Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

This is what a State Trooper in our area came upon when he pulled over a car, the still is from his bodycam.  The shooter was apparently a passenger and reached over the driver to fire his gun before fleeing the scene, officer will recover, shooter was found dead of self inflicted gun shot...

image.thumb.png.faf40d4dfe5acd205b47253ce3cdeb22.png

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

54 minutes ago, Underdog said:

This is what a State Trooper in our area came upon when he pulled over a car, the still is from his bodycam.  The shooter was apparently a passenger and reached over the driver to fire his gun before fleeing the scene, officer will recover, shooter was found dead of self inflicted gun shot...

image.thumb.png.faf40d4dfe5acd205b47253ce3cdeb22.png

Happy ending, for sure.  Note the ejected cartridge shell in the air!

I have a buddy whose family owns a cabin on Puget Sound. Last time we were up there, they had a family of bald eagles nesting on their property. We would hang out on their beach and watch the eagles wreck shop. One evening we were floating on tubes, knocking back beers probably 20 feet off the shore, and a shadow overtakes me as an eagle came swooping in from behind us and snatched a fish probably 30 feet from where we were floating. Gotta say, the edibles enhanced the badassery on display. 

We were snorkeling at Maho Bay in the USVI and a pelican dove in 5 feet in front of me to snag a fish. I was underwater at the time and it scared the hell out of me. At first, I thought someone had somehow dove in the water.

On 6/17/2023 at 8:30 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

A German friend of mine went out to Hawaii to visit another friend who was getting his PHD in ocean something-or-other out there. On New Year's Eve they dropped acid and went to float around in a lagoon to watch some fireworks as they floated around on their tubes.  Some humpback whales came into the lagoon to feed. They were breaching all around my friends. My German friend was freaking out but my other friend said "relax, they know exactly where we are."  This went on for a couple of hours as they were floating around. German friend still says it was one of the most incredible experiences of his life.

I think acid *may* have contributed to them seeing whales breeching all around them. 

On 6/17/2023 at 10:30 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

A German friend of mine went out to Hawaii to visit another friend who was getting his PHD in ocean something-or-other out there. On New Year's Eve they dropped acid and went to float around in a lagoon to watch some fireworks as they floated around on their tubes.  Some humpback whales came into the lagoon to feed. They were breaching all around my friends. My German friend was freaking out but my other friend said "relax, they know exactly where we are."  This went on for a couple of hours as they were floating around. German friend still says it was one of the most incredible experiences of his life.

Years ago, we were on Kauai with friends.  Somebody introduced some substances into the afternoon.  So being a pretty strong swimmer, I decided to venture out pretty far.  Maybe not the best idea.  But I'm hundreds of yards off-shore and tired of freestyle so I start a half-ass side-stroke.  and I look over (had the sense to at least wear goggles) and there is what was probably a 4 foot/300 pound sea turtle swimming right along side me.  And it turned to it's side as I had done and basically paced me for another 50 yards.  It is maybe the most serene and solemn moments of my life.  At some point it veered off and down which reminded my ass that it lived there and I didn't.  and I made my way back to the beach.  When I'm not eating animals and polluting the atmosphere, there are a handful of moments that remind me of how connected all of nature actually is.  I can still see it in my mind, when the turtle broke off from our dual swim like an F-16 breaking off formation in a movie.  /csb

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LTbear said:

Nope 

Kid's got a great TikTok channel where he goes out into the Everglades at night, barefoot, yoinking up critters left and right, avoiding swamp puppies (gators) and doing all kinds of shit that make you say nope.  He's actually in the Amazon in that clip above.

10 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Came across that crew at The Drink on 6th back in 99. That was the football team hangout at the time. 

Bo can put em back.

Was that the one with $2 or $3 martini’s on Thursdays?  Use to always run in that place to slam a couple.   Edit- No that was Spill The Drink was loud club packed club on the corner of 6th and Trinity I think.  

Edited by Hook1997

38 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Was that the one with $2 or $3 martini’s on Thursdays?  Use to always run in that place to slam a couple.   Edit- No that was Spill The Drink was loud club packed club on the corner of 6th and Trinity I think.  

Yea it was at 6th and trinity and it was cheap. Met Mike Shanahan there on Halloween with kyle. Gave him a koozie.

14 hours ago, Mittens said:

Kid's got a great TikTok channel where he goes out into the Everglades at night, barefoot, yoinking up critters left and right, avoiding swamp puppies (gators) and doing all kinds of shit that make you say nope.  He's actually in the Amazon in that clip above.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8JyR8Tt/

• Hook 'Em 1