Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just to let you know, I'm negging you not because I disagree with your statement (which I do, btw), but because you're making such a lazy fucking argument and dismissing everything I said.

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Also worth noting: the GOP holds all the cards here. If they think she's lying or her friends are lying, they have all the subpoena power to test the veracity of their claims. It's strange that they're doing absolutely NOTHING to investigate the claims and to investigate previous perjury before the SJC.

I appreciate your explanation on the negg. I am not sure what I dismissed. She was sexually assaulted by someone who is now being nominated for the supreme court. I repeated what you wrote as fact and stated the nominee should not move on.

I won't pretend to think that you do not know your answer to the second quote. GOP have set themselves a deadline before midterms and this last minute accusation, which can derail this nominee, looks to extend it beyond November. Also, as another poster has already pointed out to say NOTHING has been investigated is probably not accurate.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Most on the left have never accused the Koch brothers of actively participating in mass genocide. 

I'll admit, I didn't get that talking point memo.  I head the podcast interview of them and to me they just seemed like affable old dudes made foolish by too much money and time.

Ever notice how those on the left and even those conservatives who aren't bought in wholesale to this administration are the ones who say "hey, if new evidence comes to light I'll reconsider my position", and yet it's the hard right patriots who continually bring up wholly debunked conspiracy theories, and THEN babble on and on about how the left is incapable of rational thought?

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

The Senate Judiciary is investigating.  Just go look at their twitter feed.  

And this lady could not be more credible.  The only issue, in my mind, is how to prove if it was Kavanaugh or not.  This 'let's see if she's credible' under testimony is a ridiculous standard and purely opinion based.  I'll go ahead and guess the Hugo/Denison/et all will say she's supremely credible and therefor truthful.  Chrispy, greggy and IC are going to say she was clearly lying and couldn't remember enough details to satisfy.  Then we are back to right here again.  Back to your corners.    

This guy?

5 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

You are so easily baited,Thats correct. And thats exactly why he was able to help the Nazis . No one suspected that a 7 year old would do what he did. And if you weren't such an idiot, you would know that many years later he was asked if he regretted exposing Jews that were hiding from the Nazis and sending them to be gassed and he said he had absolutely no regrets.

You're pathetic.

This is the transcript that you are referencing.  It does not say anything close to what you say it does.  This is pathetic and a disgrace to every one of us who atoned yesterday.  

EDIT: I do not personally know realgreggym, so personal attacks are not appropriate.  

Kroft: “My understanding is that you went … went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.”

Soros: “Yes, that’s right. Yes.”

Kroft: “I mean, that’s — that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?”

Soros: “Not, not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don’t … you don’t see the connection. But it was — it created no — no problem at all.”

Kroft: “No feeling of guilt?”

Soros: “No.”

Kroft: “For example, that, ‘I’m Jewish, and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be these, I should be there.’ None of that?”

Soros: “Well, of course, … I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn’t be there, because that was — well, actually, in a funny way, it’s just like in the markets — that if I weren’t there — of course, I wasn’t doing it, but somebody else would — would — would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the — whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the — I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.“

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

You are so easily baited,Thats correct. And thats exactly why he was able to help the Nazis . No one suspected that a 7 year old would do what he did. And if you weren't such an idiot, you would know that many years later he was asked if he regretted exposing Jews that were hiding from the Nazis and sending them to be gassed and he said he had absolutely no regrets.

You're pathetic.

You are lying again.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Most on the left have never accused the Koch brothers of actively participating in mass genocide.

56 minutes ago,  realgreggym said: 

Wet dream was probably a poor choice of words.. I agree. The problem is that I don't know the facts and I am not sure anyone else does. . The other concern is the questionable timing, the fact that she claims to want to stay anonymous and yet took a polygraph and then hired a far left wing anti Trump attorney that has connections to Soros. And yet this intelligent woman thought that she could stay anonymous. I believe until proven otherwise that this is just another setup just like Thomas because dems lost elections and this is their only option left.

If it can be proven otherwise, I'll listen... a little.

Ah yes, let's throw some good old fashioned Jew bashing into the mix.

You are the one who accused a Jew of being an anti-Semite when he didn’t mention Soros’ heritage at all

you would know that many years later he was asked if he regretted exposing Jews that were hiding from the Nazis and sending them to be gassed and he said he had absolutely no regrets.

