Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

On 7/16/2023 at 10:23 AM, nnm said:

First Russia came up with the slap fights. Now this. 

That was part of Marine Corps boot camp in the ‘90s.  A 3’ x 3’ ring and two recruits with boxing gloves.  You’d spend one minute only punching nonstop while the other guy only defended, then switch it up for the second minute.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Why did they have to do that at 10,000'?  Couldn't they have come down a bit first?

There sure were a lot of cameras ready to record that action.

Is that a Tublin 601?

Those planes can still fly at like 20 mph, it probably would have been fine landing with one wheel.

That's like the rare Bigfoot video: a woman successfully changing a tire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, miguelito said:

That's like the rare Bigfoot video

I mean so much shit is fake on social media.  it looks legit and probably is, but if it were somehow edited I wouldn't be surprised.  but that girl was a badass; would be a cool scene in a movie or something.

Wingwalking used to be a popular form of entertainment.  They’d have them at every air show back when airshows were a big deal.  The tire change was part of a performance.  Pretty cool though.  (And at least they didn’t let her drive the thing.) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I guess that's what prohibition and technology did to entertainment: 

1910's, stinking drunk:  Let's get dressed up in suits and hats on a summer's day, go down to the harbor, and wave at people we don't know leaving on big steam ships.  

1920's, stone cold sober:  Let's wear whatever, head down to the airfield, and watch women walk untethered from airplane to airplane mid-flight.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Dolphin sized sperm whale?

Screenshot2023-07-19221407.thumb.jpg.5193ed3f26da4192bf2a2c8ef54f28e4.jpg

I dunno man. I’m a desert rat living in ETX. Something got torn up pretty bad though. 

edit: from the comments:  

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Superhero said:

The bear shoulda beared. 

I wouldn’t shed a tear if these dumbasses found out.

It appears that the people were walking on a gravel paved trail when the bear crossed them. What else they were supposed to do? Run? Hell no. Intimidate the bear? Hell no. Stand and film possibly your last minutes is ok with me.

8 hours ago, Superhero said:

The bear shoulda beared. 

I wouldn’t shed a tear if these dumbasses found out.

Looking at the bear, that's in Alaska, likely Katmai. If you're out on a trail and a bear is coming, you're supposed to scoot over and let them pass if talking and the sight of you doesn't make it turn. Could have given him a bit more room perhaps. 

(Coastal brown bears are way more tolerant than inland grizzlies. They have to be, because they live in such high densities. Still, of course, there's dudes like Grizzly Man who did the ultimate fuck around and find out.)

• Like 1