Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

27 minutes ago, Parliament said:

OSU undergrad, doctorate from a school that is bad at football, professor at a small private college. 

Oberlin?

11 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Why does Ohio State think it helps them that TH was at the strip club?

It's their way of trying to draw some of the attention away from them to help this pass by and die down in the media.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Why does Ohio State think it helps them that TH was at the strip club?

tOSU...So what if our head coach knew and didn't act when one of his coaches battered his wife. The real story is said coach went to a strip club with Tom Herman.  

49 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I don’t go to strip clubs (though there may be a couple of exceptions numbered among the events of a misspent youth). I think they objectify and demean women. I think men cheapen themselves when they go. I am disappointed in TH’s hiring Casey Horny, and have vented this and written to the president of UT about it. And whether TH went to a strip club sometime in the past has nothing to do with whether UM should be fired. It is an example of those doing wrong compounding their wrong by trying to besmirch the reputation of others and cloud the issue.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Top article on ESPN has headline that says TH was coach at strip club with ZS. Never mind the fact that 90% of the article is about UM and OSU fuck ups and about 2 sentences devoted to TH. Not shocking that the article was written by espn’s beat writer who’d prefer to focus on TH rather than the shitty institution that osu is and their scumbag head coach.

What a bush league move, you know damn well they've known this fact for weeks or months.....and since they never connected any other fuckn dots to TH...they decided to toss this in now for extra click baits 4 days before our game. Who gives a flying fuck if he went to a strip club

12 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Every coach/school that recruits against us. Every recruit who’s parents go to church will hear about this. 

So, that would be good for recruiting to puss out on a bunch of high school coaches when every other person was on board? I'm guessing these were important contacts at the time.....or future.

While I'm disappointed to see TH went to a strip club with the wife beater, how is this material to anything? I assume it's UM's/OSU's attempt to drag him into this but why? Do they believe he was really the whistle blower? And will TH respond to the inevitable questions about it at the next presser?

My wife has come with me to strip clubs, we tight like that.
This is a whole lot of nothing, who cares if Tom went. Not to mention, I've been to strip clubs in Columbus before.... you'll want to erase that experience from your memory. 
Personally I don't know or care if its right or wrong but the issue isn't that TH went to a strip club with ZS. The possible rub is TH and ZS took a high school coach to a strip club on a recruiting trip...

Did something happen the night he was at the scrip club w the wifebeater?  I read the ESPN story and it's missing a punchline.  Is going to a strip club a big deal for a football coach?  I honestly have no idea wtf I'm missing.  I expected some big revelation the way ESPN literally has this at the top of their list on 'Top Headlines'...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Top article on ESPN has headline that says TH was coach at strip club with ZS. Never mind the fact that 90% of the article is about UM and OSU fuck ups and about 2 sentences devoted to TH. Not shocking that the article was written by espn’s beat writer who’d prefer to focus on TH rather than the shitty institution that osu is and their scumbag head coach.

Meh. Nothing is happening in the sports world. 

Most of the ESPN folks like Eaves are saying it's a non-story and just Ohio State trying to deflect. From what I've seen on Twitter, most of the national media thinks Ohio State is a complete joke for doing this. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

OK. I spent a half hour on the phone with my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister. (No pics.) She has followed the Urban Meyer saga closely. And she knows Title IX, as she is subject to it as well.

Shocking to me, she says Urban Meyer should not have been fired and she's happy with the outcome. No objective person sets the #metoo bar as high as my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister, if she's satisfied, maybe I can be as well.

A point she makes (and I won't argue it) is Title IX is built to protect victims, not punish offenders, and the UM/ZS saga is in a HUGE gray area. If CS were a university employee as well, this woulda gone much differently. You can bet that gray are will get fixed soon.

I am a guest on this board and I won't poop on it with any kind of an opinion of my own. Rather I will continue to do what I have tried to do; convey objective facts as best I can, and then keep my mouth shut.

Carry on. God Bless Surly Horns.

So your liberal sister thinks it is perfectly fine for an institution of higher learning to keep a wife beater and drug addict on staff to coach young men for multiple years after they knew he was a total piece of shit, all because his wife beating and other generally shitty behavior wasn't a technical violation and of Title IX (and more importantly, because his grandfather used to be the coach at OSU)?  Does she also know that Meyer could have fired Smith for no reason at all, as he has dozens of coaches over his career?  It fucking kills me that people act like there was some reason Meyer COULDN'T fire Smith whenever the fuck he wanted to.  Like, oh, Urban found out that Smith beat his wife...AGAIN...so he couldn't fire him because it wasn't a Title IX violation and he told the AD, s his hands were tied.  Are you fucking kidding me???

I mean, Jesus Fuck Christ dude!  This is the worst argument I have heard yet or not firing Meyer.  And fuck you for even spitting that shit out here.   Holy shit, you people are repugnant in the worst way possible.  It's so fucking disgusting that I don't even have the curse words to fully express how fucking disgusted I am at anyone that would stick up for Ohio State or Urban Meyer.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

OK. I spent a half hour on the phone with my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister. (No pics.) She has followed the Urban Meyer saga closely. And she knows Title IX, as she is subject to it as well.

Shocking to me, she says Urban Meyer should not have been fired and she's happy with the outcome. No objective person sets the #metoo bar as high as my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister, if she's satisfied, maybe I can be as well.

A point she makes (and I won't argue it) is Title IX is built to protect victims, not punish offenders, and the UM/ZS saga is in a HUGE gray area. If CS were a university employee as well, this woulda gone much differently. You can bet that gray are will get fixed soon.

I am a guest on this board and I won't poop on it with any kind of an opinion of my own. Rather I will continue to do what I have tried to do; convey objective facts as best I can, and then keep my mouth shut.

Carry on. God Bless Surly Horns.

Guest pass revoked. 1-year ban. 

Write this in your diary because the person you’re trying to convince is yourself. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They could rename the Yellow Rose “Tom Herman’s House” and we will still get recruits if we win. All of this side stuff only matters if we keep losing.

This Herman news isn't shocking to recruits. Especially on the basketball circuit. Anybody that's been around the AAU circuit knows almost all the assistants hit strip clubs during the summer recruiting period. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Meh. Nothing is happening in the sports world. 

Most of the ESPN folks like Eaves are saying it's a non-story and just Ohio State trying to deflect. From what I've seen on Twitter, most of the national media thinks Ohio State is a complete joke for doing this. 

Hey, look over there....is that a shiny new dime on the ground?