I've Gotten SIck of Sriracha

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

This is why you gotta switch up the hot sauces.  I've got 3-4 I use, depending on what food it's going on.

Yeah.  They all have their place.  Going too gung-ho on any one will leave you burned out on it.  Shit, eat BBQ for every meal, you'll get sick of it.  

3 minutes ago, Grippe said:

tenor.gif

You heard me.  Pick any food that I love -- BBQ, steak, fried yardbird, tacos de lengua, CFS, cheese enchiladas -- make me eat just that for a week, and I'll want to get out of the rut.

Hot sauces are the same.  They're situational, and variety is your friend.

Kinda like how sometimes I bang your mom, and other times I bang your sister.  Keeps things interesting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You heard me.  Pick any food that I love -- BBQ, steak, fried yardbird, tacos de lengua, CFS, cheese enchiladas -- make me eat just that for a week, and I'll want to get out of the rut.

Hot sauces are the same.  They're situational, and variety is your friend.

Kinda like how sometimes I bang your mom, and other times I bang your sister.  Keeps things interesting.

But, but! There's SO much BBQ variety - I seriously think I could eat different entrees and sides for a whole month and (despite going super sized) would be happier than a hog in a waller.

As a matter of fact, we're almost 30 days out now, brb - going to pitch a idea of an awesome month to the wife...

To me, Sriracha is ideal for Asian food.  I call it "instant szechuan."  It blends really well with rice or noodles and oyster sauce and the other staples of kind of middle of the road Asian.  But I prefer other sauces for other foods.  It doesn't work as well for me as more conventional louisiana-type hot sauces for general use, partly because it's thick, and partly because of the addition of garlic and sugar, as noted above.

Tobasco isn’t even hot.  It’s all vinegar, a bit of heat, and no flavor.  

Its not even that vinegary. It’s just heat, a little tart, and that’s it. I much prefer Crystal.

Although Tabasco Chipotle is actually pretty good. And their sweet chili variety is good too.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Its not even that vinegary. It’s just heat, a little tart, and that’s it. I much prefer Crystal.

Although Tabasco Chipotle is actually pretty good. And their sweet chili variety is good too.

Crystal, Louisiana, Texas Pete, Cholula are all infinitely better than Tobasco.   But yes, their chipotle is actually not bad.   

Tabasco is perfect for bloody marys.  I’ve never found a hot sauce I like better.  But I don’t care much for Tabasco on food.  There are so many better options.

This has been recc’ed before - Green Dragon Hot Sauce from Trader Joe’s. Not real hot, but great flavor.

green%20dragon%20hot%20sauce.jpg

Edited by CurlyDumps