Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s dead to me. 

So, we can stop then with the bullshit narrative that he's some sort of "conscientious Republican"?

Same for Hurd-- he talks a good game, but votes right down the line with DOTUS, 100%.

39 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Just saw a report that Donnelly is a no.  If there is a pact, then that could be huge.  It would make sense that they gave Flake a pass in committee and will deal with this on the floor.

Again, lot of whispers flying around town today, so treat it with a whole shaker of salt.

Keep hope alive!

32 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I hope it never happens but if I am ever put in a position where my only two options are being gang raped or being gang grandstanded by Democrat Senators I will take the rape.  It will be over sooner and my ears won't hurt as much.

I actually do hope you get raped, and then get mocked in public when you try and press charges.

32 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oh, he disqualified himself for the job. It just doesn't matter to Republican senators.

It's going to matter to voters.

28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

We’ll see.  I don’t think Dem voters are any more engaged today than they were 2 weeks ago. They’ve been throwing a temper tantrum for going on 2 years. 

On the other hand, people who have been put off by Trump could be more willing to come back to the fold and support Rs after all the theatrics. 

The fun part is we’ll be able to tell after the midterms how it affected everything. 

Interesting how you don't even care about the part of the post you respond to that deals with Kavanaugh's fitness. It really is all pragmatic winning/losing for much of the soulless GOP. 

Graham and Kavanaugh scream and weep to provide emotional appeal, but there's really not much attention paid to just plain decency, integrity, or simply caring about the republic. Graham emotes for a role in the President Trump Summer Stock Shitshow as the Spitting AG. He'll also spend time as a projectionist or maybe just the projector.

Kavanaugh pours out crocodile tears while he parrots talking points/lies and filibusters in an unmanly whine while roaring his anger like a tiger. He's a one man zoo who brings amazing talents to the Supreme Court of the United States. 

Forty or fifty million Americans cheer wildly from the audience waving pom-poms.

FoolhardyConsiderateAsiaticlesserfreshwa

24 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

siap

Actually... not, not in the WSJ paper or online editions..

Shit like this infuriates me. People make up facts, cite a reputable source, people dont actually investigate the facts and then poof, a false narrative that is patently untrue is born.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Right, I’m responding to all of be people I’m seeing this morning ready to disown any D that votes for him. Throw Doug Jones in there too.

Jones is an interesting one.  I think the circumstances of why he beat Roy Moore will let him vote with the Dems on this one.  If Kavanaugh isn't involved in the scandal he is, Jones would have been a yes.  Or it could be that he knows he isn't winning re-election so he doesn't care.

Edited by kevwun

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Shit like this infuriates me. People make up facts, cite a reputable source, people dont actually investigate the facts and then poof, a false narrative that is patently untrue is born.

Twitter is a virus.

Disgusting.

Interesting how you don't even care about the part of the post you respond to that deals with Kavanaugh's fitness. It really is all pragmatic winning/losing for much of the soulless GOP. 
Graham and Kavanaugh scream and weep to provide emotional appeal, but there's really not much attention paid to just plain decency, integrity, or simply caring about the republic. Graham emotes for a role in the President Trump Summer Stock Shitshow as the Spitting AG. He'll also spend time as a projectionist or maybe just the projector.
Kavanaugh pours out crocodile tears while he parrots talking points/lies and filibusters in an unmanly whine while roaring his anger like a tiger. He's a one man zoo who brings amazing talents to the Supreme Court of the United States. 
Forty or fifty million Americans cheer wildly from the audience waving pom-poms.
FoolhardyConsiderateAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-small.gif

But Obama gets choked up after a buncha 6 year olds were just murdered and it’s proof that he’s weak and unfit.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

If true glad I don’t shop there. 

Better not be HEB. 

I mean, a grocery chain is a grocery chain.

I always just had him pegged as one of those simpleton upper middles that thinks the homogenized trash can that is St. Barth's is still remotely worth a shit, so I guess I was right.

• Haha 1

GOP stonewall with a purpose

"The New Yorker reports that email correspondence between Deborah Ramirez’s legal team and Republican and Democratic Senate staffers “shows that a Republican aide declined to proceed with telephone calls and instead repeatedly demanded that Ramirez produce additional evidence in written form. Only then could any conversation about her testimony proceed. The exchange culminated in a breakdown of communication between the two sides, as Republican and Democratic staffers traded accusations of stonewalling.” 

Ramirez said that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, her classmate at Yale, “had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away.”

John Clune, attorney for Ramirez, last night pointed out that they would not simply provide evidence to the GOP staff due to concern that it would simply be used to craft a defense for the accused.  But arrange to coordinate the facts with impartial investigators at the FBI, for instance?  No dice say GOP.

16 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

You’ve just described most of the threads in the cloak room 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

I see a delay as HIGHLY unlikely.  There will be votes.  If he loses it's on to somebody new.  There is time to confirm someone else by January 3 if that's what it comes to.  But there isn't much more time.

It's now or never.  And it's important to get a vote on the record.

If McConnell brings this vote to the floor and it fails, Republicans should immediately find new leadership because that would be political malpractice.