Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

surlybevo

yeah, i'm still waiting it out.  buying the dip is cool and all, but not sure we ready to pamp yet.  whales are merciless and probably a pump to clear out some shorts.
geez, a single account just sold ~60eth of Looks right when it got up to $4.  but it's been holding out pretty well tbh.  

befe5acf46cf6623212a8da49c9ae335.gif
48aba5db08f9b622e41bfa65785824df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, txduck87 said:

Dead. Cat. Bounce.

Lol. Dude never posted in this thread until this drawdown. 

If only we had been so lucky to have him earlier to tell us that crypto is volatile. 

If only we had been so lucky to have him earlier to tell us that crypto is volatile. 

Just an old guy who’s seen the movie many times over my life . 1987, dotcom 2000, 2008 financial crisis , real estate bubble.

Just a cautionary tale for you yunguns.

Personally don’t own a penny of the stuff but , history is doomed to repeat itself .

Index funds over the long haul will get you where you want to be.
Tread with caution young bucks .

Now get off my lawn
#retired@55

1 minute ago, txduck87 said:

Just an old guy who’s seen the movie many times over my life . 1987, dotcom 2000, 2008 financial crisis , real estate bubble.

Just a cautionary tale for you yunguns.

Personally don’t own a penny of the stuff but , history is doomed to repeat itself .

Index funds over the long haul will get you where you want to be.
Tread with caution young bucks .

Now get off my lawn emoji3.png
#retired@55

Instructions unclear. Sold all my Vanguard funds and put it all into Dogecoin. 

Funny that when crypto makes a downturn, people come out of the woodwork for an I-told-you-so moment. Then they disappear waiting for another downturn.  Bear markets in crypto can be measures in days if not hours.  Just as anti-crypto types like to quote drops from the top, let's reverse that with the gain since Monday's low: 13.5% up.

In my view, the real drain on crypto has been that ALL investors are being hurt in the stock & crypto markets. It's a false argument by some crypto enthusiasts that the two are uncorrelated. When they share a certain % of investors, they're correlated. But I see more adoption and use cases of crypto by the day. In comparing crypto to internet adoption, we're basically in 1994. We haven't heard of Amazon yet. Google and Facebook aren't even an idea yet.

to be clear, It would not shock me if crypto is down for 2022. There are too many macro economic signs to not see this as a possibility.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Funny that when crypto makes a downturn, people come out of the woodwork for an I-told-you-so moment. Then they disappear waiting for another downturn.

Yeah , we hardly heard a word from the whales / bulls / margin-buyers / social media nerds when it was at $68k :rolleyes

Here’s a quick PSA. I’ve seen people post about Voyager in the past. Thought you might be interested in their terms and conditions.

Section 5D. 
https://www.investvoyager.com/useragreement/

You can be certain other exchanges do the same. They’re selling more coins than they have. Essentially running a fractional reserve. With the supply artificially inflated, it keeps the price down. Pulling coins off exchanges (of any crypto) gives you sovereignty over your coins and also helps mitigate this way of suppressing the price of your favorite coin(s). Not your keys not your coins. 

• Fuck You 1

man i would love someone to walk me through staking the aave and ankr that i have.  aave looks pretty straightforward based on their site.  ankr, way over my head.  this is a really dumb request but it appears you guys really get all this.  ive just been holding and buying when i can.  pm me if you can help.
thanks in advance.

I staked 1/2 of my AAVE. It’s pretty easy. I make 5%, which ain’t much, but it’s there. What do you want to know?

17 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Which has better potential long term upside, Matic or Cardano?  I realize opinions may vary.  

Been reading some noise about ADA getting ready for a move up.  Supposedly whales have doubled their holdings in the last few days.  We'll see.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think when they say “for national security reasons” they don’t mean “criminals might use BTC for criminal purposes”. What they mean is BTC could pose a threat to the government’s monopoly on money and we can’t have that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Us govt wants to regulate btc, but terrorists and drug dealers always discovered with millions in US currency.

Now, I specifically remember in Breaking Bad when they were laying on the huge pile of Bitcoin in the storage locker.

Speaking of, however, was reading about Silk Road and Ross Ulbricht who went to Westlake and UT-Dallas. Anyone know him?

I started a Gemini account a few months ago to buy some BTC and ETH to sit on and watch how things work. Now I want to put some into a handful of altcoins, but Gemini doesn't trade a lot of them such as ADA. 

Is Binance a good exchange to jump into other coins or would you recommend something else?  I liked Gemini because I didn't have to go through and get multiple wallets which I didn't want to bother with. What wallets/platforms do y'all use/recommend for someone just starting out?

13 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I started a Gemini account a few months ago to buy some BTC and ETH to sit on and watch how things work. Now I want to put some into a handful of altcoins, but Gemini doesn't trade a lot of them such as ADA. 

Is Binance a good exchange to jump into other coins or would you recommend something else?  I liked Gemini because I didn't have to go through and get multiple wallets which I didn't want to bother with. What wallets/platforms do y'all use/recommend for someone just starting out?

Crypto.com. Good rewards program with CRO and their card w free netflix and spotify rebate plus 10% stakingif you have the money to upgrade to jade green(4k). Don't hold up withdrawals generally like Binance does with coins like One when moving off exchange. 

Edited by AngryDragon
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I’ve found kraken too be a good exchange.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/24/2022 at 11:56 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

It's the same guy. Hates on crypto when things are bad or they're "thankful they got out early." When things are going well "yeah, I got in early on bitmeth, at like 4 cents, I'm buying the Detroit Lions."  Every time

CPI report released at 7:30 CST this morning, and markets promptly reacted. BTC did as well. For all of the talk of BTC being a hedge against inflation and superior to the Fiat currencies, etc.... it seems to be increasingly correlated to the markets in general. 

image.png.342846ba0a1f1bf90b1eb64e588490df.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

CPI report released at 7:30 CST this morning, and markets promptly reacted. BTC did as well. For all of the talk of BTC being a hedge against inflation and superior to the Fiat currencies, etc.... it seems to be increasingly correlated to the markets in general. 

image.png.342846ba0a1f1bf90b1eb64e588490df.png

At the end of the day, it's the same investors.  That's the correlation.

i have not entered back in to any main coins yet.  small position in Luna.  

as to taxes, most of the cexs will basically tell you your tax liability right?  it's the defi and nft shit that gives me a headache just thinking about it.  we file quarterly and pretty much always get an extension.  I am hoping/betting on some better software coming out to calculate the defi and nft tax liability.  all the data is there and you can download everything fom etherscan and polyscan (and the solana scan etc... with all the niche chains) but what a beating.