Jump to content

How much do you pay for Sirius


Recommended Posts

  • 11 months later...

After much discussion (haggling)  with a person that I was having a hard time understanding (he didn't have a Texas accent).....yesterday evening I renewed for a year. he gave me     (select lite)  for 60.00 plus 12.84 royalty fees plus 5.10 tax

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hpara759 said:

After much discussion (haggling)  with a person that I was having a hard time understanding (he didn't have a Texas accent).....yesterday evening I renewed for a year. he gave me     (select lite)  for 60.00 plus 12.84 royalty fees plus 5.10 tax

I had the same discussion with the same person last week.  I asked for the 5 month-$25 deal that I had received the last few times. He countered with effectively the same deal, as you mention, but for a full year. 

On a side note, they appeared to have just given me the streaming option for free. Or perhaps I always had it, and didn't know.  I thought it was extra.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, AUinHsv said:

Just renewed this week. 2 cars with platinum for about 225 for both for one year

That's in the ballpark of what I just paid for one vehicle--- ~$125 with taxes/ royalties/ etc.  So, there's probably some wiggle room to negotiate.  They said going forward that I would be auto-renewed at this price, and not have to do the annual price savings dance.  I set a calendar reminder to make sure.

Edited by LosIllini
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You just gotta hang up and try again.  If this process is entertaining to you, or if your money is worth more than your time, a few days of walking away and trying again maybe 2-3 times a day will get you in the $60/yr range per car or better for the Platinum plan.  Cheaper per car if you have more cars. Don’t even bother trying to deal on the lower plans, they  all seem to have the same price floor-in fact, I think they’ve mostly done away with them.

I usually spend several hours of my time each year playing this game, and this year I’m debating whether it’s worth the trouble.  Wife listens to it, I can’t remember the last time I did.  She can learn to use her phone and Spotify.  I’d reup if they’d just give me the same deal without the whole dance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

You just gotta hang up and try again.  If this process is entertaining to you, or if your money is worth more than your time, a few days of walking away and trying again maybe 2-3 times a day will get you in the $60/yr range per car or better for the Platinum plan.  Cheaper per car if you have more cars. Don’t even bother trying to deal on the lower plans, they  all seem to have the same price floor-in fact, I think they’ve mostly done away with them.

I usually spend several hours of my time each year playing this game, and this year I’m debating whether it’s worth the trouble.  Wife listens to it, I can’t remember the last time I did.  She can learn to use her phone and Spotify.  I’d reup if they’d just give me the same deal without the whole dance.

We cut off Sirius two years ago at the start of Covid and it’s really not been missed. The song rotations are crap anyway. Just stream Spotify. Or play digital music off the iPhone, or stream sports talk radio. I drove from Austin to Dallas and just stream apps. I do not miss the annual argument. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LosIllini said:

That's in the ballpark of what I just paid for one vehicle--- ~$125 with taxes/ royalties/ etc.  So, there's probably some wiggle room to negotiate.  They said going forward that I would be auto-renewed at this price, and not have to do the annual price savings dance.  I set a calendar reminder to make sure.

They said the opposite to me. Mine will auto renew at list price so I get to call next year. I am just glad to get 12 months and both cars on same bill. used to have to call every six months for 2 cars = 4 calls per year

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We cut off Sirius two years ago at the start of Covid and it’s really not been missed. The song rotations are crap anyway. Just stream Spotify. Or play digital music off the iPhone, or stream sports talk radio. I drove from Austin to Dallas and just stream apps. I do not miss the annual argument. 

Nah, it’s got tremendous depth and diversity of music and news. Flipping through channels 15-35 gives everything rock related you could be in mood for, old and new. Plus pro sports all through the app. And the standup comedy stations are solid. I drive enough that firing up my iphone for spotify every time i start the car is a whip.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2022 at 11:27 PM, Axle Hongsnort said:


Nah, it’s got tremendous depth and diversity of music and news. Flipping through channels 15-35 gives everything rock related you could be in mood for, old and new. Plus pro sports all through the app. And the standup comedy stations are solid. I drive enough that firing up my iphone for spotify every time i start the car is a whip.