This is from a 60 Minutes interview in the 80s and the way you’re framing it is misleading. he didn’t have a fucking choice.  What was he supposed to regret?  Not getting himself murdered by Nazis? 

• Like 1

Just now, realgreggym said:

How sad that you don't know the truth. Its not anti sematic.  Its soros is human scum.

I do know the truth.  Your claims are anti-semitic lies.  If Soros is human scum, it isn't because of the phony things you accuse him of.   You're just a useful idiot for David Duke crowd.  Again, it's just sad. 

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

no, I saw @senjudiciary stuff.  Looks like it is still up.  

Yeah, I looked at their feed too.  The problem I have with that feed is that it is simply spewing talking points from the republicans running the show.  Also, their narrative is not completely accurate.  They say they offered Dr. Ford multiple dates to testify when Grassley very clearly stated the contrary.  I have a hard time taking that feed at face value, especially if one simply drills down to see what the investigation really entailed (statements, not interviews, e.g.)

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

wildcat accused greggym of “Jew-baiting” by merely bringing up the name of Soros as a way to discredit the possible connection to a known leftist provocateur. Reread the posts

Let me break this down for you since the meth has left several large holes in your brain.

Poster A: Soros was a nazi and helped gas the jews

Poster B: Wow, you are insane.

Iconoclast: What, we can't question liberal politics without getting yelled at?

That was the context.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is from a 60 Minutes interview in the 80s and the way you’re framing it is misleading. he didn’t have a fucking choice.  What was he supposed to regret?  Not getting himself murdered by Nazis? 

ITS NOT MISLEADING. HE. DID. NOT. SAY. THAT.  

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Wet dream was probably a poor choice of words.. I agree. The problem is that I don't know the facts and I am not sure anyone else does. . The other concern is the questionable timing, the fact that she claims to want to stay anonymous and yet took a polygraph and then hired a far left wing anti Trump attorney that has connections to Soros. And yet this intelligent woman thought that she could stay anonymous. I believe until proven otherwise that this is just another setup just like Thomas because dems lost elections and this is their only option left.

Read more  

You are the one who accused a Jew of being an anti-Semite when he didn’t mention Soros’ heritage at all

You seem to play the victim card a lot.

11 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

He helped "find and gas Jews"? I do not think that accurate. Convince me otherwise. 

I am a little surprised by some responses because I thought this was common knowledge about soros. . I gave him the benefit of the doubt because those were really difficult times and if I was in his situation I have no idea what I would have done. He lost that benefit of the doubt when years later he stated that he had no regrets of his actions. Thats why I hope he rots in hell and soon. If he would have been even somewhat remorseful, I would have given him a pass because of what I just stated.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, DDD Dad said:

Yeah, I looked at their feed too.  The problem I have with that feed is that it is simply spewing talking points from the republicans running the show.  Also, their narrative is not completely accurate.  They say they offered Dr. Ford multiple dates to testify when Grassley very clearly stated the contrary.  I have a hard time taking that feed at face value, especially if one simply drills down to see what the investigation really entailed (statements, not interviews, e.g.)

Agreed, just pointing out to whoever the other poster was that there were doing 'nothing' when I think they are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Read more  

And yet here he is peddling anti-Semitic lies.

I am a little surprised by some responses because I thought this was common knowledge about soros. . I gave him the benefit of the doubt because those were really difficult times and if I was in his situation I have no idea what I would have done. He lost that benefit of the doubt when years later he stated that he had no regrets of his actions. Thats why I hope he rots in hell and soon. If he would have been even somewhat remorseful, I would have given him a pass because of what I just stated.

You're in a dead run from truth. You are in no position to pass judgment on anyone's credibility.

I am a little surprised by some responses because I thought this was common knowledge about soros. . I gave him the benefit of the doubt because those were really difficult times and if I was in his situation I have no idea what I would have done. He lost that benefit of the doubt when years later he stated that he had no regrets of his actions. 

When exactly did he say he has no regret?  Cite your source, please.  All I've ever seen is him saying AT THE TIME he felt no remorse, which is perfectly understandable, given his age.

14 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I won't pretend to think that you do not know your answer to the second quote. GOP have set themselves a deadline before midterms and this last minute accusation, which can derail this nominee, looks to extend it beyond November. Also, as another poster has already pointed out to say NOTHING has been investigated is probably not accurate.

