When Paul Manafort leaves jail to go to the courthouse he probably has to have his butthole checked.  When Paul Manafort returns to jail from the courthouse he probably has to have his butthole checked again.  Now his future might possibly be a seemingly never ending series of butthole checks.  There are so many people from Trump's circle who will need butthole checks.  Trump's presence has brought so many new buttholes to the butthole checking process.  In the end, there will be a literal wake of butthole checks behind Trump.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

When Paul Manafort leaves jail to go to the courthouse he probably has to have his butthole checked.  When Paul Manafort returns to jail from the courthouse he probably has to have his butthole checked again.  Now his future might possibly be a seemingly never ending series of butthole checks.  There are so many people from Trump's circle who will need butthole checks.  Trump's presence has brought so many new buttholes to the butthole checking process.  In the end, there will be a literal wake of butthole checks behind Trump.

the jobs president!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Back to Manafort.  So did Gates flipping amount to nothing for the prosecution, I think all crimes he testified on behalf of, ended up getting hung. 

Perhaps but it was a trial run for Gates who will all but certainly do a lot more testifying in the future.

Gates is Mueller’s crown jewel when it comes to cooperation and information.  

Gates likely has info on all the areas of the investigation. 

He also got the sweetest deal, outside of Flynn.