The song stations have a very tight, and very weird, rotation.  The same songs come up over and over, and on the vintage stations, sometimes they're kinda fringe and obscure.  Like the early Alternative station (1st Wave) plays a lot of Blancmange.  They've gotten more airplay on Sirius in a month in 2020 than they did in an entire year in the 1980s.  

Yes, I am that old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 2:48 PM, AUinHsv said:

They said the opposite to me. Mine will auto renew at list price so I get to call next year. I am just glad to get 12 months and both cars on same bill. used to have to call every six months for 2 cars = 4 calls per year

That's the only way I've ever seen it.  And I used to have to make 2 sets of calls each year (1 for each car), but at some point I went month-to-month with one of them on some $3 deal for a few months and got them lined up.  So there's that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2022 at 4:36 PM, Horns99 said:

FYI - they will offer 5.99 ( $7.77) a month over Chat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, just got that deal myself.  It does jump to $17.99 a month after 12 months, so make sure and catch it before hand 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Got $4.99 per month for 12 months through the online chat app.  Very easy, very cool.

You have to shake your head how so many companies want to charge $15-25 per month but when you tell them it’s too much, they drop it down to $5. This occurs with me with Sirius, NY Times, Houston Chronicle, etc.

at least they don’t require you to spend 20 minutes threatening to quit like how it used to work with Sirius.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, my experience went something like this:

Me:  "I want to cancel my subscription."

Them:  "Why?"

Me:  "It's too expensive.  You want to charge me $23 / month but some losers I know on the internet are getting it for $6 / month."

Them:  "We'll give it to you for 12 months at $4.99 / month if that's ok."

Me:  "Deal."

That was it.  Took about two minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2022 at 10:20 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yeah, my experience went something like this:

Me:  "I want to cancel my subscription."

Them:  "Why?"

Me:  "It's too expensive.  You want to charge me $23 / month but some losers I know on the internet are getting it for $6 / month."

Them:  "We'll give it to you for 12 months at $4.99 / month if that's ok."

Me:  "Deal."

That was it.  Took about two minutes.

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Got $4.99 per month for 12 months through the online chat app.  Very easy, very cool.

I finally gave up on the set-my-Outlook-for-every-six-months to spend 15 mins on the phone to keep that rate. I think I'm getting charged $7.99/month and get online/app access as well. As long as they don't fuck around and find out with this, I think I'm OK with it as-is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Can I reference you, Fudge Nuggets, in my chat if need be?

ETA - they tried $5.99/mo until I dropped a little Fudge Nuggets.  Getting $4.99 now.  

Last year I was at $5.99 per month so I was surprised they offered $4.99. I would have taken either deal, not like $12 a year makes any difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, C-Man said:

I finally gave up on the set-my-Outlook-for-every-six-months to spend 15 mins on the phone to keep that rate. I think I'm getting charged $7.99/month and get online/app access as well. As long as they don't fuck around and find out with this, I think I'm OK with it as-is.

I did this... and ended up at $23.99. I suggest you call and get $5.99...  Hell, I'll call for you, and you can send me $20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I did this... and ended up at $23.99. I suggest you call and get $5.99...  Hell, I'll call for you, and you can send me $20.

I look at it at least every other month. If it jumps, I'll call.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

New offer for returning customers, 3 years for $99, but it ends up around $120 with fees.  Go to this link and put in your info to see if you qualify:

https://care.siriusxm.com/subscribe/checkout/flepz?programcode=36FOR99SELECT&tbview=DM&upcode=U60FOR150SELECT&utm_campaign=OEM_Used_BAU&utm_medium=DM&utm_source=Post-33_Sel-03-yr-for-099_USD-OV-SL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

FWIW- just got the SiriusXM annual renewal flyer in the mail, and they had me auto-renewing at last year's price $123 (i may call up to haggle, didn't try real hard last year), but, it didn't go the usual $300-$400 'before negotiation price'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...