Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

That’s a tone deaf rally. It’s a group of adults who made signs to support a guy currently involved in a scandal, where the best case scenario is that he ignored ongoing domestic violence within his organization for 6 years.

All because football.

Going on over a decade when you include the UF years.   He spent 5 years there under Meyer launching his wife beating career and arrest record before stepping back into the ring at tOSU for the past 6 years.

I thought Urban could slide by until I saw these protesters? supporters?.... they have just invited a crap ton of women to come march on their campus and embarrass them even more than they already have themselves... which is saying a lot....  He is doomed now. I would check these people for Michigan IDs

23 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I thought Urban could slide by until I saw these protesters? supporters?.... they have just invited a crap ton of women to come march on their campus and embarrass them even more than they already have themselves... which is saying a lot....  He is doomed now. I would check these people for Michigan IDs

Need to check them for diabities

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

So...is fired?

On the contrary, I'd say the most recent sentiment is they've put all the necessary structure in place to not only keep Urb but also order a bronze statue of him as well.

23 minutes ago, sdm said:

On the contrary, I'd say the most recent sentiment is they've put all the necessary structure in place to not only keep Urb but also order a bronze statue of him as well.

You plum forgot that they'll probably extend his contract, with a raise and a Penthouse subscription for 3 years.

9 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

To be fair, 23k is not that much when they have had 100k for their spring game before.

But no one was actually practicing anything... I think eventually the Buckeyes will give Meyer a 4 game suspension and some sort of fine...

11 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Some Michigan alumni has been following us troll aggy over the years.   No fucking way those are not character actors.

Well done Wolverine, well done.

"He's a jack ass!”   

1:05 mark 

Fiddy bucks says this guy coaches pee wee football and yells at his kids when they take a water break.

The fat fuck lost his wind speaking.

12 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Cargo shorts and flipflops: precursor to--no, accelerator of--the total collapse of society as we've come to know it. Civility, we hardly knew ye.

Or,  it could be the 35 year infestation of hip hop culture on society promoting values of violence and greed while condemning education. Mixed with the decline of emphasis on family and unhealthy emphasis on greed and material possession in white American culture. 

Nope, you're right. It's two articles of clothing. 

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 5

21 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Or,  it could be the 35 year infestation of hip hop culture on society promoting values of violence and greed while condemning education. Mixed with the decline of emphasis on family and unhealthy emphasis on greed and material possession in white American culture. 

Nope, you're right. It's two articles of clothing. 

What a fucking idiot

• Like 3

13 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Yet another example of sports dads being total dumbshits:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/06/ezekiel-elliott-father-attends-rally-ohio-state-urban-meyer/920060002/

Perfect optics for Zeke there.  Thanks, dad, thanks a lot.

Guess ol’ Rog will hand down another 6 game suspension to Zeke for his pops. 

12 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This was my first thought.  This rally actually hurt his cause.  If they were going to suspend him before, I think they fire him now.

It's a coin flip situation, and the tie goes against the guys holding "me too" signs. 

Question...

this has been an issue since 2009. Why hasn’t Florida weighed in? If this is an issue related to rules governing a university, would the prudent thing to do, in order to judge urban, be to contact UF and see if urban knew of complaints in Florida and to see if Florida has records of investigating the issue? Urban would have had to report it at that state school as well. 

I guess it’s an improvement over the jorts they used to wear. 

In 2006 in Austin the Buckeye fan uniform was an overweight white male with a jersey, jorts, sonetimes fanny pack and white tennis shoes with high socks. 

The cargoe shorts are at least an upgrade over that. 

Edited by Newy25

14 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Question...

this has been an issue since 2009. Why hasn’t Florida weighed in? If this is an issue related to rules governing a university, would the prudent thing to do, in order to judge urban, be to contact UF and see if urban knew of complaints in Florida and to see if Florida has records of investigating the issue? Urban would have had to report it at that state school as well. 

I 'spect the investigative committee will do just that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Question...

I don't think this is correct.  The first assault/arrest was after the "end of season" coaches party.  Those coaches didn't work again for UF.  I don't know the timing, but Urbs left to spend more time with his family, and I don't think Smith was involved with UF ever again.   I don't know if UF would have had any input or reason to investigate a former employee.

If they did, I hope that shit comes out. 

9 minutes ago, Loco said:

I don't think this is correct.  The first assault/arrest was after the "end of season" coaches party.  Those coaches didn't work again for UF.  I don't know the timing, but Urbs left to spend more time with his family, and I don't think Smith was involved with UF ever again.   I don't know if UF would have had any input or reason to investigate a former employee.

If they did, I hope that shit comes out. 

June 21: Zach Smith, an intern on Urban Meyer's staff at Florida, is charged with felony assault after allegedly roughing up his pregnant wife, Courtney Smith. Urban Meyer later addresses this incident at at 2018 Big Ten Media Days and says the police report wasn't accurate. “We're certainly not going to investigate," Meyer said. "It came back to me that what was reported wasn't actually what happened.”

July: Courtney Smith says she was pressured by Zach Smith's grandfather, Earle Bruce, and Hiram de Fries, a life skills expert and someone extremely close to Urban Meyer, to drop charges against her husband. “He said ‘if you don’t drop the charges, Zach will never coach again,’ ” Courtney said. “ ‘He’s never hit you before. He was drinking. He’ll probably never do it again. You should think about giving him a second chance.’

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Urban-Meyer-Timeline-of-alleged-abuse-leading-to-Zach-Smiths-firing-120302532/

... Meyer is stepping down as coach after the Gators appearance in the Outback Bowl. In a statement released by the university on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2010, Meyer says "it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field."  ...

Pretty sure June 2009 happened before December 2010.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

In 2006 in Austin the Buckeye fan uniform was an overweight white male with a jersey, jorts, sonetimes fanny pack and white tennis shoes with high socks. 

The greatest literary observation of sociological phenomena in the history of America was written by HenryJames about what he saw, smelled and heard when leaving bikini brief stadium in 2005. It's preserved in the same crate as the Lost Ark and guarded by top men.  And a few bottoms. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Ahhhh, jorts and buckstaches. Killer combo.

Somone needs to punch Junior Miller in the balls. 

53 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You can’t forget that they tucked said jerseys in the jorts ... Ohioan dress code and all.

Question...

I highly doubt Florida will weigh in unless the NCAA becomes involved (yeah, right) and forces them to. It was 9 years ago for them under a former coaching staff. All the outrage is currently directed at Ohio State so it would be foolish for Florida to involve themselves unless they absolutely have to.

49 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I highly doubt Florida will weigh in unless the NCAA becomes involved (yeah, right) and forces them to. It was 9 years ago for them under a former coaching staff. All the outrage is currently directed at Ohio State so it would be foolish for Florida to involve themselves unless they absolutely have to.

Maybe the committee will subpoena their records. Oh, wait...

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games