They set an absolutely arbitrary deadline, based on a fear of losing the house senate and losing their chance to jam a justice through the nomination process. It's the high of hypocrisy to say that there's no time to investigate when the GOP demanded at least a year to fully vet Obama's nominee and wouldn't even meet him in their private office(s).

Edited by Captainant
derp'd senate to house

I do look forward to additional thoughtful, personal attacks, so thank you in advance for participating. It is always fun to shop at Kroger Field. That being said, regardless of her credibility or the truth, I think this sets a dangerous precedent that outweighs any tactical outcome. Additionally, the details of how this came out is suspect - at least they had the decency to Bork Bork and Thomas upfront; but I guess 0.500 was too risky.

Yes, I know I'm racist, sexist, homphobic, anti-BLT, anti-Islamic and hate the environment and puppies. Please add others as I so enjoy the creativity. 

Just now, Captainant said:

They set an absolutely arbitrary deadline, based on a fear of losing the house and losing their chance to jam a justice through the nomination process. It's the high of hypocrisy to say that there's no time to investigate when the GOP demanded at least a year to fully vet Obama's nominee and wouldn't even meet him in their private office(s).

Then it would not be arbitrary right? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Let me break this down for you since the meth has left several large holes in your brain.

Poster A: Soros was a nazi and helped gas the jews

Poster B: Wow, you are insane.

Iconoclast: What, we can't question liberal politics without getting yelled at?

That was the context.

wildcat was attempting to discredit greggym’s points with the unintentionally hilarious attempt at shutting down his argument without addressing the points he raised by saying he is an ant-Semite. he was merely mentioning a connection that the accuser’s lawyer has to one of the most evil men in the world 

1 minute ago, realgreggym said:

I don't know where you come up with that nonsense.

Have you not been reading the last 3 days on this thread?  IT has been whining about all of the horrible personal attacks on him and negative rep points put on those supporting Kavanaugh.  Try to keep up.

Edited by DDD Dad

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

wildcat was attempting to discredit greggym’s points with the unintentionally hilarious attempt at shutting down his argument without addressing the points he raised by saying he is an ant-Semite. he was merely mentioning a connection that the accuser’s lawyer has to one of the most evil men in the world 

What does Putin have to do with any of this?

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Then it would not be arbitrary right? 

The deadline itself is an arbitrary date. There is no process or legislative requirement to confirm kavanaugh this month. Their desire to confirm him ASAP is not arbitrary, and is partially outlined by my previous post.

7 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

You seem to play the victim card a lot.

I like posts that actually debate and not smears trying to silence an unpopular viewpoint in this echo chamber. Thankfully, this place isn’t representative of the real world or other places where people post opinions like in the WSJ.

4 minutes ago, Flaming Moderate said:

Yes, I know I'm racist, sexist, homphobic, anti-BLT, anti-Islamic and hate the environment and puppies. Please add others as I so enjoy the creativity. 

You're a knave, a rascal, an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave; a whoreson, glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service; and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pander, and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch; one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

When exactly did he say he has no regret?  Cite your source, please.  All I've ever seen is him saying AT THE TIME he felt no remorse, which is perfectly understandable, given his age.

Jimmy, he said that years ago. I am not going to spend time looking it up. If its important to you, go look for yourself. I am not going to get into it on this board but there have been a number of things that he has said and done over the years that backs up his hatred of Jews.i

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

You're a knave, a rascal, an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave; a whoreson, glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service; and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pander, and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch; one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition.

Shakespeare was OK with a turn of the phrase, but couldn't he have worked in "shitgibbon"?

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

I like posts that actually debate and not smears trying to silence an unpopular viewpoint in this echo chamber. Thankfully, this place isn’t representative of the real world or other places where people post opinions like in the WSJ.

If you've been paying attention you'll note that in between a few smart ass comments primarily directed at you and Chrispy (mostly with my tongue firmly in cheek) I've made specific comments on the merits of a number of points raised, without denigrating any unpopular opinions worthy of meritorious discussion.

I won't, of course, dignify concerned question trolling, obtuse repeated questions that ignore thoughtful responses of others, or whining and baiting of those with whom you disagree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, realgreggym said:

Jimmy, he said that years ago. I am not going to spend time looking it up. If its important to you, go look for yourself. I am not going to get into it on this board but there have been a number of things that he has said and done over the years that backs up his hatred of Jews.i

Please explain the terms I should use to get NOT "remorse" and "not 60 Minutes" etc.  Come on.  You made the claim, back it up.